Game-Labs Forum

Battle replay function

We desperately need Battle Replay function like in WoT when you can review and record the battle.

During the replay you should be able to take view points of all ships involved in the battle and have different camera modes:

1. From ships owner view;

2. Your own 3rd person;

3. Free cam

Not only it will assist with sorting out arguments about cheating, who did what etc. but this will also greatly boost community's ability to produce quality videos hugely boosting game exposure to the public.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 6

There is already 3rd party software that will let you record Naval Action game video to your heart's content.

Go to You Tube and Search for Naval Action.  There are probably hundreds of NA videos out there.

And while having an in game  video component would be a "nice to have", at this point I think that given the size of the development team, there are plenty of other content things that would be higher up the priority list.  Let the developers get the "must haves" out there for final game release and then worry about the "nice to have" items after that.

There is already 3rd party software that will let you record Naval Action game video to your heart's content.

Go to You Tube and Search for Naval Action.  There are probably hundreds of NA videos out there.

And while having an in game  video component would be a "nice to have", at this point I think that given the size of the development team, there are plenty of other content things that would be higher up the priority list.  Let the developers get the "must haves" out there for final game release and then worry about the "nice to have" items after that.

While it is possible to create naval action video with 3rd party software, if you are making some short of cinematic video you are going to need a bunch of friends/juggle fighting with recording. A replay system would make things a lot easier to create such videos.

edit: it also allows for easier sharing if something crazy happens since you dont have to already be recording and even if you were you might have missed it.

I know how to record videos. But thanks for the effort.

Its not about making just a video. Its about making quality video. Right now you can only record with screen capture (obviously). But you can only record your own actions during the battle. You cant record different angles of the battle etc.

Also right now you record the fight as it goes. If you want good quality video you must preset everything and do kind of acting and camera rotation during the battle paying attention to recording angles etc.

With the replay you can have you battle without even thinking to record and then if something amazing happened you can get back to it and review and record from various angles etc.

Also you cant record every fight so there is lots of amazing battles are missed that otherwise players could have replay and record to share.

This brings a whole new life into the game and community.

not particularly keen on starcraft style spreadsheet and people perfection by analysing and replaying to death when one has unlimited study time. I am a fan of trial be combat and normal drills. Could not hurt I guess but honestly don't think its needed. My 2c.

For cinematic, yes it would be a nice thing.

|N8| made one hell of a Naval Action  trailer with screen capture, granted. He is quite talented. Now imagine what could be done with a replay function, as he does with other products.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNGddZgBjjA9hJZ768HDTu-eDcX3V2iLN

I know how to record videos. But thanks for the effort.

Its not about making just a video. Its about making quality video. Right now you can only record with screen capture (obviously). But you can only record your own actions during the battle. You cant record different angles of the battle etc.

Also right now you record the fight as it goes. If you want good quality video you must preset everything and do kind of acting and camera rotation during the battle paying attention to recording angles etc.

With the replay you can have you battle without even thinking to record and then if something amazing happened you can get back to it and review and record from various angles etc.

Also you cant record every fight so there is lots of amazing battles are missed that otherwise players could have replay and record to share.

This brings a whole new life into the game and community.

Just to be clear:  I am not saying the devs should not add a replay function to the game.  That would be a nice to have. 

I'm saying let them get other high priority things into the game (things necessary for the game to be released) and then move onto things like replay.

Also, I have no idea what sort of resources (programming) would be needed to implement a replay function.  IF it were something that could be done quickly, with little resources AND not take away from other priority items, then they should go for it.  But if it takes significant resources to develop and implement and it would delay other priority items (say for instance the next patch), then IMHO it can wait until after release.  

Edited by Chijohnaok