Game-Labs Forum

How do I combine 2 brigades to a super brigade?

Adelthorne

2 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

I would rather have the option to micromanage division commanders same as corps commanders. 

I *really* don't want to deal with more aura-based commanders.  In minor battles that's fine, but at large battles, especially Antietam - dear god, that would be a nightmare.  It's already difficulty enough to manage 3+ corps at the same time, adding potentially another 12+ units to manage (let alone maximum army size, which would add 20 extra aura-based units on top of the 130 units, corps commander and supply wagons).  Just too much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Soldier said:

I *really* don't want to deal with more aura-based commanders.  In minor battles that's fine, but at large battles, especially Antietam - dear god, that would be a nightmare.  It's already difficulty enough to manage 3+ corps at the same time, adding potentially another 12+ units to manage (let alone maximum army size, which would add 20 extra aura-based units on top of the 130 units, corps commander and supply wagons).  Just too much.

If you had the option to *pin* the divisional commander to a  certain brigade, where he would give additional effects, that'd be cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zajuts149 said:

If you had the option to *pin* the divisional commander to a  certain brigade, where he would give additional effects, that'd be cool.

Something like that is what I would suggest. The division commander is permanently attached to one of his brigades, but you can move him between them - similar to the system that CWG2 used. In some situations you might be using a division where you have two or three brigades in combat with one in reserve. Depending on the situation, you might want the division commander in one of the lead brigades to increase their morale, or perhaps in the reserve in preparation for a counterattack. 

• Like 1