Game-Labs Forum

Free town changes - Important

I can't find the post regarding this by I seem to have a recollection that when the PvP3 server was merged into PvP 1 EU, advice was given that any pending deliveries might be subject to loss (so claim outstanding ones and don't send new ones).

My recollection could be wrong though....

That is indeed correct.  However this time they are not moving or merging servers. It has also been stated that assets kept in ship holds are safe, which was not the case with the server merge. So while I would follow your advice as a precaution, my expectation is that assets in deliveries will be safe unless otherwise should be stated by devs.

Well the way I read it is that deliveries of goods remains only from Free port to Free port so if a port changes to a national port you will no longer be able to use goods delivery.

I have used "Delivery" to send goods from Free Port to my Outpost, even though the OP is not a Free Port.

My understanding is "Delivery" works from any Free Port to any OP one owns.

And Devs say the switch will be announced in advance.  A wise shipper does not send a load out in the eye of a storm or a server reset.

~ HK ~

I have used "Delivery" to send goods from Free Port to my Outpost, even though the OP is not a Free Port.

My understanding is "Delivery" works from any Free Port to any OP one owns.

It does not.  Free-to-Free only (with outpost required on receiving end).

The outpost at which you received delivery was a in a Free Town.  Had to be.  

• Like 1

Someone stated online that we need to move our warships out of free ports we have them in, if not we will have to use a trader to get them out by adding the warships to the traders fleet. I am referring to free ports that aren't moving or being eliminated.

I just re-read through this entire thread and I don't see anything that indicates this.

Can it be confirmed that our warships are safe in the free ports we own which aren't being moved or eliminated?

Someone stated online that we need to move our warships out of free ports we have them in, if not we will have to use a trader to get them out by adding the warships to the traders fleet. I am referring to free ports that aren't moving or being eliminated.

I just re-read through this entire thread and I don't see anything that indicates this.

Can it be confirmed that our warships are safe in the free ports we own which aren't being moved or eliminated?

If it's a free port before the patch and it remains a free port afterwards, then why would your ships disappear?  I suspect just leave your things there.  On the other hand, as a safety precaution I personally have moved my more important warships to the capital and left mostly traders at the free ports.

If your in a port that isn't changing than you are safe.  The ones moving locations will swap your stuff, but not your buildings.  They will be destroyed and credits given for there cost to build.    If the port is not a free town or moving  but it's currently your nation and will change to a new nation of that region you will have to move them before hand or use a trader to get your ships out.  So make sure any none freeports you have stuff in is going to belong to your nation after the patch or move your items.

If it's a free port before the patch and it remains a free port afterwards, then why would your ships disappear?  I suspect just leave your things there.  On the other hand, as a safety precaution I personally have moved my more important warships to the capital and left mostly traders at the free ports.

Yep I have every thing moved and ready for the patch if it comes this week.  Reminds me I need to get every thing out of Pitt's on one server as I believe it will no longer be the only Neutral town left but turn into a Brit Capital for that region.

• 2 weeks later...

I had ships and resources in ports that I can no longer enter, how do I get my crafts and resources from these ports:

San Luis, Jeremie, Rico Seco and Nippes? My home base is Charleston.I cannot obtain  any more outpost, and if I abandon these outpost I will lose crafts and resources  I have a total of 13 ships in limbo at these outpost. Help....

I had ships and resources in ports that I can no longer enter, how do I get my crafts and resources from these ports:

San Luis, Jeremie, Rico Seco and Nippes? My home base is Charleston.I cannot obtain  any more outpost, and if I abandon these outpost I will lose crafts and resources  I have a total of 13 ships in limbo at these outpost. Help....

get in port as smuggler - add them to fleet, exit at night, teleport.

• Like 2