Game-Labs Forum

Regional "Trims"

I give it three weeks before people start putting copper plating and perks on these things in large numbers.

Then it either all gets nerfed or I leave for the PvE server.

If you do the math a lot of these stuff with the mods equals to the old mods levels before the patch.  It explains why they got nerf a bit.

• Like 1

I give it three weeks before people start putting copper plating and perks on these things in large numbers.

Legend has it Jodgi is already drawing up plans for a cedar speed built ship with regional speed bonus where he will trim it for extra speed then attach copper plating and studding sails. They say that he intends to take a Renomee to escape velocity.

I would also be worried about someone getting their hands on an impenetrable 1st rate, I see you have those nice 42lbs, be a shame if they were to you know, bounce off at 50m.

PVE will always welcome an experienced captain ;)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 3

anyone craft anything in the Mortimer area? Just not seeing a listing for anything in that area yet.

* Just an observation ... Line 4 & 34 of Spreadsheet are duplicates. Was wondering if either entry was intended for the Florida area.

Duplicates will happen in my spreadsheet. 

I gather data in my spreadsheet and therefore i leave duplicates stay. It helps confirm that the things i put in are correct! 

However, i appreciate the Observation! Keep them coming ;) - I will sort the spreadsheet by Region to make it easier to look through. 

So far the speed differences don't appear that great. Even a cedar speed regional speed ship is likely only going about .2-.3 knots faster than a fir built speed non-regional. So it's a little bump of speed but it's not an OP advantage. Edited by Bach

So even with Gold Copper Plating now.. which I think gives 2.5% bonus...  Which takes a Endy to all of 15.35kn.  Even if you put speed trim AND Copper plating, you will get 15.72kn.    With Fir and regional you might break 16.2kn and that is it.   Which isn't much faster than the pre-nerf Renomee, which was easily doing 16kn, same for the Rattlesnake, and god help you if it was a Lynx sailing close hauled. 

I'm not going to critique your math, but Tommy Shelby has a 16-kt Endymion without either copper plating or fir/cedar. And it mounts 24-pounders.

Meanwhile, the devs intended Endymion to go 15 knots without guns only.

As listed in the OP. 

["GROG_MORALE_BONUS"],"Absolute":25,"Percentage":0}

["PREPARATION_BONUS_PER_ROUND"],"Absolute":5,"Percentage":0}

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":2}

["MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0.1,"Percentage":0}]

Ofcourse i forget to say that i use Frigate Master.

• Like 1

Duplicates will happen in my spreadsheet. 

I gather data in my spreadsheet and therefore i leave duplicates stay. It helps confirm that the things i put in are correct! 

However, i appreciate the Observation! Keep them coming ;) - I will sort the spreadsheet by Region to make it easier to look through. 

ok, line 21 (Should be Region: "Gulf", County: "Los Matires" -- wish there was a known Bonus for that area

Thank you for all your hard work. Quite an endeavor. Very much appreciated.

Also, as was noted in a previous post.. if a region is captured by another nation, and a ship is crafted, and the regional bonus changes for that region to suit.. will you be adding in  varying nationalities per region? Could be confusing until its all ironed out.

ok, line 21 (Should be Region: "Gulf", County: "Los Matires" -- wish there was a known Bonus for that area

Thank you for all your hard work. Quite an endeavor. Very much appreciated.

Also, as was noted in a previous post.. if a region is captured by another nation, and a ship is crafted, and the regional bonus changes for that region to suit.. will you be adding in  varying nationalities per region? Could be confusing until its all ironed out.

If that happens to be the case i will change the layout of the guide :) 

So a 2% speed bonus PLUS a sail boost.   So yes, 16kns is definitely possible with that gun load.

Hell a fir built one with Frigate master, Pirate Build, Copper Plating, Studding Sails, Speed Trim may break 17kn.

Frigate master is .5kn + 2% +2.5% + 2.5% + 2.5% (10% to sail power).  So you are looking at a 9.5% increase in speed over the base speed and a sail boost of 12%.  

So if math doesn't fail me....

1.095*14.98 = 16.4kn before the sail bonus. 

So if you are sailing at 135 you could be going over 18kn.

How about traders lynx? How do you calculate the max speed for that and what regional trim you want?

You don't need main sail bonus because you want to sail close hauled, so  I suppose regional speed trim is better (5%) than pirate refit. Copper plating, speed trim add another 5%. Small ship master 0.5kn. Do the extra staysails add speed? Or  regional close hauled trim? What would be that max speed in OW and in battle? I want to build fastest possible trader which can sail to shallow water ports.

I would also be worried about someone getting their hands on an impenetrable 1st rate, I see you have those nice 42lbs, be a shame if they were to you know, bounce off at 50m.

Thats exactly why we'll need costum ship names in this game, "Oh no, its captain Fluffy Fishy with his ship called "The Anvil, they say the hull is so strong they can forge iron on it.... *turns around live oak vic and "speeds" off"

Edited by The Spud