Game-Labs Forum

PLEASE fix Signalising perk

The new Signalising perk is still not working properly. Had 2 battles today where i tagged a bigger ship than me (BR-wise) yet more enemies could join. That gets really annoying, and needs fixing. It's still not working properly.

1) (last ship was a bucentaure)
B41F6F5E32465FA03339423E04897FEAF4CC7A57

2)
58ED234FB1F280043ECF5279DB5E00CB55C38804

• Like 3

+1 except i don't think the problem is signaling perk.

Almost every fight during the pvp events, i engage in surprise or santaC versus some bigger BR enemy(s) and still, some additional enemies are allowed to enter the fight. I never used this perk, and i checked with my initial opponent at some point and he didnt use the signaling perk either. So i think it's the ROE that is bugged in a general way.

Devs it s really important that you fix and clarify the ROE, as well as fixing the ROE in hostility area. The hostility concept has the potential of unlimited awesomeness IF you fix and improve the ROE in those zones. There should be NO way to grind hostility without exposing yourself to pvp, and assists should not bring any hostility, this way ganking would not be a way to farm hostility. (just like in pvp event, the fact that assist don't bring point is great, making 5v1 or such a waste of time).

I do believe that many of the players we lost were lost because of the state of hostility system. You changed the pace of port battles, with much less port battles available, which is not a problem imo, but with the failure of the hostility system, there is nothing to bring another activity for conquest enthousiasts. We need hostility zones with space for fleet vs fleet action, squad vs squad and lone wolf vs whatever.

Edited by Zooloo
  • Like 2

I've said today that there could be some new bugs with the perk as we are receiving new reports and investigating. There is a bug that insta closes battle and pull in the battle all ships in the pull area if both attacker and defender had same BR by the time the instance created regardless of perk. We have no ETA yet but we will try to fix it within the pb land patch, or, in another case, in one of the next patches after pb land patch. 

Regarding screenshots posted by Captain Liquicity - noone of players in both cases had the perk activated (checked by logs). Other players were able to join since you can join up to two minutes in a battle in the pvp event area.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ink said:

Regarding screenshots posted by Captain Liquicity - noone of players in both cases had the perk activated (checked by logs). Other players were able to join since you can join up to two minutes to a battle in the pvp event area.

Okay, thanks for this info, Ive seen some people saying that in Global chat but never actually read it in official patchnotes. Now we know, thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Regarding screenshots posted by Captain Liquicity - noone of players in both cases had the perk activated (checked by logs). Other players were able to join since you can join up to two minutes in a battle in the pvp event area.

In the future it would be nice if things like this would have been explain in the patch notes of new ROE for those areas.  This is what I was thinking had been going on for the events, but for us to better test and bug check things we really need to know info like this or we will think every thing is a bug.  I know my group was thinking it was the signal flag, now we know we don't even have to have it for the PvP events.

Thanks.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ink said:

Other players were able to join since you can join up to two minutes in a battle in the pvp event area.

Why? This is causing huge problems and turning event circle into gank fest.  If you go in as a smaller group, your only option is to stay mobile so that larger groups can't catch you or have to fight you piecemeal, but leaving the battle open means larger groups can use tacklers to pin you, then pile everyone in after (and they get to spawn right on top of the battle, so you actively encourage players to join late instead of being in the circle).  Why would you revert to this broken mechanic for PvP event? People are starting to realize what a pure numbers game the event circle is and are not showing up.

ROE should be what you see is what you get in large circle, with battles only open on disadvantaged BR side with signal perk.

Edited by akd
  • Like 5