Game-Labs Forum

Moving a 'masse' of troops

Andre Bolkonsky

Got a problem: 

A blob of units march onto the field and I don't see the indicator go off telling me they're here (Fix that, please, dev; that indicator needs to be a bit more dramatic). But I digress. . . . 

The units are sitting in a clump together near a road. I want to select each one of them individually and order them to march up the road, following its contours to the best of my ability. 

I seem to have a bit of an issue selecting individual units inside the mass AND paint the arrow for them to follow without wiping out the move command for the unit right next to it that I just set. 

What am I missing? 

My thanks in advance. 

BTW, why isn't there just a 'move en masse' button where you could select all of them and have them march up the road in column? 

Edited by Andre Bolkonsky
  • Like 2

Not sure if it's intended or not but the mass arrow draw with left mouse button is gone from UGCW.

Instead you can draw a line with your right mouse to where you want your troops. Surprisingly accurate as well. I find it useful for moving large amounts of troops in to position. You can also right click once to get a more general straight line though sometimes you have to click twice to get it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Koro said:

Not sure if it's intended or not but the mass arrow draw with left mouse button is gone from UGCW.

Instead you can draw a line with your right mouse to where you want your troops. Surprisingly accurate as well. I find it useful for moving large amounts of troops in to position. You can also right click once to get a more general straight line though sometimes you have to click twice to get it.

That's not what he wants. He wants an easier ability somehow to individually route brigades through roads/clear terrain to get them to the front faster. I feel his pain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hitorishizuka said:

That's not what he wants. He wants an easier ability somehow to individually route brigades through roads/clear terrain to get them to the front faster. I feel his pain.

Bingo. 

I don't mind pathing them individually, sometimes that's better. It's the overlap of units which precludes me from locking in move orders for a specific unit without accidently selecting the brigade it's standing on top of. 

Not a killer, but let's put that on a list with all thousand other other good suggestions we made here last week. :P

Edited by Andre Bolkonsky

1 hour ago, Stonewall47 said:

My problem is often trying to select a single unit and getting two. Most often, Ill want to pull my artillery back, when I try to select them, I get them and the infantry unit right next to them. 

19 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

Agree with this, there should be a shift left click selection process when brigades stand on top of each other.  Please.  Or some kind of way to cycle through the group.

OK, well. At least it's not just me. 

Seriously, what is the best path for providing organized feedback to the developers. I know they last thing they want is everyone with a good idea pestering them while they're trying to fix something else; but there has to be a way we can construct feedback for them in a logical fashion. 

Suggestions?