Game-Labs Forum

Bullet wagons

william1993

Why can't you bring more than one bullet wagon to the battlefield with your whole corps? In real life each division had a set of bullet wagons and the corps had some reserve.  It makes it really hard to get ammunition during battle as I have to try to capture enemy wagons to do it.

Also, what happens to enemy wagons you capture.  For example, at Chantilly I captured 3 enemy bullet wagons.  Do I automatically get that supply somewhere?

There Called "Supply Wagons"(Artillery/Powder/Small arm ammo). This is what I do

When capturing a Enemy Supply wagon, One can consume there supplies.

The thing here is to guide/Path them back to you lines, with a guard(Skirms) than place them on 

hold behind your lines(Keeps them from wondering)+ keep wagons out of of ammo distributing area(ring) till needed than move them up.

Remember to use Hold Fire on some of your Batteries that are shooting long range.

Small returns in Kills while depleting your supplies at a fast rate.

Remember to buy max supplies when in Camp if you can afford it also ammo was a problem at times getting it to the front IRL.

Hope this helps.

No, I understand how to route the wagons back to friendly lines and the hold battery fire.  I mean what happens to teh actual supplies.

Like on the end of battle screen it would say I captured 6375 supplies.  Where do they go if I have not used them in battle?

Also I do buy max supplies (25000) in camp and I also upgrade the logistics thing.  But how does that work if I can't go past 25000 ammunition

One would think Supplies captured would return to your Camp / Stored in Supply(cost), on completion of mission.

I tried looking here but no luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/502520/discussions/0/208684375409225629/ 

It would make sense since captured weapons are put in you Armory/Reserve.

Perhaps Koro will pop in to give a definite answer.

1 hour ago, william1993 said:

No, I understand how to route the wagons back to friendly lines and the hold battery fire.  I mean what happens to teh actual supplies.

Like on the end of battle screen it would say I captured 6375 supplies.  Where do they go if I have not used them in battle?

Also I do buy max supplies (25000) in camp and I also upgrade the logistics thing.  But how does that work if I can't go past 25000 ammunition

The logistics skill makes your supply last longer, so basically more bang for the buck. Unused supply go back in your supply at camp but I'm not sure if enemy wagons do. I suppose you could test it by capturing 1 and then seeing how much money is withdrawn from the money you get after the battle, though you still have to account for what's left in your own wagon. So not sure :)

11 hours ago, Koro said:

The logistics skill makes your supply last longer, so basically more bang for the buck. Unused supply go back in your supply at camp but I'm not sure if enemy wagons do. I suppose you could test it by capturing 1 and then seeing how much money is withdrawn from the money you get after the battle, though you still have to account for what's left in your own wagon. So not sure :)

I'm pretty sure captured supplies become money if they are not used.

This is a pretty big tip I think some guides might be missing too. Never use your supplies unless you need to because the game will buy them back automatically. Also always try to capture enemy supplies as early as possible, especially on the historical battles, not only to use, but for money. 

Most of the minor battles can be completed without using any supplies at all so I frequently will just leave my cart behind. It's best to use as few supplies as possible to save money to buy more guns.  

Edited by clench

Well, it's not that much money it takes from you and you can always take the extra out of the supplies if you want to buy weapons instead. Say you save 10.000 in the supply wagon, then you will be charged 15.000 to fill it back up and you can just take them out. So it doesn't cost you anything.

What does cost you is refilling brigades at the end of the battle since those supplies are "lost". So if you really want to conserve money, and still, it's not much, move the supply wagon away from troops you see will have enough for the rest of the battle.

I think, captured supplies, which you don't use during the battle are added to your supply stack. I played a battle without supply wagon (=0 supplies) and captured an enemy supply wagon. After the battle, my supply stack in the Army camp screen had about 4000 supplies. But I don't know, what happens with the captured supplies, when your supply stack is already maximized (=25000).