Game-Labs Forum

Dear Nick Thomadis.

Stranger

Since I hardly doubt that you even read anything on steam forum regarding your game, let me copy it from there, to here, at least the most important part.

12.12.2016 Patch to be released... no patch.
13.12.2016 My bithday... no patch.
14.12.2016 No patch...
15.12.2016 No patch...
16.12.2016 No patch...
17.12.2016 No patch...
18.12.2016 No patch...
19.12.2016 No patch.
20.12.2016 No patch...

Nick Thomadis, I hope youll NEVER again dare to do it. Please, either release a patch, or just shut the f... up. I rather not know, and get a patch, than know, be lied, and wait. 

Do you see what you made me do?

image.jpg

After I made a topic on Steam some people added me as friends just to tell me they completely agree with me. Check the forum, get out of your basement, and admit, that you suck! Admit, that you have completely no f... idea of what the hell are you doing, and maybe you will be forgiven.

As as customer, I demand, not ask, or expect, I f... demand if I pay. Patch announced on 12.12.2016 is to be released on 12.12.2016, regardless of how bad it is, even if it going to break the game, that will be only your fault, you are to be blamed for a failure, Nick "Failure" Thomadis.

Now I have to spread the news in so many places, and warn the people to stay away from everything that is connected with you, tell people how an incompetent fool you are. Was it worth it?

I found a game on torrent, but I thought its one of these games, its a sin to download, I purchased it, but instead of being grateful for that, Nick decides to shit, piss, and spit all over me, fuck me over.

Delays happen, things dont necessarily go as plan. Just because a patch is delayed, does it reduce your enjoyment of the game? The game is still extremely good in its current state and i highly recommend it to everyone how it is now. Future patches to me, with the state of the game right now is just nice bonus IMHO.

• Like 9

Quite frustrating so many people don't understand the concept of Early Access game...  its absolutely normal having patches delayed at this stage.. especially when you are adding new features.. it takes time to implement them the way you want, and its normal to discover bugs that need to be fixed before any patch can be released... so have some patience guys...

• Like 1

To the OP,

I think anyone who reads this post is probably speechless at your outrage.

1. If playing this patched game on the 16th was so important to you, its strange you would so easily choose to never play it again because of a patch delay.

2. I have played PC games for decades and the notion that a delay in development is somehow new to you is astounding.  I do not recall one project in game development that has ever been on schedule, I am not defending the industry..  it simply is what it is.  I highly doubt this is news to you.

All of this leads me to believe your outrage is actually based on some sort of personal revenge rather than an honest post over developer delays.

In either case, I feel like you only succeeded in looking like a fool.

Regards,

Roberts

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Since I hardly doubt that you even read anything on steam forum regarding your game, let me copy it from there, to here, at least the most important part.

Do you see what you made me do?

image.jpg

After I made a topic on Steam some people added me as friends just to tell me they completely agree with me. Check the forum, get out of your basement, and admit, that you suck! Admit, that you have completely no f... idea of what the hell are you doing, and maybe you will be forgiven.

As as customer, I demand, not ask, or expect, I f... demand if I pay. Patch announced on 12.12.2016 is to be released on 12.12.2016, regardless of how bad it is, even if it going to break the game, that will be only your fault, you are to be blamed for a failure, Nick "Failure" Thomadis.

Now I have to spread the news in so many places, and warn the people to stay away from everything that is connected with you, tell people how an incompetent fool you are. Was it worth it?

I found a game on torrent, but I thought its one of these games, its a sin to download, I purchased it, but instead of being grateful for that, Nick decides to shit, piss, and spit all over me, fuck me over.

Actually a large number of steam posters called you out as a sad, entitled, brat who's just had a baby tantrum.

Doing it again here is even more pathetic.

Edited by Speedkermit
  • Like 5

He just needed a vent.

More important is the substrate of what happened here: people who are caring about the game are getting frustrated by what was happening. There's no denying that Stranger above cares about UGCW: he bought the game in EA period, and even more, he spent his time writing about his frustration both on Steam and UGCW forums. A patch was announced as not later than 12th Dec, and yet is 20th Dec and there's still almost no official announcement made yet regarding what is going on

While there's no common sense customer not knowing the fact that things might get dirty, even on the 12th hour, and an announced patch date might get outdated, customer's very eagerness to get more of what he likes is doing him a disservice: as no new patch date was offered, he's getting back day after day after day with the hope that the patch will come out eventually. His frustration level keep rising until it eventually reaches a point some of the less patient ones are exploding.

The developer lesson to be learned here is that if you offered a data, you must stick with it, no matter what. If the hell broke lose and there's no way you can respect it, then you absolutely have to make a public statement offering your apologies for the wrong presented date and offer a new date (eventually multiplied by 2 or even 3, just to make sure) or say that you can not offer any new date until the unforeseen problem is first solved.

Publicly appearing at least once a week during this period (best time would be sometime during week's last working day) and offering some update about things were progressing during the passing week would be also something I would strongly advice (and not only during this post outdated patch date, but during the whole development period).

Just my two cents..

PS: I myself, being a game developer and perfectly knowing everything above from my own experience, couldn't helped but kept checking a few times a day with the hope the new patch magically appeared and then feel dissapointed by the lack of it, and of official updates about the matter). Imagine how anyone with much less experience and patience might feel about this..

Edited by adonys
  • Like 4

What Adonys said, is what the OP should've said. 

However, the language, outrage and direct attacks on Nick are a little much. Game-Labs isn't some behemoth developer. As far as I can tell, it's a few people trying to create some nostalgia-inducing strategy games. Sure the Devs should have said more about the next patch, but it's the holidays and the game is in early access. Just can't see why anyone would get that frustrated over a delay. Seems childish.

To the moderators, maybe this thread should be frozen or taken down? It isn't constructive or helpful, much a less a "discussion."

• Like 6

OP. Thanks for reminding me. 

I need to go to Steam and post an incredibly positive review on this game.

The reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Because most sane, rational, people who understand how game development works don't flip out because a software patch is delayed. Disappointed, yes; rabid with the fury of a thousand suns, not so much. 

• Like 6

Le'ts hope Nick, and every other developer, sees this. 

You have an anonymous flame get zero support on this site, and every other red blooded player in this room lock sheilds and pushed back on the troll. 

The fact NO ONE was willing to come to birthday boy's defense says tons about how gamers who play this game actually feel about it. 

• Like 5

To the OP, I like you took the risk and purchased this game early release knowing full well that it was a work in progress. I do not expect the developers to always release patches on time due to optimism bias and last minute issues. I am sorry that you feel so aggrieved that you got a refund. I like this game, it is not perfect but it I have enjoyed playing the battles this last week.

I paid my money to support small independent developers. It is my birthday today, thanks for the present guys.

Made an account to say:

1. It's hard to find anything in OP's post that I agree with. Maybe "patch 0.7 was released on the 20th instead of the 12th," but beyond that statement of fact...nothing.

2. Now that this patch makes the campaign more dynamic, my rating has just gone from 8/10 to 9.5/10

• Like 1