Game-Labs Forum

Patch day?

Ned Loe

4 minutes ago, admin said:

finishing touches are done on the patch. pessimistic date next tuesday wednesday. if land in port battles start delaying us more (complex feature)  we will deploy earlier without them as the rest is almost ready

next tuesday means tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, Wind said:

Well they said end of November, unless they want to make players mad again. It's their call. 

well... u are the mod here... so u should be in thouch with devs more than me; they say end of november? so it WILL be december ;) 

just like when u call ur girlfriend: baby be ready at 20:00 , she will be ready for 21:55

Edited by elite92
  • Like 6

Well i think this is one of the most anticipated patches of this year if they delay it too much, i think it will not be good for the game or company. but they say pessimistic lets hope we get it this week. hopefully thursday and maybe also the first fully Dutch ship ingame, as far i know we have two more or less Dutch ships but redesigned by the Swedish

Edited by pietjenoob

15 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Yesterday server population on PvP 1 went under 100. Just saying...

People reached top rank, there is nothing else what to do for them. I really hope we get more rewarding content (special currency and shop) and more ranks to lvl and I hope they will add rare wood drops to all Npc fleets. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elouda said:

Guys, I think saying 'promises are broken' if it missed 'end of november' is a little misguided. That 'end of november' was provided as an ETA. Cookie for anyone who knows what the 'E' in ETA stands for?

No cookie for me. ;) I like granola bars... So, I think best thing to do now is to prepare a ship for new Events and make sure it has enough room to hold all the rewards. 

• Like 2

To me, one of the biggests mistakes the devs are doing is making us wait more than a month to get new content- and even that, not delivering it in time. Thats making ppl unhappy and bored. Instead, it would be more smart to make ppl happier bringing few new stuff in smaller patches. It is a joy to weakup in the morning and see the list of new patches downloading.

And is not our job to make devs happy, but the inverse...it is like a bad joke, when we are forced to smille to not make ppl sad...then, dont complain with bad ratings...lot of ppl are trying to make the game alive and turn the rating to more positive, but with such things, it is becoming harder and harder to make it.

btw, as i see, sadly, it is not tomorrow.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Elouda said:

Guys, I think saying 'promises are broken' if it missed 'end of november' is a little misguided. That 'end of november' was provided as an ETA. Cookie for anyone who knows what the 'E' in ETA stands for?

Oooh! "ESTIMATED" - I WANT MY COOKIE!!

I WANT MY COOKIE!!

1 hour ago, Roche Brasiliano said:

To me, one of the biggests mistakes the devs are doing is making us wait more than a month to get new content- and even that, not delivering it in time. Thats making ppl unhappy and bored. Instead, it would be more smart to make ppl happier bringing few new stuff in smaller patches. It is a joy to weakup in the morning and see the list of new patches downloading.

And is not our job to make devs happy, but the inverse...it is like a bad joke, when we are forced to smille to not make ppl sad...then, dont complain with bad ratings...lot of ppl are trying to make the game alive and turn the rating to more positive, but with such things, it is becoming harder and harder to make it.

This^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roche Brasiliano said:

More frequent patches means they have to do a lot more testing so that there are not so many bugs in the new stuff. And testing takes a lot of time, so if they have to do it each week instead of each month they can develop less stuff.

• Like 1

I'm one of the many anticipating the patch very much.

But i'd like to remind everyone that when a developer says: "End of xxxx month" that is just an estimate, it might be a bit earlier but it might be a bit later. Nothing to get upset about imo. 

There is very often unexpected stuff that delays patches in game development and yes, you could argue the Developers should make the ETA to be a bit later (Eg: Instead of saying the Expected time for the patch they should say the pessimistic time for the patch so that there is less chance of people being disappointed.) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrackTerror said:

My few cents, they can leave land battles until we have PB's on a more frequent basis.

Right now the amount of portbattles with 2 fighting sides are a rarity, so I wouldnt really be bothered if they pushed land battles for the future.

Presume you arent on PVP 1?

Getting land into port battles and fixing port battle joining wonkiness is my #1 issue, since it created gold 1st rate spam and SAAAAAAAAALT. If port battles become something I can enjoy again, my Steam review flips.

I also look forward to the admiralty currency, since it provides an opportunity to follow my "rare commodities for exceptionals" model proposed. Its also a possible microtransaction currency, which Game Labs will need to make this long term viable.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Roche Brasiliano said:

I would love to see the devs to involve the english speaking playerbase more, not only giving information every now and then.

Maybe a short devblog or small updates on problems they were able to solve or features they were thinking about.

Maybe even integrate polls for important matters into the game, since not all players are active in the forums. Topics get lost easily in my opinion for the structure not beeing really clear anymore and having ideas, suggestions and admin-statements all over the place.

For starters add the information on the patch ETA in the 9.97 Update thread as well or even open a new (closed) thread just to keep us posted. Close to nobody will have the time to monitor every single thread in the forums.

Edit: Thinking about it, "Developer news and announcements" should be for that exactly. Every information should be on the top level of a closed thread - no need for discussions there and no digging required for further information in the thread.

Discussions can be initated by the devs in another subforum if needed - but the crowd-information and ideas they took out of those should be added to the "Developer news and announcements" on regular basis. But thats just my 5 cents to organize and make NA a bit more user-friendly.

Edited by Black Spawn
  • Like 4