Game-Labs Forum

Regional "Trims"

Completed. Last Update 17-01-2017
Thank you to everyone who helped so far and a special thanks to Bobzillah for sharing his spreadsheet with me. It provided lots of valuable data and gave me a chance to Cross Reference. 
Thanks to QW's help putting locations to the trims! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X7kAkvJngD5Gv980AfyqK3T6LN3HzSoirsnIxqWV404/edit?usp=sharing

R: Region, C: County.

Regional Pump:

R: xxx, C: Ciudad de Cuba

["WATER_PUMP_BAILING"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5}]

Regional Close Hauled:

R: xxx, C: Grand Bahama

R: xxx, C: Campeche

R: South America, C: Golfo de Maracaibo

["MAST_PHYSICS_JIB_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0.04,"Percentage":0}]

Regional Morale:

R: xxx, C: New Providence

["GROG_MORALE_BONUS"],"Absolute":5,"Percentage":0}]

Regional Build Strength:

R: xxx, C: Baracoa

R: xxx, C: Crooked

R: Central America, C: North Mosquito.
R: South America, C: Caracas.

["Slot":"ARMOR_ALL_SIDES""MappingIds":["MODULE_BASE_HP"]"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5]

Regional Thickness:

R: xxx, C: Andros

["ARMOR_THICKNESS"],"Absolute":5,"Percentage":0}]

Regional Explorer:

R: xxx, C: Turks and Caicos

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":2}]

Regional Accuracy:

R: xxx, C: Grande-Terre

R: xxx, C: Sainte-Lucie

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}]

Regional Reload:

R: xxx, C: Exuma

R: Upper Antilles, C: Leeward Island

R: Jamaica, C: Cornwall

R: Central America, C: Royal Mosquito

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}]

Regional Speed:

R: xxx, C: Basse-Terre

R: xxx, C: Florida Occidental.

R: Atlantic, C: Bermuda
R: Hispaniola, C: La Vega

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":2}]

Regional Running:

R: xxx, C: Lago De Maracaibo

["MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0.04,"Percentage":0}]

Pirate Refit:

R: xxx, C: Abaco

R: Atlantic, C: Kidd’s Island

["GROG_MORALE_BONUS"],"Absolute":25,"Percentage":0}

["PREPARATION_BONUS_PER_ROUND"],"Absolute":5,"Percentage":0}

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":2}

["MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0.1,"Percentage":0}]

British Refit:

R: xxx, C: Windward Islands.

R: Central America, C: Belize.

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["SHIP_TURNING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

French Refit:

R: xxx, C: Port-au-Prince

R: Gulf, C: Louisiane.

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-10}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-2.5}

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

Nassau Boarders:
R: xxx, C: xxx.
["GROG_MORALE_BONUS"],"Absolute":50,"Percentage":0}
["PREPARATION_BONUS_PER_ROUND"],"Absolute":10,"Percentage":0}]

Spanish Hunter:
R: xxx, C: Los Ilanos
R: Puerto Rico, C: San Juan.
R: South America, C: Trinidad.
["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-2.5}["SHIP_TURNING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5}["MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0.05,"Percentage":0}]

Strong Hull:
R: xxx, C: Cartagena
R: xxx, C: Nuevitas del Principe
R: Atlantic Coast, C: North Carolina.
R: South America, C: Orinoco.
R: Gulf, C: Texas.
R: Hispaniola, C: Santo Domingo.

["ARMOR_THICKNESS"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":7}["SHIP_STRUCTURE_LEAKS_PER_SECOND"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}
{"Slot":"ARMOR_ALL_SIDES",["MODULE_BASE_HP"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5}]

Strong Rig:
R: xxx, C: Les Cayes.
R: xxx, C: Nuevo Santander

R: South America, C: Margarita.["MAST_BOTTOM_SECTION_HP","MAST_MIDDLE_SECTION_HP","MAST_TOP_SECTION_HP"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10}["MAST_THICKNESS"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":7}
["MODULE_BASE_HP"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10}]

Northern Carpenters:

R: Upper Antilles, C: Bovenwinds.

R: Upper Antilles, C: Virgin Islands.

[{"Slot":"REPAIR_ARMOR","MappingIds":["REPAIR_PERCENT"],"Absolute":0.1,"Percentage":0}

{"Slot":"REPAIR_SAIL","MappingIds":["REPAIR_PERCENT"],"Absolute":0.1,"Percentage":0}

{"Slot":"REPAIR_GENERIC","MappingIds":["REPAIR_PERCENT"],"Absolute":0.1,"Percentage":0}

["WATER_PUMP_BAILING"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5}

Agile Hull:

R: Hispanola, C: Cap-Francais
R: South America, C: Cumana
R: Gulf, C: Vera Cruz

["SHIP_TURNING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10}

["SHIP_PHYSICS_ACC_COEF"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10}

["SHIP_PHYSICS_DEC_COEF"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10}

Main Sail Torque:
["MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_TORQUE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":20}]

Spanker Sail:
["MAST_PHYSICS_SPANKER_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":20}]

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 32

Got the actuall new wood trim changes or any changes to the trims?

Any chance you can rephrase your question? I'm not sure i understand :) 

Please PM me here on forum if you craft a ship and it gets a regional trim. (I need to know the Region and "County" in which you made the ship and the Trim.) 

I'm making a list to see how this all works. :) 

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HnI_RgK-edEN5OeVs6WIwUrqd6_XuldAIYQ5QYGys14/edit?usp=sharing)

I don't catch the meaning of the values.

example.

["MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS"],"Absolute":0.05,"Percentage":0}]

if my ship has running speed 12. it mean that after this bonus ill get 12.05 (because its not percentage)

it seems to be not big deal: ]

Edited by Rychu Karas

Any chance you can rephrase your question? I'm not sure i understand :)

Please PM me here on forum if you craft a ship and it gets a regional trim. (I need to know the Region and "County" in which you made the ship and the Trim.) 

I'm making a list to see how this all works. :)

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HnI_RgK-edEN5OeVs6WIwUrqd6_XuldAIYQ5QYGys14/edit?usp=sharing)

What are the actual stats bonus of each wood type for the two new woods Cedar and Mahogany?

The mods are indeed very confusing, sometimes 0.5 means an extra lets say 0.5 knots, sometimes and this example 0.05 might mean 5% or 0.05 to turning rate. Hit the pray button for better tooltips in the UI fix...sif !

• Like 2

Maybe im wrong, but with the one dura test to new ships and the regional perks, i think its becoming worthless to invest in upgrades right now. In time, devs will introduce one dura to all ships and it will be more wise to cap them than to invest in craft gold ones with gold upgrades....

I will be glad if someone explain me the pros and cons to 1 dura ship crafted vs 1 dura ship captured.

Edited by Roche Brasiliano

Shit, shit, shit... So, make ships in Bermuda and get double stacked speed built in?

We need to do more testing but we got build strength in Baracoa (his spread sheet says strong hull might need to confirm this one) and we had some one make a ship with build strength and one without and he got the same results.  So not sure if they can be double stacked. I'm going to guess they can't be.   Than again I didn't see the results so it might of been user error too.  

Interesting if freeports contain regional bonuses too: ]

Nope and not to mention some freeports fall under two regions so which perk would it get?  It's better to keep it like capital regions and now persk. I'm starting to think a few regions don't have them either as I have found three regions that I haven't gotten any perks from making basic ships.  When in other regions I get the perks on even basic ships.  I think if they planed it right these should be the regions that have the rare resources and such so you get either that rare wood type or you get a perk in a region not both.

Maybe im wrong, but with the one dura test to new ships and the regional perks, i think its becoming worthless to invest in upgrades right now. In time, devs will introduce one dura to all ships and it will be more wise to cap them than to invest in craft gold ones with gold upgrades....

I will be glad if someone explain me the pros and cons to 1 dura ship crafted vs 1 dura ship captured.

We can't craft the 1 dura ships that are being tested and all crafted ships are still the same dura as they where before being 5-1 dura depending on the close of ships. I think your looking to much into things.   Though if they where to go to one dura crafted ships than they would have to adjust crafting big time.  I think the current system is nice that you can make better than just your average ships that can be captured too but it takes longer and cost more to do so.

• Like 1

We need to do more testing but we got build strength in Baracoa (his spread sheet says strong hull might need to confirm this one) and we had some one make a ship with build strength and one without and he got the same results.  So not sure if they can be double stacked. I'm going to guess they can't be.   Than again I didn't see the results so it might of been user error too.  

Nope and not to mention some freeports fall under two regions so which perk would it get?  It's better to keep it like capital regions and now persk. I'm starting to think a few regions don't have them either as I have found three regions that I haven't gotten any perks from making basic ships.  When in other regions I get the perks on even basic ships.  I think if they planed it right these should be the regions that have the rare resources and such so you get either that rare wood type or you get a perk in a region not both.

We can't craft the 1 dura ships that are being tested and all crafted ships are still the same dura as they where before being 5-1 dura depending on the close of ships. I think your looking to much into things.   Though if they where to go to one dura crafted ships than they would have to adjust crafting big time.  I think the current system is nice that you can make better than just your average ships that can be captured too but it takes longer and cost more to do so.

Yeah, we cant craft them, but the way it is  going, i think devs will turn all ships into one dura in future...i just trying to figure out if worth to invest in upgrades in near future as looks like the things going that way and the ganking problem not solved yet. It will be pain to lose gold upgrades after been ganked. If so, maybe it will be wise to just play with basic, common ships with regional perks than invest in upgrades.

...i think devs will turn all ships into one dura in future...

That might happen as much as anything else, but there are no hints from the devs at this point as indication.

...If so, maybe it will be wise to just play with basic, common ships with regional perks than invest in upgrades.

It's a good thing the majority are content and happy about eating crumbs while a small elite enjoys the best in large quantities.

That might happen as much as anything else, but there are no hints from the devs at this point as indication.

It's a good thing the majority are content and happy about eating crumbs while a small elite enjoys the best in large quantities.

Yes, we have indication indeed, by puting the new ships at one dura, it is a pretty sure indication that devs are studying it...about the crumbs, it is much better to cap "elites" best ships using a basic "crumb" ship with regional perks- using just your own skill- and making them mad for this, elite boy.

Btw, you must be one of that "elites" ganking cowards that Always had his fellas to save your ass when you are in trouble cuz you cant manage fights by other ways.

Yes, we have indication indeed, by puting the new ships at one dura, it is a pretty sure indication that devs are studying it

They've done that before and concluded noone used the 1 dura ships, so nothing new under the sun. The conclusion might be different this time, though. At least I'm not underestimating how much of a hard-on people have for new and, well, exclusive ships.

...about the crumbs, it is much better to cap "elites" best ships using a basic "crumb" ship with regional perks- using just your own skill- and making them mad for this, elite boy.

Thank you for understanding the point I was trying to get across.

Btw, you must be one of that "elites" ganking cowards that Always had his fellas to save your ass when you are in trouble cuz you cant manage fights by other ways.

Yes, this is me exactly.

If you are a man of your word I will clear my schedule and duel you so you can demonstrate how a hero in a normal ship can cap the golden ship of a ganking-coward-carebear-elite player. PM me here, in-game or on steam, same name and same avatar. I am a man of my word.

• Like 3

They've done that before and concluded noone used the 1 dura ships, so nothing new under the sun. The conclusion might be different this time, though. At least I'm not underestimating how much of a hard-on people have for new and, well, exclusive ships.

Thank you for understanding the point I was trying to get across.

Yes, this is me exactly.

If you are a man of your word I will clear my schedule and duel you so you can demonstrate how a hero in a normal ship can cap the golden ship of a ganking-coward-carebear-elite player. PM me here, in-game or on steam, same name and same avatar. I am a man of my word.

Deal! Im on US server...maybe i use a pirate frigate, you get a ship with same BR...1vs1

pm sent