Game-Labs Forum

Suggestions and Ideas

Legioneod

What would you like to see in-game and what could be improved upon?

These are some of my ideas and things I'd like to see eventually.

Dynamic Sandbox Campaign: Currently the campaign feels way too scripted and I'd prefer if to be more of a sandbox.

I'd like to be able to plan and execute my own military campaigns and plan out where I'm gonna go and what I'm gonna do.

I'd like to see battles have a real effect on the war and the enemy. I want them to have an effect (cut enemy supply lines, capture a garrison and weaken the enemy, etc.)

Dynamic Sandbox Battles: Currently the battles feel short and scripted. I want to be able to plan my attacks and set battle phases myself. I'd like to set my reinforcements etc.

I'd also like to see battles last longer if the day ends before you complete all the objectives, if it ends then you should have a choice to continue the battle to the next day or withdraw and fight another day.

Battles should have an effect on the campaign as well, if I lose a battle it should push me back to a different area or force me to do something else. Currently winning or losing a battle has no effect on the outcome, you always end up at the same place.

Customization: The ability to change your avatar. And the ability to choose your regiment/brigade uniforms (for those special units you want to stick out)

Custom Difficulty: Difficulty sliders to set up your own difficulty. Sliders for Income/Recruits, Enemy Strength, etc.

Battles/Campaigns: I'd like to see more battles and campaigns added eventually.

Battles:

The Wilderness

Spotsylvania Courthouse

Vicksburg

Petersburg

Seven Days Battles

Chattanooga

Port Hudson

Campaigns:

Red River Campaign 

Bayou Teche Campaign

Vicksburg Campaign 

Small Things: Change Killed/Deaths to Casualties inflicted/sustained. 

More killed/wounded on the field when fighting in battle, currently 100 men could be killed and only 2 bodies lay on the field.

Closer Zoom

Toggleable Contour Lines.

• Like 3

I agree with everything he says, the linear campaign and scripted battles really kills the replay value of the game. It all needs to be dynamic, battles should have an affect on the enemy and the campaign as a whole.

I want battles and campaigns to be dynamic, if people want to play a historical battle then they should go to the historical battles section in the menu, thats what it's there for.

What do yall want to be added to the game? What do you think would make it better?

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1