Game-Labs Forum
admin

Boarding prototyping

I see good idea here, at least better than actual button pressing of Stone, scissors and paper.

I hope you can overcome all difficulties for a good implementation.

Have you thinking about different positions of the ships? with different tactical advantages of course. Boarding from the stern is more difficult in high stern ships, From the bow or stern you create a bottleneck and is more difficult to fight. The ship crossed in the bow or stern can to shoot more muskets/cannons... etc.

Edited by Siegfried
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

Have you thinking about different positions of the ships? with different tactical advantages of course. Boarding from the stern is more difficult in high stern ships, From the bow or stern you create a bottleneck and is more difficult to fight. The ship crossed in the bow or stern can to shoot more muskets/cannons... etc.

0Fu7zpe.png

• Like 13

Thank you for sharing.

Intriguing to say the least but anything, ANYTHING, is better than the simplistic system we have now.

Now the major major MAJOR interrogation remains regarding boarding - relative ships positions :) Thank you, just saw your post.

Simply because boarding is a bloody business if done wrong and in that there's no grey area.

Eager, oh so eager, to test this.

• Like 7

Now THIS is something I did not expect but totaly appreciate. Cant wait to see it - Great job here devs! Lovin it already

This is letting my poor boarding heart beat a lot faster

Edited by Twig
feelings must be shared ^^
  • Like 2

and i think this would be pretty nice if have this because then u also need to know how to position your ship. Even back in the day some captains did on purpose showed their bow or stern to an (superior) enemy to negate their numbers in sailors and/or marines.

it would give the game a game in a game and also make it more in depth instead of the 'balanced' sides were everthing except crew and moral is equal

I was thinking that maybe 3d representation takes lot of power to run with the sea combat around you.  I suppose this kind of turn based could work well.  But this looks like a pretty good idea.  Are there multiple decks to fight btw?

edit...

One more thing..  The sea combat is pretty good in the game, even tho we argue about some details still.

It is hard to get boarding on the same level, but I really do hope you succeed in that ;)

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

Looks great, but those boards that connect ships need to be replaced by 

For Ships are the same height use wooden beamsd1b344af699ce3db4b9b672b093804a7.jpgBoarding.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If 1 ship is higher than another one use ladder and ropes with hooks. Such boarding is more difficult and will result in more casualties. 

vintage-maritime-rope-ladder-teak-ship-b

rope-climb.png

0688552975c0c12999fd605e775d3b62.jpg

• Like 5

Look at this, I tried boarding Agamemnon with less than 100 crew, from 18 to 30 minutes and then again... Hope this will be fixed in future boarding.

• Like 1

Devs, do your best to mimic this and ppl will be elated, make sure not to lose the rolling waves and makes the sounds of wood smashing together...remember immersion is what we are wanting. GL

2 hours ago, elite92 said:

something like this:

or more deep and dynamic?