Game-Labs Forum

captured weapons

Salty Sails

hey guys...

i finished my second campain.

After last patch, i can capture all weapons from my enemies!

Can anybody tell me, when will i capture weapons from enemy units?

After a melee attack, after a charge with cav., if the enemies are routet, if they surrender?

what should i do for capture weapons?

Sorry for my bad english! ;)

Sepp Stuart

You capture 100 % of the weapons from the brigades you capture. Otherwise a certain % of the enemies you kill and some of the weapons lost of the men that die from your side will also be recovered.

Adding your question to my FAQ on the steam forum :)

It's very seldom that brigades themselves were ever "captured" as a matter of fact I can't think of a single one that ever did. Regiments sometimes surrendered, however, unless a brigade was completely surrounded they were usually able to escape or fight their way out.. 

As for this game, it's usually through melee combat, but even then it can be wonky. I had a brigade of 1400 get attacked at 1st Bull Run and it surrendered, that's totally unrealistic. They weren't flanked or anything and they could have easily routed. 

5 hours ago, fallendown said:

It's very seldom that brigades themselves were ever "captured" as a matter of fact I can't think of a single one that ever did. ...

You forgot Jackson's capture of Harpers Ferry?

As a reminder, 11,000 troops, plus commanding officers and all except for a bit of cavalry that got out.  Jackson's total capture of the place included what was know as the VIII Corps consisting of 1st Brigade with the 39th NY, 65th IL, 111th NY, and 115th NY ... the 2nd Brigade consisting of the 9th VT, 32nd OH, the 60th OH, and 126th NY, the 3rd Brigade consisting of the 32nd OH, and 125th NY,  the 4th Brigade consisting of the 12th NY Militia and the 87th OH, ... The Potomac Home Brigade from MD consisting of the 1st MD and 3rd MD Infantries.  Not to mention the 2nd IL Arty Btty M, the 5th NY Hvy Arty Btty A and Btty F, and the IN Lt Arty consisting of the 15th and 26th Bttys.

:)

If Jackson had been quick enough, he could have bagged the garrison cavalry consisting of the 1st MD Home Cav, 7th RI and the 1st MD US Cav units.

Edited by A. P. Hill

32 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

You forgot Jackson's capture of Harpers Ferry?

As a reminder, 11,000 troops, plus commanding officers and all except for a bit of cavalry that got out.  Jackson's total capture of the place included what was know as the VIII Corps consisting of 1st Brigade with the 39th NY, 65th IL, 111th NY, and 115th NY ... the 2nd Brigade consisting of the 9th VT, 32nd OH, the 60th OH, and 126th NY, the 3rd Brigade consisting of the 32nd OH, and 125th NY,  the 4th Brigade consisting of the 12th NY Militia and the 87th OH, ... The Potomac Home Brigade from MD consisting of the 1st MD and 3rd MD Infantries.  Not to mention the 2nd IL Arty Btty M, the 5th NY Hvy Arty Btty A and Btty F, and the IN Lt Arty consisting of the 15th and 26th Bttys.

:)

If Jackson had been quick enough, he could have bagged the garrison cavalry consisting of the 1st MD Home Cav, 7th RI and the 1st MD US Cav units.

That was a garrison, so it wasn't really a maneuvering unit like a field army. Just like when Vicksburg surrendered, the garrison, which was not a field army, surrendered.