Game-Labs Forum

New features - tow request

5 minutes ago, Alado said:

but, we have send a ship, to other outpost with smuglers, misions or enemy ships.  Idont know how this work

Maybe it is Delivery, like delivery of resources but with ships ? Guess we have to test it out to find out.

2 hours ago, admin said:

In the new content patch captains will be able to request ship tow from outpost to outpost. Its a long overdue feature that will untie our hands in several other mechanics (for example for ship capture). 

there will be a countdown we have to wait when we send ship between outposts? like actual delivery?

3 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Pretty vague on how this works. Are you saying its kinda like a " follow" command where one ship on the open world tows another one or is like invisible slower auto teleports to remove the last 2 players left on the ow?

Quoting myself cuz i havent seen an answer and im very curious . 

In all honesty if its a new way to teleport ships and empty the ow, then im basically done with the game.

I dont do port battles so there is nothing left for me our my clan here.

6 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Quoting myself cuz i havent seen an answer and im very curious . 

In all honesty if its a new way to teleport ships and empty the ow, then im basically done with the game.

I dont do port battles so there is nothing left for me our my clan here.

"request ship tow from outpost to outpost" pretty clear what that means in my eyes - like the delivery-system from freeports but ships and only Outpost to Outpost.

I dont do port battles so there is nothing left for me our my clan here

And requesting tows instead of teleporting ships from A to B is your main concern for not having anything to do?

• Like 2

Oh, thank god for that. Instead of "bending" the rules to get ships TP'd we can now use a real game mechanic.

I'm guessing this means that a capped ship in a battle now can't be TP'ed but needs to be crewed and sailed out. I'm guessing that is what they mean by "untie our hands in several other mechanics"

• Like 2

Good.

Hopefully this will make capturing enemy ships work out better - instead of simply teleporting their/your ship out, you now have to add it to the fleet (with minimum crew) to get it out, and provides an incentive for people to reconsider their AI fleet usage if they have to scuttle a ship to bring back a prize.

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

Good.

Hopefully this will make capturing enemy ships work out better - instead of simply teleporting their/your ship out, you now have to add it to the fleet (with minimum crew) to get it out, and provides an incentive for people to reconsider their AI fleet usage if they have to scuttle a ship to bring back a prize.

I hope this is what he is talking about instead of what the attention deficit disorder crowd is hoping for.

Your way brings realism thier way finishes off the game for real players. So that probably means you are wrong. :P

• Like 3

I'm all for a delivery system like we have for goods.  Cost so much to send them from port to port with no cargo, just weapons and mods and mybe medkits?   It takes about the same time it takes for goods to be delivered.

Though we need to remove the magic teleport after a mission too.  Prize ships should be sailed back to a safe port.  If your going to still allow the magic telport do it where a prize crew has to deliver it and takes so much time.  hell do the same with the delivery.  Each delivery takes up a small amount of your crew for that set amount of time.  That way you are limited to how many ships you can have being moved around by how much extra crew you have.  I think if we tie up more crew it will also make folks use less AI fleets.  Cause you need to have the spare crew to get that prize back after a battle, but if they are tied up on the two ships you have with you or in deliveries than you won't have any extra crews to get the ship back to port.  Than add in any you lost in the battle?   

• Like 1