Game-Labs Forum

Add to friend list an enemy?

Guillaume de Longueheuse

Question

Hello,

Today, my road cross the one of an enemy (a british one, so, the worst). After some friendly exchange (I was on a St Pavel, and him a Privateer, so no battle really possible), we admit to make so duel in the future or talk again.

But, infortunately, we cant add each other in the friend list. (in the past, I already got this "problem" with a dutch guy).

I can understand their is some issues about this (spy?) but why not? Seems like Romeo and Juliet to prohibe this.

• Like 4

8 answers to this question

I also miss the opportunity to add players from enemy nations to my friend list. It was an improvement when we were able to add allies, but I don't see why we shouldn't be able to add enemy players to the friend list. The fact that enemies can see when I am online wouldn't bother me at all. But the ability to add friends amongst enemy nations would perhaps work to counter the growing toxicity that has infected this game and community.

• Like 6

On 16.01.2017 at 3:36 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I would add them to steam if you want to play other times.   The reason why you can't cause it lets yo know if they are on or not and can be used for spying/counting.

But then both sides have to accept invite. It's not like I add add Pablo Frias without him accepting invite and then spy his numbers. The dumbest thing I would have thought of. Are you scared of spies? Don't add enemies, simple.

3 hours ago, sruPL said:

But then both sides have to accept invite. It's not like I add add Pablo Frias without him accepting invite and then spy his numbers. The dumbest thing I would have thought of. Are you scared of spies? Don't add enemies, simple.

Wot