Game-Labs Forum

What (network) ports are needed for NA (no pun intended)?

TylerD75

Question

I have a serious problem with the in-game chat.  It's just not working.  It did work for one day (a few weeks ago), but stopped working almost as soon as I noticed it.

My current network is routed through 2 routers, where the one closest to the internet is one that I do not have access to.  I'm guessing this is my problem.
But now I've setup a VPN through both routers to circumvent the problem, but still no chat...  I use iptables and masquerading/nat through my current VPN router, so I can setup IP forwarding.  But I cannot find ANY info on this.  I have no problems with any other games or programs, so this is a Naval Action issue (although everything else in NA is working just fine, on both network setups).

I need a list of incoming tcp/udp ports, as I suspect those to be the culprit.  I did use "netstat -aon" in Windows 10, but found only 3 ports listed for "Client.exe", and 2 of them were connections from lo-interface to lo-interface, and another to the game server (I'm guessing, as I probably need one ;) ).  (Could this mean that the ports needed for the chat might already be taken?  It's a development computer, so I have many ports active [i.e. tomcat/apache/mssql/mysql etc.]...

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the list, but I was looking for a little more info.  Are all those listening ports, and each one both udp/tcp?  That seems a bit excessive?

As I'm required to add specific ports and protocols to both my router, and the VPN host, I'd really like to know which ones are tcp, and which are udp, and which ones are listeners?  I don't care so much for outgoing tcp connections, as I do not block outgoing connections.

And as the game works just fine as it is now, I only really need the ports for the chat?