Game-Labs Forum

Campaign Victory Requirements

I just finished my first campaing as the Confederates, and i lost. This was quite shocking for me because of multiple reason. I won every single battle except Antietam which was a very narrow defeat where i managed to inflict huge casualties on the enemy. My guestions is what is required for a victory? I was expecting a glorious victory but it was apparently a crusing defeat even tho i inflicted insane losses on the enemy and won almost all batles. It would be nice if the devs added some bar in the game that tracks our progress to victory.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Acika011
grammar

Hi Acika!  This is only because the game currently doesn't go past Antietam.  Later, many more battles will be added that occurred after Antietam but as it currently stands this battle is a "do or die" because of how much reputation you stand to win or lose.  Once additional battles are added past Antietam, the reputation increase/decrease will be scaled down appropriately.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lincolns Mullet said:

Hi Acika!  This is only because the game currently doesn't go past Antietam.  Later, many more battles will be added that occurred after Antietam but as it currently stands this battle is a "do or die" because of how much reputation you stand to win or lose.  Once additional battles are added past Antietam, the reputation increase/decrease will be scaled down appropriately.

So basically if i lose all battles but win Antietam i will win the campaign in this stage of the game development? I would expect something better even if the game is in EA.

No sir, your reputation is still a factor.  If you lose too many battles prior to Antietam, you won't even make it that far.  If you do happen to make it to antietam and lose, the reputation loss is so great that you will lose the campaign. I think it's -100 right now.  I suppose they could change it so you still have a chance to win at the end, even if you lose Antietam. The reputation loss would need to be scaled down to -20 or -30, something like that, and then force the "end game" screen afterwards to show how you did in the campaign.