Game-Labs Forum

“Our cruel and unrelenting Enemy leaves us no choice but a brave resistance, or the most abject submission; this is all we can expect - We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die: Our own Country's Honor, all call upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion, and if we now shamefully fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world. Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble Actions - The Eyes of all our Countrymen are now upon us, and we shall have their blessings, and praises, if happily we are the instruments of saving them from the Tyranny meditated against them. Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.” 

― George Washington

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen! On this, the eve of your noble country's birth, I wish you a hearty salutation and merry celebration! May you always fight for freedom and liberty, always stand against tyranny, and may you always be in need of the employment of questionable privateers!

"Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"

u4kr1Pz.gif

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I was disappointed that I had to work through all the fun last night. I had hoped my flight would cancel but that is rare in my business but from what I hear, our guys enjoyed fighting alongside you and we look forward to further adventures with you all in the future.

Next time we will bring the booze. I hope you like whiskey.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am not sure whether Captain Ellis is a member of your fleet but I wish to commend him on his conduct at sea......

After returning from a lengthy training exercise at 2am (EST) I encountered young Captain Ellis. His promptly requested a duel but due to the late hour I declined as I was returning to Port. He conducted himself with honour and was the perfect gentlemen .... lets hope more within the community follow his example.

I salute you Sir!

• Like 7

I am not sure whether Captain Ellis is a member of your fleet but I wish to commend him on his conduct at sea......

After returning from a lengthy training exercise at 2am (EST) I encountered young Captain Ellis. His promptly requested a duel but due to the late hour I declined as I was returning to Port. He conducted himself with honour and was the perfect gentlemen .... lets hope more within the community follow his example.

I salute you Sir!

He is indeed one of our many fine members. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Dypat our newest member! Our Canadian squadron is getting thick.

We have members from Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, New Zealand, Canada and even a Brit!

The United States in this era was a place where all alpha male (and female) adventurers would come seeking a new destiny.

It was these immigrants who helped define the nation. Teddy Roosevelt once said that the War of 1812 is when America arrived on the world stage and it was precisely the moment the Constitution defeated the Guerriere. Her crew which had Scandinavians, British ex-pats and Canadians were integral to that, so do not hesitate to apply today if you don't reside in the U.S.

• Like 4