Game-Labs Forum

Please Restore the Social Perk

ok so ever since the social perk was disabled there have been nothing but ganking fleets right outside the capital ports

im sick of it and refuse to play this bloody game until this issue is sorted i don't care if you decrease the time allowed in social but 2 bloody minutes is too short. I just lost my buc to a french ganking fleet right outside king port royal and no one could get there in time to help. Because the timer is too short

EDIT:can we actually have a fight? im not mad they took out my buc thats fair they outnumbered me so it was only right that they would win but here's the thing, they didn't even fight they just turned and ran every time i turned towards one of them (but they're french its what i should of expected really) now i like a good fight but i for one don't even bother with puffs like that so i just exited the battle and didn't give them the satisfaction of taking my buc down properly because if they don't fight i won't stay. If i lose my buc i'll just get another besides who cares about losing a ship anyway? after the wipe before full game release we'll lose all our ships, gold and items.

Edited by Herpaderp64
  • Like 10

I am kinda hoping that something like the below gets implemented with a every ship in sight rule... that would make sure high traffic areas were much more risky.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15737-rules-of-engagement-feedback/page-4
"One of the problems can be solved i think

thanks for the suggestions - you helped me to come up with this idea

Right now there is 1 circle.if the target is in the circle you can attack it. The rest join as support. 

What can be done is this

There could be 2 circles.

1. attack circle allowing you to attack the enemy (should be smaller than the current one) - solving counter tag - as both ships have to be closer to each other. 
  2. very large pull circle (size of 1 mins of sailing). Pulling everyone into the battle where they were on the map (forcing fleets to sail with some organization)

After this battle closes immediately. 

Benefits

• counter tag issue - solved.
  • Joining at wrong places - solved.
  • Land problems - solved.
  • Battle screen camping - solved. 
  • It will look natural (with no strange circles to join)
  • can join cannot join can be abandoned as useless. (all visible/vulnerable ships will be pulled) 

Drawbacks

• no support possible.
  • If you are in port or outside of that large pull circle thats it - no battle for you. Workaround - sail within 1 mins of sailing to each other
  • the main issue is this - If there are more than 50 ships in the area - who do we pull? Possible to solve with some algorithm. But if there are 100 ships in the area there will be some funny situations.
  • Passers by will be pulled too. But if they are far they will exit on exit timers. 
  • Solo ships attacks will be much harder (due to antigriefing) because the circle is bigger (but maybe it can be tied to historical consideration that a solo ship won't usually attack an enemy if a large enemy force is within 1 min sailing away from you)"
  • Like 5

ok so ever since the social perk was disabled there have been nothing but ganking fleets right outside the capital ports

im sick of it and refuse to play this bloody game until this issue is sorted i don't care if you decrease the time allowed in social but 2 bloody minutes is too short. I just lost my buc to a french ganking fleet right outside king port royal and no one could get there in time to help. Because the timer is too short also i am trying so hard not to swear every 5 words in this it is just complete and utter bullcrap.

it will come back, but with diffrent mechanics

There should exist an ingame mechanic which allow you to be reinforced if you are close to your controlled territory.

That would similate the fact that in RL the ships on the nearest harbours would hear the sounds of the battle and come to help.

Everyone seem to forget the time compression. Because the battle is close to port don't mean a fleet would get there in time. What we sail in minutes is without compression hours. In my opinion everything of the game mechanic work as it should. The fault is generated by players who sail alone and the nation not organizing a trade route defense fleet.

• Like 10

We had magical Star Trek reinforcements near land. Ships of an equal class teleported into a fight, in order to punish people for the audacity of attacking someone.

It sucked.

Regarding various perks that may allow ships to poof into the fight: The only way to account for the time/distance compression of the Open World is for people to spawn into battle exactly where they were when the battle started on the open world. Otherwise, it is some flavor of speedboats teleporting in.

• Like 7

Powderhorn. I don't mind where they spawn as long as it gives the attacked a chance to run to safety if their were allied ships within visual distance.

Perhaps it should give all within visual distance a popup giving them the option to opt in at their present position into battle in support of their friendly attacked ship.

There should exist an ingame mechanic which allow you to be reinforced if you are close to your controlled territory.

That would similate the fact that in RL the ships on the nearest harbours would hear the sounds of the battle and come to help.

But it would take hours to get the crew up and ready and to make the ship sea worthy. Social perk is just another tool to allow gankers to set up ganks.

The best solution is the one everyone refuses to do. Instead of 90% of player sitting in port doing nothing , how about they sit in open water near these supposed ganking zones? Then getting to the battle will be easy with hundreds of players sitting outside.

Oh wait that wont work cuz then they cant set up gank squads while the two ships are in combat.

• Like 2

i took my bucentaure out to sail from carlisle to kpr and i got ganked right outside kpr and because of that timer no one could get to the battle in time to help right outside kpr

Just think if a few of the probably 50 brits just sitting in port where sitting outside kpr. You would got saved.

Otoh dont sail line ships alone.

• Like 2

Powderhorn. I don't mind where they spawn as long as it gives the attacked a chance to run to safety if their were allied ships within visual distance.

Perhaps it should give all within visual distance a popup giving them the option to opt in at their present position into battle in support of their friendly attacked ship.

Easily abusable. The moment I have fleet #1 do a tag, the bait ship will also do a tag 1 second later. (And we can have multiple bait ships doing this.)

The first tag will result in fleet #1 ganking a ship and the reinforcement fleets facing multiple popups. Good luck making the right choice.

Hence I put in the choosen engagement distance in http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14789-faul-battle-entry-timer-be-gone-with-thou/

Given a growing circle it would ensure that you get drawn into the closest battle that erupts. Given a static circle there might be issues on the edge.

Also if you pull in right away the game must make a deterministic choice who to pull in on which side correctly. Otherwise we need the multi-sided battle.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15737-rules-of-engagement-feedback/?p=303911

As to the topic at hand:

Like I said on http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16328-battle-screen-mechanic-exploit/?p=309627

I think the next new officer perk should be "Organize" or "Strategy", because "Social" wasn't enough.

Everyone keep ignoring the obvious and beg for someone else to do it for you. Typical new gamers.

It is hard (for new players) finding anything back in our past discussions... ;)

Then again it is hard finding all the current game rules as well. :)

It is hard (for new players) finding anything back in our past discussions... ;)

Then again it is hard finding all the current game rules as well. :)

there are rules?, everone exploiting everthing out of the gamemechanics, while its stated by the Mods and Devs that exploiting gamemechanics for ones favor will not be tolerated. Of corse we need to life with expoits, untill they are taken care of.

there are rules?, everone exploiting everthing out of the gamemechanics, while its stated by the Mods and Devs that exploiting gamemechanics for ones favor will not be tolerated. Of corse we need to life with expoits, untill they are taken care of.

:lol:

OT: For example, this is the current join timer rule: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14536-to-gank-or-be-ganked-that-is-the-question/

You should report any exploits you bugger! :P

i took my bucentaure out to sail from carlisle to kpr and i got ganked right outside kpr and because of that timer no one could get to the battle in time to help right outside kpr

Why would you take that ship out solo when you know there are enemies around?  Again, poor player decision.

• Like 4

im sick of it and refuse to play this bloody game until this issue is sorted i don't care if you decrease the time allowed in social but 2 bloody minutes is too short. I just lost my buc to a french ganking fleet right outside king port royal and no one could get there in time to help. Because the timer is too short also i am trying so hard not to swear every 5 words in this it is just complete and utter bullcrap.

Funny, I came back BECAUSE they disabled it!  :lol:

• Like 5