Game-Labs Forum
fransgelden

Crafting medkits a struggle

fransgelden    70

​After the new port resources changes, it became tedious to craft medkits and finding tobacco and sugar for the medkits. :angry: 

I used medkits plentiful to replace my crew on the sea and with the introduction of the new splinter mechanics, medkits became top priority in my production chain.

Now that my tobacco and rum is depleted, I had to find sugar and tobacco. Sugar and tobacco became such a rarity, it is a miracle if I can find those resources at a reasonable price, or I have to pay an arm and a leg for it!

Please do something about the requirements of tobacco and rum for crafting medkits, and I think it is unrealistic. Who need to smoke and drink to get healty, only pirates does! :ph34r: 

I would suggest to change the tobacco and rum to herbs and medicine. Maybe use tobacco and rum to keep the morale up or to give some extra preparation bonuses?

Herbs could be found almost anywhere and medicine can be made from alcohol, which can be made from any type of plants through fermentation.

Foghorne    122

This is not new in NA's history after resource/crafting changes.  Expect shortages for several weeks.

Also, I don't understand the concept of Med kits. They belong in games like Duke Nukem.  Not here magically creating sailors.

The new crafting feels a lot like a chore :(

It's always been a chore...just worse now.

SheepDip    43

You cant go to any noob ports for goods either , unless your a noob  :angry:

This is not new in NA's history after resource/crafting changes.  Expect shortages for several weeks.

Also, I don't understand the concept of Med kits. They belong in games like Duke Nukem.  Not here magically creating sailors.

It's always been a chore...just worse now.

I hope your right Fog  :mellow:

Foghorne    122
fransgelden    70

Oh, those shortages crisis!

The devs can easily increase the port production and production buildings in those ports by 5x or 10x, but I have a problem about the distance needed to sail for these items.

I have to sail 200K for sugar and 300K for tobacco and I think it was much easier to make medkits in the 1780's than it is currently now.

Repair kits are easy to build, but the crafting recipe of medkits must be changed.