Game-Labs Forum

Crafting changes in the next hot fix - delay ship crafting till then

I'm glad they're ending this. RNG should not at all be involved in crafting. The amount spent on resources and labor hours should give a definite result, not a random result, especially when it is all tied into ranking our crafting level. 

• Like 1

It is well known that assets will be wiped pre-release, with potential other wipes in the mix.  What HAS been stated is that combat XP and crafting XP will remain account-bound, and will survive any wipes.

Hope not. I think we should all be wiped completely, or at least down to 2nd rank for both crafting and combat

Hope not. I think we should all be wiped completely, or at least down to 2nd rank for both crafting and combat

There was talk about a choice you can make. You can keep all xp or you can push a button wipe everything and get veteran status with cool redeemables

• Like 1

Wow you are attached to pixels, in BETA?!??!

1de34aef8491355877285bad1c723b25a94f4403

First, if this had been a free beta I would agree with you. But I paid this the price of a full game (not 10 or 20 bucks ... but 40) while I helped - with test and feedback - to develop it. So the old story of the "beta" is a refrain that does not impress me much anylonger. I'm not discussing that Devs are "entitled" to wipe XP and craft XP, I am just thinking that - from my point of view - this would be unfair towards some tester (you forget in fact that devs clearly stated in the past that XP and craft XP would't have been wiped, so - if they change their mind now - I'll consider them people that induced me to go on in testing the game with false promises. And I do not like liars).

Second, I simply would not be disposed to play other 1500 hours to reach the XP and craft level in which the game is enjoyable for me (If they wipe my assets, I just do not mind). You know, I am a man with a life, a family and things to do other than grinding naval action.

Third: if many people think like me in case of XP and craft XP wipe (and this is the case, mate, sincerely), stop and think a bit about the absolute chill of playing in a half empty server. And I'll give you a clue: only two weeks after the "big" patch, in PVP 1 server we have only 500-600 people online in EU prime time. PVP in OS has dropped to almost nothing (at least in the waters I usually sail) while before the patch I could go out of key west and meet all the action I could dream of. PVE high level missions are vastly reduced (I can tell since I crafted and sold dozens of PVE ships in my faction and - since the patch - almost NO reedemable XP has come, while before I had more or less 200-400XP almost each day thorugh reedemables).

So go on with your "beta" refrain, I do not mind. I just hope Devs pay attention to what is actually happening to the game.

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

First, if this had been a free beta I would agree with you. But I paid this the price of a full game (not 10 or 20 bucks ... but 40) while I helped - with test and feedback - to develop it. So the old story of the "beta" ... Second, I simply would not be disposed to play other 1500 hours to reach the XP and craft level in which the game is enjoyable for me

I have participated in a lot of alphas/betas over the years, most of them requiring pre-orders of the game. Almost all of them did a full content wipe on release. It can be disappointing to watch your hours that you invested in a game disappear with a release, but I fully expected that was what would happen here. I was stunned the other day to hear that was not the plan. I expected something like a nice little reward ship - like a Frig or a Brig... but other than that, a clean slate.

Either way, if not playing "another 1500 hours to reach XP is not enjoyable for you" - well that says a lot about if you're enjoying the full game experience or not. If you're not, then chances are good you're going to be bored and quit out soon anyway.

As to the "empty server warnings" - anytime a game releases, if they do their marketing right... the server populations increase 10 fold. Relying on those of us from alpha/beta to be their main population would mean that the game has been a major failure - and I'm sure it wouldn't continue to be supported by the developers for long if that was the case.

• Like 2

First, if this had been a free beta I would agree with you. But I paid this the price of a full game (not 10 or 20 bucks ... but 40) while I helped - with test and feedback - to develop it. So the old story of the "beta" is a refrain that does not impress me much anylonger. I'm not discussing that Devs are "entitled" to wipe XP and craft XP, I am just thinking that - from my point of view - this would be unfair towards some tester (you forget in fact that devs clearly stated in the past that XP and craft XP would't have been wiped, so - if they change their mind now - I'll consider them people that induced me to go on in testing the game with false promises. And I do not like liars).

Second, I simply would not be disposed to play other 1500 hours to reach the XP and craft level in which the game is enjoyable for me (If they wipe my assets, I just to not mind). You know, I am a man with a life, a family and things to do other than grinding naval action.

Third: if many people think like me in case of XP and craft XP wipe (and this is the case, mate, sincerely), stop and think a bit about the absolute chill of playing in a half empty server. And I'll give you a clue: only two weeks after the "big" patch, in PVP 1 server we have only 500-600 people online in EU prime time. PVP in OS has dropped to almost nothing (at least in the waters I usually sail) while before the patch I could go out of key west and meet all the action I could dream of. PVE high level missions are vastly reduced (I can tell since I crafted and sold dozens of PVE ships in my faction and - since the patch - almost NO reedemable XP has come, while before I had more or less 200-400XP almost each day thorugh reedemables).

So go on with your "beta" refrain, I do not mind. I just hope Devs pay attention to what is actually happening to the game.

Brah, it's BETA.  Nothing is guaranteed other than the game is not finished and will change....Hence.....BETA. 

• Like 1

One thing, being able to play as it is at the moment, has been a good learning curve for me and I am looking forward to the final wipe. It means having to start from scratch again, except for my rank and XP, if this is the case, but I can live with that.

I just hope I can reach my final rank in time, because it's a long haul starting as a Midshipman. Loosing all my assets is not such a problem as starting out in a Cutter again will be a challenge in itself.

• Like 5

One thing, being able to play as it is at the moment, has been a good learning curve for me and I am looking forward to the final wipe. It means having to start from scratch again, except for my rank and XP, if this is the case, but I can live with that.

I just hope I can reach my final rank in time, because it's a long haul starting as a Midshipman. Loosing all my assets is not such a problem as starting out in a Cutter again will be a challenge in itself.

Just maybe you will even come over to the big boy pool and play some PvP?

I been playing around on PvP1 testing the ping and such. I had a Basic cutter as a Curse and within 4 hours I had a Trader brig, LVG, Trinc and about 1.5 million in the bank.  It won't be that hard if you know what your doing.  Now getting the crafting stuff back is going to be the pain in the butt, but hay I'll just see it as part of the testing stage we need to do.

Add in a clan and you will grind up that money and supplies even faster as a group.

• Like 2

As to the "empty server warnings" - anytime a game releases, if they do their marketing right... the server populations increase 10 fold. Relying on those of us from alpha/beta to be their main population would mean that the game has been a major failure - and I'm sure it wouldn't continue to be supported by the developers for long if that was the case.

Dream on. We'll see,

Really glad to hear there will be a clean swipe of the older beta.

Those that have tested will have the experience anyway to claw back to there present position.

Having tested games me self, I found it refreshing to start again, be it losing all.

So chin up lads, get stuck in again once were through this very nice looking Beta buildup. 

• Like 1

Just maybe you will even come over to the big boy pool and play some PvP?

Add in a clan and you will grind up that money and supplies even faster as a group.

Maybe, but as I prefer to play solo on PvE, I am undecided atm whether to give PvP a try or not, but I don't think I will be joining any clans. I haven't got TS for one thing and don't really want to get involved with other groups of players. I prefer to play alone and choose myself whether I want to do some trading, crafting or battle engagements. That's really why I prefer playing on PvE, you can play the game at your own pace. There is plenty to do in this game for single players, without getting too involved with multiplayer.

• Like 2

Maybe, but as I prefer to play solo on PvE, I am undecided atm whether to give PvP a try or not, but I don't think I will be joining any clans. I haven't got TS for one thing and don't really want to get involved with other groups of players. I prefer to play alone and choose myself whether I want to do some trading, crafting or battle engagements. That's really why I prefer playing on PvE, you can play the game at your own pace. There is plenty to do in this game for single players, without getting too involved with multiplayer.

While I started on the PvP1 server and moved to the PvP2 but that is pretty much how I played up until I made master and Com.  Had a blast just doing my own solo thing.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2