Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

20 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

I give credit to the British/Dutch/USA alliance for pulling off a simultaneous War Supplies drop (lets call it "Testing the ability for simultaneous War Supplies bombs"  ;) ) , and for recovering one of the Live Oak production ports.

What goes around comes around:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, North said:

What goes around comes around:D

Very well.  Go ahead and do it or even one up it.  Perhaps then the developers will finally see the absurdity of being able to run hostility from 0 to 100% in moments.  

I can see the point of War supplies contributing towards hostility.  I think the ability to drive hostility from 0 to 100% at one fell swoop by using War Supplies is extreme.  

Abuse the mechanic to the point of absurdity until it is finally fixed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Very well.  Go ahead and do it or even one up it.  Perhaps then the developers will finally see the absurdity of being able to run hostility from 0 to 100% in moments.  

I can see the point of War supplies contributing towards hostility.  I think the ability to drive hostility from 0 to 100% at one fell swoop by using War Supplies is extreme.  

Abuse the mechanic to the point of absurdity until it is finally fixed

I'll do even better... i'll trigger 4 just to see if the brits can defend all:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North said:

It would be interesting to see if you could attack 4 at the same time? If not we are right back to where we were with the false flags system, again proving how broken the war supplies mechanic is.

2 hours ago, North said:

We do need a place(s) to release all the Captains who are clamoring to get into PB's - sounds like fun, perhaps we can set off a few bomba's at the same time for some added excitement!

That wasnt a NICE port battle...

Now when agamemnons are op as hell all you guys did was shameless kiting...for whole port battle you just basicly run away...

The time we now have is not enough to chase chickens who try to evade contact, yes we got all towers pretty quickly, yes we did huge dmg against you, all you did you run like babies shooting back once in a while.

That wasnt a battle.

Yes, you sunk few swedes, those who were at first place chasing you, but in reality with this kind of system and with new ship like agamemnons its IMPOSSIBLE to get br in that time port battle lasts if enemy decides to flee whole round like you did...and yes its a vslid tactic thanx to devs.

Agamemnons can take too much dmg compared to ingers/connies, and by fleeing and sometimes turning and shooting swedish sail you just made us slower...its easy tactic for chickens, but in game wise spending 1.5 hours seeing this kind of "playing" i only hope that port battle mechanics will change and quick.Its just too easy for defender to spend time and avoid actual battle.

At this state of this game even port battles are not "battles" instead we wasted huge amount of hours arranging port battle just to see "great tactical retreat" on defenders...

No more this bs for me.port battles with ingers and connies were much more faster and demanding.now everyone sails with agas which are way too tanky to fight in time we have.with agas you really dont have any danger for penetrating shots if you keep distance, you guys demonstrated this very well.Same time seeing this as a somewhat trend now(kiting) game is becoming just too stupid for even play.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VonCarra said:

snip...

want to talk about you guys also have 25 aga but some couldnt get in port battle because of screening fleet?
oh and do you want to talk about you and your friend attack each other right in front of brightown so you can log out right in front of the port?

4 hours ago, VonCarra said:

Now when agamemnons are op as hell all you guys did was shameless kiting...for whole port battle you just basicly run away...

The time we now have is not enough to chase chickens who try to evade contact, yes we got all towers pretty quickly, yes we did huge dmg against you, all you did you run like babies shooting back once in a while.

That wasnt a battle.

Yes, you sunk few swedes, those who were at first place chasing you, but in reality with this kind of system and with new ship like agamemnons its IMPOSSIBLE to get br in that time port battle lasts if enemy decides to flee whole round like you did...and yes its a vslid tactic thanx to devs.

Agamemnons can take too much dmg compared to ingers/connies, and by fleeing and sometimes turning and shooting swedish sail you just made us slower...its easy tactic for chickens, but in game wise spending 1.5 hours seeing this kind of "playing" i only hope that port battle mechanics will change and quick.Its just too easy for defender to spend time and avoid actual battle.

At this state of this game even port battles are not "battles" instead we wasted huge amount of hours arranging port battle just to see "great tactical retreat" on defenders...

No more this bs for me.port battles with ingers and connies were much more faster and demanding.now everyone sails with agas which are way too tanky to fight in time we have.with agas you really dont have any danger for penetrating shots if you keep distance, you guys demonstrated this very well.Same time seeing this as a somewhat trend now(kiting) game is becoming just too stupid for even play.

may i say that the agga BR is the same as an inger and connie. We did not kite for the whole port battle only when you came charging us. u wasted like 25 minutes on waiting with battling and after that we were engaging the swedish all the time but we focused down a lot more. if we had 5 or 10 more minutes we would have destroyed at least half of the swedish fleet for maybe 5 ships lost at worst. 

i want also to reccommand the vid of Rediii which shows u the view of the swedish side in which even your PB commander was pretty pissed off

and also don't complain on who is exploiting the game u attack an friendly 'Enemy' right infront of the port not us and then soon went into the PB so...

i want to also add that the swedish were more stern raking than hull hitting

Edited by pietjenoob

That wasnt a battle.

If i may be so bold,may i ask what sort of port battle were you expecting? Fireships? Going toe to toe slugging it out negating the advantages of towers and time that the defenders have in every PB?

If you require an enemy to fight the way you wish them to,with the battle plan that favours you, then sir you have chosen the wrong enemies.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rediii said:

he wasnt pissed off in my opinion ^^

No, sveno made the free hunt order as we realized we just dont have enough time to sink dutch...thanks to huge difference between inge/connie vs. agamemnons .(the hull of agamemnon + 24 pnders make almost no penetration shots on those distances we had like half of the battle)

90 minutes in port battle, which we "lost" 20 minutes or so  by destroying towers...well, we got towers, after that we still need the br, and its very hard to do if enemy decides to avoid you.And with these "op" ships which everyone sails, time is just not enough to do so.

Yes, you finally got into battle after we were totally displaced in order to catch at least few dutches.And no , even if inge has bigger cannons its just useless to say that "why didnt you use inges then with 32 pnders", no ingermanland is no option, the french vs. brits showed that, even if french didnt have "best" fleet the brits just wiped french ingermans out with agamemnons...inge and connie are just paper ships IF enemy decides to attack.

Dont get me wrong, the mechanincs of port battles combined to new "tanky" agamemnos just give too much edge on defenders side.it was really frustrating to be there ´cause we swedes realized that we are not gonna catch you guys, and even with destroying all the towers we were bout to lose...all you have to do is look at timer and stay alive.Keeping distance so that our agamemnons 24 pnders wont do any harm...

Im not blaming or shaming, tactic is tactic, but i really hope that devs change port battle mechanins as soon as possible.

You allready have make huge effort in order to arrange the port battle, then you have to get your ships on battle area, then you just realize that winning port battle is no longer actually fighting, instead we sail behind enemies 80% of battle.That was the reality, without any crying or so.

For me this was 5th port battle since big patch, before patch i always had 1-3 battles EVERY NIGHT, i played this game just for battles, and im just so frustrated to see that even the actual port battles are now porked.Well, not porked, but in my yes port battles should be decivive battles where the choice of avoiding fight in order to get timer down just isnt a choice.

When battles were more common players actually took more risks.we made bad decicions in this battle, but this wasnt the first battle where the opponents try to just spend time instead fighting...We all know that kiting is becoming the problem, even if indeed, with this battle you werent "kiting" all the time.

Edited by VonCarra
  • Like 1

No, sveno made the free hunt order as we realized we just dont have enough time to sink dutch...thanks to huge difference between inge/connie vs. agamemnons .(the hull of agamemnon + 24 pnders make almost no penetration shots on those distances we had like half of the battle)

90 minutes in port battle, which we "lost" 20 minutes or so  by destroying towers...well, we got towers, after that we still need the br, and its very hard to do if enemy decides to avoid you.And with these "op" ships which everyone sails, time is just not enough to do so.

Yes, you finally got into battle after we were totally displaced in order to catch at least few dutches.And no , even if inge has bigger cannons its just useless to say that "why didnt you use inges then with 32 pnders", no ingermanland is no option, the french vs. brits showed that, even if french didnt have "best" fleet the brits just wiped french ingermans out with agamemnons...inge and connie are just paper ships IF enemy decides to attack.

Dont get me wrong, the mechanincs of port battles combined to new "tanky" agamemnos just give too much edge on defenders side.it was really frustrating to be there ´cause we swedes realized that we are not gonna catch you guys, and even with destroying all the towers we were bout to lose...all you have to do is look at timer and stay alive.Keeping distance so that our agamemnons 24 pnders wont do any harm...

Im not blaming or shaming, tactic is tactic, but i really hope that devs change port battle mechanins as soon as possible.

You allready have make huge effort in order to arrange the port battle, then you have to get your ships on battle area, then you just realize that winning port battle is no longer actually fighting, instead we sail behind enemies 80% of battle.That was the reality, without any crying or so.

For me this was 5th port battle since big patch, before patch i always had 1-3 battles EVERY NIGHT, i played this game just for battles, and im just so frustrated to see that even the actual port battles are now porked.Well, not porked, but in my yes port battles should be decivive battles where the choice of avoiding fight in order to get timer down just isnt a choice.

When battles were more common players actually took more risks.we made bad decicions in this battle, but this wasnt the first battle where the opponents try to just spend time instead fighting...We all know that kiting is becoming the problem, even if indeed, with this battle you werent "kiting" all the time.

Then why dont you change your tactics? If you think you are going to be kited then have a plan to take out their sails early on in the battle.

You claim that you had 1-3 port battles a night before this patch, but how many of them were contested? Yes there were some big well contested battles before but most nations tried to outfox their opponent to get little opposition in the port battle. Now with fewer port battles and 46 hours notice most port battles are properly contested which has led to people finding other ways to get the edge in the battle. Also with new system port battles are more important as you not only lose a single town, you lose a region which can have huge implications on your nations ability to defend itself.

The Danes used tanky L'Oceans to take Georgia from the USA and after that tactics were changed to use more maneuverable Victory's to counter that which has generally been relatively successful. Some ships may be OP in some respects but usually they have a downside to counter that. I personally cannot comment regarding the Agamemnons as I have not been lucky enough to get one, but if you feel they are the most powerful 4th rate PB ship then why dont you get them yourself. As far as I know all nations have access to them through some people.

Battles are not all about broadside to broadside otherwise people would complain that certain ships are overpowered because they have more or bigger guns. Battles should be about tactics and if kiting is a tactic in order to win then so be it, find a tactic to counter that.

The port battles are due to be changed soon so I am sure all will get chance to develop new tactics.

• Like 2

Yes i was not happy on the end of the PB, that non-amusement had three main reasons:

- My performance as Battle Commander.
- The situational awareness of our PB team.
- The kiting tactic of the enemy.

Looking at the video, I've seen that I waited too long before moving on the enemy, waiting too long issue the free for all command.

When in free for all mode, people tended to go the wrong way, we had some guys in the battle which had their first port battle.

The kiting tactic the enemy used was very demoralizing, together with the Agamemnon ship (strong defense vs rather weak offense) a frustrating experience.

------

To Archaos:
We Swedes had a lot of fully contested battles which we won 25:0 hands down. But these battles were Inger/Consti battles and there was no kiting involved. The team we had there unfortunately does not exist more, the most hardcore PvP/RvR players have stopped playing after the patch.

For me, the Agamemnon has turned lovely 4th rates battles into kiting acidity.

I was looking forward for this port battle, after doing it, i have the feeling not much is left what i love about NA.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 3

sveno, in a port battle, the mentality is play to win, not play to not lose. For kiting style, I think you should do some port battle with the french to know what true kiting look like even with inger and consti. I did port battles with your best fleet before and i know your style, I also did a lot of port battle with french before and I also know their style. I know how to counter both of your tactics at your best form. 

For Aga problem, you have 25 Aga log out in front of the port but not all of them could join. So put yourself into our position, Your fleet, 25 players attack 5 french players right in front of Brightown so can be safe until port battle time so what that do to us?  

Edited by Nash

2 hours ago, sveno said:

Yes i was not happy on the end of the PB, that non-amusement had three main reasons:

- My performance as Battle Commander.
- The situational awareness of our PB team.
- The kiting tactic of the enemy.

Looking at the video, I've seen that I waited too long before moving on the enemy, waiting too long issue the free for all command.

When in free for all mode, people tended to go the wrong way, we had some guys in the battle which had their first port battle.

The kiting tactic the enemy used was very demoralizing, together with the Agamemnon ship (strong defense vs rather weak offense) a frustrating experience.

------

To Archaos:
We Swedes had a lot of fully contested battles which we won 25:0 hands down. But these battles were Inger/Consti battles and there was no kiting involved. The team we had there unfortunately does not exist more, the most hardcore PvP/RvR players have stopped playing after the patch.

For me, the Agamemnon has turned lovely 4th rates battles into kiting acidity.

I was looking forward for this port battle, after doing it, i have the feeling not much is left what i love about NA.

To me that sounds like you went into the battle using old tactics and not staying updated with the new meta. Even pre patch it was known that Agamemnons would be the new top ship for 4th rate PB's once they were allowed in.

I have never led a PB and do not think it is easy, but I do not agree with how quickly people call for a nerf without giving time for strategies to be developed to counter first. Again I would refer to the Danes and their strong hulled L'Oceans at the battle foe Georgia, it was demoralizing to see so many balls bounce off their hulls and it would be easy to say strong hulled bonus is OP and should be nerfed, but there are other ways to counter it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Again I would refer to the Danes and their strong hulled L'Oceans at the battle foe Georgia, it was demoralizing to see so many balls bounce off their hulls and it would be easy to say strong hulled bonus is OP and should be nerfed, but there are other ways to counter it.

Let's look to the map.

In Texas and Cartagena España can build ships with Strong Hull bonus.

In Santo Domingo Danmark-Norge can build ships with Strong Hull bonus.

In Orinoco Sverige can build ships with Strong Hull bonus.

France have not regions with this bonus.

España, Danmark-Norge, Sverige and France are allies. 4 regions with Strong Hull bonus.

=======================================================================

Great Britain, Verenigde Provinciën have not regions with Strong Hull bonus. And only United States have North Carolina

Great Britain, Verenigde Provinciën and United States are allies.  1 regions with Strong Hull bonus

I was very surprised when Danmark-Norge decided to take Bermuda instead of North Carolina.

48 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Let's look to the map.

In Texas and Cartagena España can build ships with Strong Hull bonus.

In Santo Domingo Danmark-Norge can build ships with Strong Hull bonus.

In Orinoco Sverige can build ships with Strong Hull bonus.

France have not regions with this bonus.

España, Danmark-Norge, Sverige and France are allies. 4 regions with Strong Hull bonus.

Great Britain, Verenigde Provinciën have not regions with Strong Hull bonus. And only United States have North Carolina

Great Britain, Verenigde Provinciën and United States are allies.  1 regions with Strong Hull bonus

I was very surprised when Danmark-Norge decided to take Bermuda instead of North Carolina.

I think they wanted Bermuda for the fast ships as it is the only supply of Bermuda Cedar and has regional speed bonus. Plus they know that once Bermuda is captured it will be  very hard to win back.

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

I'm not sure about the Dane reasoning, but when I mentioned it a week or two ago it was because it felt like a dick move towards the americans who didn't have many regions left.