Game-Labs Forum

How are the player general's traits decided?

John the Gamer

Question

It seems like every time I start a new game, the traits my general gets bestowed are random. Could we maybe get the points free so we can pick the traits we want? Because I picked 'logistics' as my background because I want the 'logistics' trait. NOT the 'Tactics' trait, thank you very much.

So is there any logic behind the traits you get or are they randomized?

2 answers to this question

I assume it's how you answer the starting quiz. I have done a few games, and I found that "cavalry" means you get the cavalry trait for your second pick (only applies to hard difficulty). The other, I always get the +ammo one, and I always go with the build that gives me 3 politics, 4 recon, and something else. 

But really, you can just swap out your corps commander for another guy. "you" are just another officer to be assigned at will inside your army structure. you don't have to be the boss, you can lead individual brigades if you like. 

First you must make clear that YOU (the Player) are the Command-in-Chief General of your side, with your own personal stats in the Career tab, and also that you get represented by a character in the Army Order of Battle, that can be replaced at your wish by another officer.