Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HardyKnox

Beware of Scams: The "WTS LH" or "Snackbar Scam"

New Players:  Be aware that certain Players will create "alts" in your nation and pose in Nations Chat as innocent new players trying to get started by "Selling Labor Hours."  They will post some variation of "Want to Sell Labor Hours" or "WTS LH".   

Labor Hours are sold by the Players meeting in a port and doing two separate but chained transactions.  The Player wanting to "buy labor hours" ("Buyer") puts Resources or Materials into the Trade window, then allows the person wishing to sell labor hours ("Seller") to take the Materials and craft the Buyer's specified product.  This is "entrustment".  

The Seller then puts the crafted products into his side of the Trade Window and the Buyer puts the agreed consideration (usually gold or notes) into his side of the Trade window.  Then, the parties Accept the Trade and the Seller gets the gold or notes, the Buyer gets the finished product.  This is "proper execution."

This depends upon the honesty of the Seller.  Not all Players are honest, and the Admins have admitted that there is no game rule against what is known in the legal profession as the crime of "Larceny by Trick".  The classic rule for Buyers, so old it is in Latin, is:  "Caveat Emptor" or "Buyer Beware" and "Know your Counterparty."   See the following Screen Shot of Larceny by Trick in action.

~ HK ~

Edited by HardyKnox
  • Like 3

Never sell to an unknown person. Have him on TS, research his name or ask in chat about him before doing any transactions. 

Risk is yours and no refunds can be made by Devs. 

• Like 2

Was they at least a pirate?  I mean I joke about making back alley trades all the time.  Apparently most folks are to smart to meet me and my two buddies in the dark back alleys with a chest of gold.

8 hours ago, Sir Texas SIr said:

Was they at least a pirate?  I mean I joke about making back alley trades all the time.  Apparently most folks are to smart to meet me and my two buddies in the dark back alleys with a chest of gold.

The person referred to in the original linked post (Alan Snackbar) was a US player on the PvP1 server.