Game-Labs Forum

Alliances and politics freeze - potential alliances reset warning

Hello Captains

In the last patch we increased the lengths of alliances from testing 9 days to 3 weeks. When we did it we kept running alliances active and did not reset them to give players more flexibility and to not force them to revote again. 

Unfortunately it caused some alliances timers bugs that might force the alliances to be reset. We are currently searching for the way to fix the problem without reset and to do it we will try to freeze the current alliances for a week or two in the hot fix. If are not able to find the satisfactory solution alliances will be reset. But we hope we will be able to do it. 

We will keep you posted on the developments. 

• Like 12

Currently alliances are stupid!

I think it's broken... of how is it possible that 4 Nations are allied at the same time!

Atm there only 2 big alliances ingame and they will never change!

Hope this will be reworked.

1 allies for make war and defend portbattles

1 allies for trading... that would be interesting!

Currently alliances are stupid!

Thats not how constructive criticism works, mate. Alliances are work in progress.

1 allies for make war and defend portbattles

1 allies for trading... that would be interesting!

But i agree for the future maybe we could get some addidional status like "alliance" and "peace". which allow different rights. for example you can only build outpost at allied ports, but trade at ports "at peace" without smuggler flag.

• Like 1

Thats not how constructive criticism works, mate. Alliances are work in progress.

But i agree for the future maybe we could get some addidional status like "alliance" and "peace". which allow different rights. for example you can only build outpost at allied ports, but trade at ports "at peace" without smuggler flag.

But that is how most, all, forums are.  You have to just learn to skip parts that are not related to the subject.

With the rest, I agree that some things should change.

Maybe if both sides have highest vote for alliance to each other -> Alliance

If one side is voting alliance, and it is not the highest for another nation but positive -> Peace

If the votes are not highest, negative or positive -> Neutral

One participant has highest negative votes -> War

• Like 2

I feel that 3 allies per nation is forcing two power blocks whereas I feel that 2 allies per nation could, with the need for resources, provoke a more dynamic use of politics system.

This.

I fully agree.

And, sorry admin, but this is a problem you could've avoided by simply folowing through the with the diplomacy reset that was said to happen with the map reset. Would've been the perfect time to do it as well.  :unsure:

I don't believe overhauling alliances is the purview of this hotfix. This looks to be more of a heads up so that players aren't taken unawares when alliances either freeze or reset.

Please keep on that topic. Changes to alliances can be suggested in the suggestions.

What about that:

We attacked La Vega few days ago! It's a region from spain!

But in the portbattles were only 2-3 spanish Players!

Rest of it was danish and swedish!

My suggestion: 50% from defends should be only the nation who owns the region!

And the other 50 % could Be reinforment from allies!

If you dont change anything... you allways fight against 4 nations in a portbattle!

well what is see is that i can not vote for the nation i want..... so..

for me the political voting system is weird...(and not logical at all)

also the voting system for what it is  now , end up in a reality where 4 nation groups are up against one nation 

what is in my opinion op.... to that one nation

i t should actually not be possible to attack with four different kind of nations (build in restrictions to 2 nations only)

only the/a  attacker and the ally can attack a nation so that are 2 nations and not 4

so...for a solution

if the ally take to much friendly other nation  traders it will turn (for example by capture other  friendly nation traders) against them and the ally STATUS WILL DROP TO NO ALLY

and then they (attacker without ally)are on their own....

what will end up in neutrals >>  (attacker and(( ally = neutral))  in the ally status for a certain amount of time (and neutrals can not attack/ enemy ...... or help former allys in any way)

therefore 4 nations can end up in attacking a nation with only 2 aggressors were the 2 allies became neutrals (if they are not smart enough)

what will give a better balance to war i think

What about that:

We attacked La Vega few days ago! It's a region from spain!

But in the portbattles were only 2-3 spanish Players!

Rest of it was danish and swedish!

My suggestion: 50% from defends should be only the nation who owns the region!

And the other 50 % could Be reinforment from allies!

If you dont change anything... you allways fight against 4 nations in a portbattle!

Translation:

You want easy victories against tiny fleets from small nations at odd hours.

You're seriously going to complain about a feature that is finally working as intended?

• Like 9

I feel that 3 allies per nation is forcing two power blocks whereas I feel that 2 allies per nation could, with the need for resources, provoke a more dynamic use of politics system.

I would also like to get rid of two blocks.

However, with 2 allies per nation there would probably still be two block of 3 nations plus 1 lone nation and pirates.

And the lone nation could very easily come "virtual" ally of one of the blocks.

Limit nation to only 1 ally, and there is a better possibility of three 2 nation "blocks".

Naturally, even this wont override player diplomatics and it could form into be 2+2 vs 2, but mechanics wouldn't enforce this.

If we also add a neutral/trading partner status (can enter ports w traders) and maybe even only one war limit (can take ports from nation/alliance), we would have much more varied system.

• Like 5

I think a nation can have as many allies as they want. And most global conflicts were 2-sided, so I don't see any reason to add more power blocks. But some neutral stances could be introduced, to add variety to politics. For example: neutral - trade agreement and neutral - trade embargo.

• Like 1

15 years ago this sytem off allies would have worked because players back then would havev wanted to crush thier competition not become bffs with.

You see the only thing that drives the modern gamer more than messuruing his epeen is the fear that some day he will have to use it.

They are purely motivated by the shortcut and unlike old gamers who wanted to be the best , gamers today just strive to be "just good enough " so you will have to create a,system to fit the slacker brain.

By allowing anyone to become allies you are just guaranteeing that the biggest cowards will team up forever and feed on the weak.

You need to change it so that if the two biigest amount of ports teamul they get a penalty. Either make it harder for them to raise hostility or limite the ports capturable per day or put caps on what the can build etc. You need to make being cowards more painful than being enemies.

You cant give any bonuses to allingning with small factions because you will just create the new meta.

Yes they may unofficially team up but that still lets rogues fight and its better than nothing.

• Like 4