Game-Labs Forum
admin

New trading and crafting feedback.

Please post your feedback on new resources, trading and shipbuilding

Dont know whether it has been mentionend anywhere before, but was it with purpose that Brits dont have any Ports in which they can build Silver or Gold Mines ???

So how we are supposed to craft Mid Grade Notes or High Grade Notes, when the already existing batch of Silver and Gold owned by players is used up ??

Or am i missing something fundamentally?

EDIT:

I have understood the new Traders Tool that way, that those "A", "P" and "C" stands for "available", "producing" and "consuming"...

Do i understand the "P" correctly when this states that only in those Ports marked with a "P" the given resource can be crafted by the playerbase building outposts and buildings ? Or does this mean, the port ITSSELF is producing this good?

EDIT 2:

I like the patch so far very much ! At first look patch will make trading and crafting much more interesting and you have to travel sometimes huge distances to get the real worthy stuff home...and this will give you a huge bargain :)

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 1

My guess is that players with alt accounts will get even more benefits in trading since some materials are not available at all in some regions (silver, gold, live oak...). That means they can safely buy and produce them and at the same time sell them for crazy prices in other nations.

We will see how it works out.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo

Now that it's easy to change resources around, can we please get rid of Pine and rename it as Mast Timber with a suitable increase in cost, weight and labor requirements?

Historically a ship's rig demanded about 20% of the total cost. In game it is more like 2% rig and 70% carriages...

• Like 3

No more RNG in ship crafting? You put all trims to be selectable but you can pick only 1 out of six. And exe ships get 2 trims..

Let's say if i want crew space+speed, now i can pick crewspace or speed but the other one will again be RNG!

Resources needed to build ships. 

Why on earth did you now put "fine" wood type into ship building? If the rumors are true and you get a % of it when collecting wood type there will always be serious shortage

of "fine" wood types as they are needed when crafting ANY ship and ANY ship quality! Not to mention that we will not be able to craft ships for days now...

No more RNG in ship crafting? You put all trims to be selectable but you can pick only 1 out of six. And exe ships get 2 trims..

Let's say if i want crew space+speed, now i can pick crewspace or speed but the other one will again be RNG!

It's not working like this

You cant have crew space + speed anymore. You can have crew space + a regional bonus. If there is no regional bonus you only will have crew space.

Resources needed to build ships.

Why on earth did you now put "fine" wood type into ship building? If the rumors are true and you get a % of it when collecting wood type there will always be serious shortage

of "fine" wood types as they are needed when crafting ANY ship and ANY ship quality! Not to mention that we will not be able to craft ships for days now...

Again shows that you have not tried it yourself.

Did you test the system or you are just making up things (which is not feedback). Please refrain from posting rumours. Dont waste everyone's time. Vent in tavern.

You don't need fine woods to make any ship. You need it to craft exceptional ships. Gray common ships can be crafted with old resources.

In fact getting resources for fir and oak ships have never been easier as every region has them and you get them with minimal travel. But exceptional ships should become rare. It was the plan.

Dear captains

This topic is feedback related. It is moderated. If your post does not contain relevant feedback it will be removed. We don't need rumours here as we want to iterate quickly. So please no venting. constructive things only. Things you like dont like and proposals on how to change them.

It's not working like this

You cant have crew space + speed anymore. You can have crew space + a regional bonus. If there is no regional bonus you only will have crew space.

Again shows that you have not tried it yourself.

Did you test the system or you are just making up things (which is not feedback). Please refrain from posting rumours. Dont waste everyone's time. Vent in tavern.

You don't need fine woods to make any ship. You need it to craft exceptional ships. Gray common ships can be crafted with old resources.

In fact getting resources for fir and oak ships have never been easier as every region has them. But exceptional ships should become rare. It was the plan.

Dear captains

This topic is feedback related. It is moderated. If your post does not contain relevant feedback it will be removed. We don't need rumours here as we want to iterate quickly. So please no venting. constructive things only. Things you like dont like and proposals on how to change them.

I did take a look at ship crafting..

Every stage of ship quality EXCEPT basic one needs an ever increasing amount of "fine" wood type depending on quality. Not only exe ships!

How do we know what region gives us what bonuses?

Edited by Rabid_Infidel
  • Like 1

I did take a look at ship crafting..

Every stage of ship quality EXCEPT basic one needs an ever increasing amount of "fine" wood type depending on quality. Not only exe ships!

yes

we want to overcome the stigma that grey ships are bad. They are ok. Exceptional ships should create wow effect and should be rare. We will get there eventually.

• Like 7

Well, a few days of play will be needed to figure the full effect. Maybe fine wood gets into high demand, but plain wood is now less in demand because it isn't used in high-end shipbuilding anymore. So we find dozens of other products getting less expensive. It will take time to figure out how the market reacts.

Love being confused, and having to relearn your new economy! SO excited!

Few questions right off the bat...

1. How do I tell where certain areas have bonuses? how do we find out what the bonuses are?

2. some of our ships went from gold to purple..reason on why some did and some didn't...just like the idea

3 exceptional 5th rates should be 2 or 3 notes, 4th rates 4 notes. (might make frigates more cost worthy)

4. Iron ingots should be used in even more stuff!

5. When I go to search city..does not show up.. for instance I type in ays and get nothing helpful

6. Since upgrades are not as awesome as they were before, how about adjusting the notes accordingly. 

7. Can we get info on the new crafting hours by level please? I am level 50 and have 1832 hours right now what is the max.

8. change buildings from labor killers to gold killers..(if you want materials and resources out there, stop costing labor hours to pull the resources.)

9. Trader tools: This should be updated constantly! If you want contention at ports that have say fineTeak..very rare and will be contested.. have to know in real time if it is there.  I just bought up the rest of fine teak at a port, rechecked map after getting to port still there.  SO now you have traders and pirates thinking it is still at Port Howe, even though there is 0 there. By having this update when a resource is out, traders will know when to go and so will your hunters.  

10. Down the road you could set up a perk or something to have ports you visited for resources have shop Intel, know how much is there at any given time.

11. I see you have a craft able item Extra Labor which requires a Labor office, is there a secret port? or is this a button that just made it way into the game by accident.

Sure more will come to mind.

• Like 1

Also, for the US the closest silver producing port is south of haiti.  The US didn't have any silver back then but silver also wasn't a key ingredient in producing ships either.

• Like 2

Not a single one of the new (national) resources seems to be remotely profitable. I am quite an experienced trader, am I missing something here?

Not a single one of the new (national) resources seems to be remotely profitable. I am quite an experienced trader, am I missing something here?

Let the market shock recede. Once people truly realize how things work, you'll see some wild fluctuations in prices on various goods - both up and down.

• Like 2

Unless you expect us to sail around and discover all the regional bonuses for crafting, you need to actually give us an ingame description of the bonus. Somewhere. 

I was pretty excited for this patch until I found out id have to cart around everything I need for a ship in a trader vessel to all the different regions then write it all down somewhere just so I can discover what the regional bonuses are.

Also, didnt we use to have the ability to have multiple clan warehouses? What ever happened to that? That would actually be a useful feature now that we have this patch

Edited by Æthlstan
  • Like 2

I will reserve any general feedback on the new economy until I have more time with it. My first impression left me a little frustrated (particularly the new weights), but I am not sure if that is due to me just not understanding the new system yet. Overall it seems like a much bigger time sink trying to trade or craft ships.

However, I have found something I see as a pretty big issue and that is compass wood... I understand compass wood was added as a "special" resource to craft exceptional ships, and thus was removed as an AI produced commodity (at least as far as I can tell based on the traders tools) and added in as a RNG item when extracting wood. Which would be fine if it wasn't needed for knees, which are needed for even basic ships past a certain point. So I have to pull out hundreds of oak or some other wood just to get enough compass wood to make knees? Not sure if this was an oversight, or if I have just missed something but it seems like a pretty big issue as it makes crafting even basic ships from the connie up almost impossible without getting really lucky.

EDIT: One other thing to add. Not sure if it was intentional, but using a random trim removes all of the "extra" items required to craft exceptional ships other than the "fine" version of the base wood and the notes. I realize it is then random and you may not get what you want, but it seems like there should be something there as a placeholder, or it should require more of the base wood type or something.

Edited by Helbent

Ante Scriptum : Excuse my english, not my natural mother language.

This patch is a very exciting one ! A lot of change in the trade, will require time to understand things.

Concerning delevery orders mission :

Very good thing. It is a mission that requires several days to be realised. BUT, it is possible when you are already a rich player that can afford to invest 6millions in a mission (that will reward him 15m in the end  :P )

So what i think is : as we have trading xp, can we have trading rank ? those ranks unlock the avaibility to take those "very huge mission that reward alot" ? Use it the way you use "combat missions" it will be simple enough.

So people at beginners  levels (or not ! )  with a few money will have small ( but fast) delivery missions to make money and later will try to complete those large delevery missions.

Other point of those delevery : the port you have to deliver the goods. I've seen only National Capital ports. Maybe more diversity ? ( especially the smaller missions can target Regional capitals?)

Concerning the weight of goods:

I don't understand why so many ( all ?) goods have seen their weight multiplied by 2 or 3 even more i think. Ok everything with a weight of 1 is bad.. But what is the aim ? Just multiply the numbers of trader travel ? If you do this, please can you increase the weight of traders cargo ? (or add another BIG trader ship !  :D )  Especially when you have to sail longer distances to find some valuable goods ( Silver and Gold for example). Don't think it is worth to sail 2 hours to find 1000silver and then another 2hours to go back (and avoid/fight pirates !!)

Concerning new crafting:

I like the choice of all attributes ( speed/stiffness) but as it is said earlier, can we have hints of the Regional crafting bonuses ? I don't think i will travel all regions trying to craft a ship and pray (finally found an utility to this function !  :ph34r: ) to discover any regional bonus. 

What do you want us to test :

1) How people behave when they know that a region as a specific bonus ? ( crafters will settle here ? war will target those area ?)

2)How fast we will find where and what are those bonuses ? 
3) Who can make the most profit when he found an interesting crafting area ?

Here are my first impressions. I repeat, I really like this update, I think it is a big step forward  :)

Hope it is clear enough for you guys to understand and discuss it.

• Like 1

Trader Tool

Its a great tool and help a lot with finding good deals and getting an overview where which good can be produced.

But its not perfect and heres what id like to see:

1. need Info about the amount

Its crucial to know how many goods i can buy there. Maybe there are just 5 in stock so its not worth to sail half an hour for that.

2. Prizes seem to be false sometimes

I checked for live oak log today and it gave me the Info that i can buy it in Mortimer Town for 350 gold. When i look in the shop the cheapest prize is 1500g.

So the tool seems to update slowly maybe?

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1

I would imagine that traders (and PvE'ers) would LOVE this patch...  Those trading missions provide a ton of content for crafting-inclined people.  I think its pretty sweet that they involve multiple trips and the need to scout for resources/prices...  Hell, I even took a relatively easy one to try and accomplish when my clan mates arent online.

Sometimes AVOIDING trader hunters is just as fun as being one...  We shall see.

On a side note, it was pretty hilarious on TS when we did the math and realized what was necessary to fulfill one of those $30 Million missions.  It was something like 40 Indiaman passages with the hold completely full.  It got pretty quiet before we started laughing.

I understand that the devs want to create a wow effect for exceptional ships, but the problem i see with non exceptional ships is the lack of module slots.

I think that it would be easier for people to accept lesser quality ships if they could still use all their favorite modules, so my solution give all ships 3/5 module slots so people can still run their gun or boarding setup on any quality ship and aren't limited in their play style. (also everybody by now has a shitload of modules they like and wanna use)

Ofcourse keep the rest of the bonuses made by building higher quality like speed/structure/etc like it is now.

• Like 1

But... that's exactly what gave Exceptional ships their aura of being special, the amount of slots.

Not to mention that they nerfed most of the mods and perks, which makes the difference between "Good" ships and "Exceptional" ships much smaller.  Thats a good thing!  I think people got too used to having everything have to be "Exceptional" to win....

• Like 1