Game-Labs Forum

CSA at Shiloh

Koro

The Union can deploy two corps at Shiloh while the Confederates can only deploy 1, which leaves the Union much more free in terms of getting army organisation early -at least if they want to bring all of their men. I just watched the historical gamer who would have needed to have 5 points in army organisation to bring all of his brigades.

Maybe it's as simple as allowing the CSA to bring two corps, like the Union does?

I know, thanks. Not the point :). It's not fun as a new player you arrive there and suddenly need a large increase in army organisation opposed to the union when there is no particular reason - and as a player, you want to bring the army you've created, right?

5 hours ago, Koro said:

I know, thanks. Not the point :). It's not fun as a new player you arrive there and suddenly need a large increase in army organisation opposed to the union when there is no particular reason - and as a player, you want to bring the army you've created, right?

In my 1st CSA run I got utterly defeated (hard difficulty) at Shiloh. I mean, all my army routed, really. I had not enough troops, and I did not yet know how punishing the AI can be when it has your flanks.

Another thought on Shiloh as CSA here :

I've not bought the game (mac) but seen extensive gameplay. Maybe on Shiloh (and the game as a whole) it should let you choose WHERE to deploy your singular corp. For example, in the real battle the CSA wanted to push the Union away from the river, and as a result wouldn't it make sense to use your (presumably) elite corp, that you know and own, rather than random AI troops on the right? On the other hand, if you want to avoid the hornets nest as a whole, and keep your men in good shape, players could concentrate on the left in an easier battle. Just a thought, but it could improve the "dynamic-ness" as a whole, giving players more choice. 

Just my 2 cents. Again, I haven't got the game but I am pumped for when I can!