Game-Labs Forum

The Small Battle Challenge! (pvp1)

Fellvred

Joining bonuses updated for week 8

Current Points:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rjA62Hn1Atk4FgE0frxNuQbvS6QS1LdxeyCk9C07zB8/edit?usp=sharing

What is it?

The challenge is my attempt to arrange a daily battle to allow everyone to participate in large scale pvp irregardless of rank, ship or experience. Points and prizes are designed to go to players who work as a team rather than the most skilled captains.

How to join?

AT 16:55 server time Mon - Sat enter a port and in the 'missions' tab click 'small battles'. There is no entry cost or need to register and weekly prizes include gold and ships. Screenshots will be taken at the start and end of the battles to ascertain points scored.

Points awarded:

Win - 0.3

Kill - 0.3

Assist - 0.1

Captains will also receive a joining bonus depending on their ship:

Indefatigable - -0.3

Essex, Trincomalee and Endymion - 0

Belle Poule, Santa Cecilia - 0.15

Frigate, Surprise - 0.3

Cerberus, Renommee - 0.45

6th rates - 0.6

7th rates - 0.9

The 3 days with the largest number of points for each captain are added together to get the points total - This means a player who may not have the time to come to all 6 battles in a week has just as much chance as a player who does have the time - the better captains should rise towards the top of the table :)

At the end of each week all points are wiped and the prizepool will be given out to the top 30% of players depending on the number of points they have received that week. For example if 10 player had played over the week the prizes would be as follows:

1st - 50%

2nd - 30%

3rd - 20%

If 100 players had joined the top 10% of players receive 50% of the prizepool and so on.

----

Rules:

1. While all ships are allowed to enter small battles only 5th rates and smaller will receive points for the challenge.

2. Abusive language and general arse-ery (such as team kills and damage) will not be tolerated. Any continued offences, after an initial warning, will lead to points and prizes being forfeited for that week.

3. Fights will last for the full 90 minutes. If both teams are still alive at the end of the battle:- if a team has at least twice the battle rating of the other side this will be classed as a win. If this is not the case the battle will be called a draw.

4. Have fun - remember you can/will lose your ship and officer life so only bring a ship you are comfortable losing. Escaping from battle early can ruin a fight for everyone -- anyone escaping from battle prematurely will lose any points earned from that battle as well as 0.5 points from their weekly total.

5. In the unlikely event of the battle being full - screenshots from other small battles spawned at the same time will be accepted.

6. The captain with the most points has 1st pick of any prize ships available - if total points are the same, 1st highest, 2nd highest then 3rd highest daily points.. One prize per captain.

7. Any captains farming much smaller ships for points (when where are larger ships to kill) will have points removed for that day, after a 1st warning (or have a point taken off their final score).

8. As fireship fittings are seen to be against the spirit of the challenge anyone using them (to disrupt a battle) will incur a one point penalty (group/clan members in the battle may also incur similar penalties to keep the league table fair). Also see rule 2 :)

If you are interested in keeping the event going by sponsoring future weeks with gold/ships or just have a question just ask away here or @fellvred on pvp1 

Current Prizepool:

TBC

The top 3 players from each clan will also have their points added together to find the highest ranked clan

----

Any small battles in the future not at 17:00 can be included in the points.

The only rules for a small battle to count are:

• There must be at least 12 captains present 
  • Only the first battle each day will be counted for a captain --- e.g. if you do 3 battles in a day only the points from the first will be added to your score.
  • If I'm not there two screenshots need to be taken of the tab screen in battle: one at the start of the battle (to show ships being sailed) and one at the end of the battle (showing kills/assist and which team won). Links to these can be sent to me either in a pm on the forum or a msg in game --- it might also be worth putting a post in here so I don't miss it  :)
  • Like 24

I glad to take part but time is not convenient for me. 

Could you move time on 16:00 UTC?

I was thinking of keeping it in the early afternoon so it doesn't interfere with pbs but seeing most of them are pretty much uncontested I'll probably move it to 16:00 anyway for next week  (if ppl join^^)

Prizepool added for 1st full week:

5m Gold

Exceptional Rattlesnake Heavy - (If more than 15 captains total for the week)

Exceptional Santisima - (If more than 30 captains total for the week)

If you haven't done much/any pvp before you're more than welcome to join :)

• Like 1

i love this !

found the post a bit to late but will be in from now on ..

i have 2 questions:

is there a trick to add players from other nations to friendslist ?

was it ok for the game if captains join on lineships ? i m tempted to bring my lineships to even fair battles....

There's no way to stop captains joining with lineships but anything larger than a 4th rate won't be getting point/prizes - everyone having similar ships has made some really nice fights anyway :)  Not sure about the friendslist.

Sheet updated with prize money for week 1 -- feel free to contact me in game if you haven't got it already -- any unclaimed money by next thurs will be put back into the pot for next week :)

ONLY TONITE !

after the small battle challenge game i would like to invite everyone to another small battle only on lineships !

if we manage to get 8 lineships in the battle i will pay 1 million gold and 3 labourcontracts to the best player of the battle !!!

(points will be given : 3 points for a kill,2points for an assist,1 point for surviving til end of battle)

(price splits even if several players have same score)

- Sadly not enough interest from ppl for the 21:00 battle, might try again next week if there's not too many pbs going on.

I dont think there is no interest for this event, its because most port timers are set at that time. Guys are doing RvR,instead joining small battles.Nobody to blame.

Maybe the event should start a bit later,before reset comes.When this happens,you ll have same situation.Everybody wants to know whats the news,nobody joins your event.

Just a thought...

Very good idea still. :)

Week 3 - 5th rates and smaller

• Time changed to 17:00 server time 
  • Clan competition added alongside solo
  • New prize pool :)

If you haven't tried it before head into any port and at 16:55 select the 'Missions' tab and 'small battles'   average number of captains per battles is 18-20 at the moment.

As there was a bit of confusion over the time last night I've added the points from the 18:00 battle as well - thanks to Sumtingwong for the screenshot.

Hopefully as we'll get closer to the patch we should get more and more people joining, as such any small battles in the future not at 17:00 can be included in the points.

The only rules for a small battle to count are:

• There must be at least 12 captains present 
  • Only the first battle each day will be counted for a captain --- e.g. if you do 3 battles in a day only the points from the first will be added to your score.
  • If I'm not there two screenshots need to be taken of the tab screen in battle: one at the start of the battle (to show ships being sailed) and one at the end of the battle (showing kills/assist and which team won). Links to these can be sent to me either in a pm on the forum or a msg in game --- it might also be worth putting a post in here so I don't miss it :)
  • Like 1