Game-Labs Forum

Is there a way to turn off specific side cannons?

Farrago

Question

I know you can disable specific decks in order to dedicate more gunners to the active cannons, but is there a way to designate a specific side? It would be extremely useful sometimes to have all gunners dedicated to either port or starboard cannons.

Edited by Farrago

6 answers to this question

Captiva and Arvenski both have the right of it.  F5 by default (I rebound mine to F6 I believe) will turn off port, starboard, fore, or aft guns (or any combination thereof) by hitting the button while you are looking at that side.  Very useful if you've lost some crew, or if you are perhaps overgunning (or undermanning) a vessel.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 9:17 PM, Powderhorn said:

Captiva and Arvenski both have the right of it.  F5 by default (I rebound mine to F6 I believe) will turn off port, starboard, fore, or aft guns (or any combination thereof) by hitting the button while you are looking at that side.  Very useful if you've lost some crew, or if you are perhaps overgunning (or undermanning) a vessel.

Its pretty clear with the F5 key (entire side, shown with an "R" on the reload indicator) as the crew numbers on gunnery changes and crew is spread to other tasks (sail etc) as well. But does it really make a difference if you just switch off a deck (ie F1 or F2, red cross on the reload indicator) - crew numbers does not seem to change?