Game-Labs Forum

wounded officers get sent back to the Academy?

Von Birnstock

So I purchase an officer, assign him to a unit, he fights in a few battles, gains some attributes, gets wounded, heals up and then is sent back to the academy and if I want him not only do I have to pay for him again but I have to pay even more because he ranked up.

After he recovers shouldn't he be in my reserve officers list? When a soldier recovers from his wounds he goes back to his unit. In this case the officer would return to the corps and either take over his old brigade or used to form a new one at the corps commanders discretion. 

1 hour ago, Von Birnstock said:

So I purchase an officer, assign him to a unit, he fights in a few battles, gains some attributes, gets wounded, heals up and then is sent back to the academy and if I want him not only do I have to pay for him again but I have to pay even more because he ranked up.

After he recovers shouldn't he be in my reserve officers list? When a soldier recovers from his wounds he goes back to his unit. In this case the officer would return to the corps and either take over his old brigade or used to form a new one at the corps commanders discretion. 

When the officer recovers, he will be available "in reserve" under the Barracks tab. You must reassign him, but you do not need to "buy" him again.

I had Brigadier General Mott commanding my 1st Infantry Brigade (which I renamed Stonewall Brigade), 1st Division. He was wounded during 1st Bull Run. He stayed wounded until the Peninsula campaign and is now in my Academy list. Now maybe I had two officers with the last name Mott and I am just mixing them up but if so than where is he? He isnt listed as wounded and he isnt in my reserve list. Can they die from their wounds while in recovery? 

Or maybe it was just a glitch. I currently have 4 wounded officers. Darryl Sigfried, Oscar Averell, Gilbert Mccord and Curtis Roberts. I will keep and eye on them and see if they come back into my reserve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Von Birnstock said:

I had Brigadier General Mott commanding my 1st Infantry Brigade (which I renamed Stonewall Brigade), 1st Division. He was wounded during 1st Bull Run. He stayed wounded until the Peninsula campaign and is now in my Academy list. Now maybe I had two officers with the last name Mott and I am just mixing them up but if so than where is he? He isnt listed as wounded and he isnt in my reserve list. Can they die from their wounds while in recovery? 

Or maybe it was just a glitch. I currently have 4 wounded officers. Darryl Sigfried, Oscar Averell, Gilbert Mccord and Curtis Roberts. I will keep and eye on them and see if they come back into my reserve.

That is obligatory, btw. 

The best Confederate brigade should always be named 'Stonewall'; the best Federal brigade should always be named 'Iron Brigade'. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Von Birnstock said:

Actually,game sometimes adds generals with same surnames..