Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 Sabotage **Rumor**

Kawazz

So its been suspected for weeks that there is a large majority of players that are trying to sabotage the server to force a merge to PVP1.

Last night we had one confirmation of this actually being discussed, but by no means does this confirm anything. However it seems likely based on actions of some nations and others within the server. 

While I understand the desire to merge into PVP1 the are certain problems with this.

For most USA East coast players the move would be fine, but others to the west would be impacted by the change and would have latency issues.

The other issue I see is server queues would make a comeback.

Unity can scale but the engine is close to its limits already on PVP1, if the base netcode is still being used it may take a move to a 3rd party netcode that is built for MMOs.

The real issue is money, even if they are using a 3rd party netcode module it doesn't just increase your ability to scale. It cost more to handle more connections, some of these SDKs and distributed computing platforms aren't cheap.

This is a niche game already, if what has been heard is true your just destroying it for all of us.

Edited by koiz

Although I do think PvP2 will be important upon release, I do think that as of now PvP2 is of much importance due to the low pop. Latency does not matter, with a ping close to 400ms I can still board in PvP and win, as it has been said a thousand times by devs,moderators and users like myself, this is not a ping based game, it will slightly affect your boarding game but is quite easy to get over.

As for the "Rumor" I think it is genuine many people "from the US and Asia" would have started on that server, they may have moved for whatever reason and they still have ships and money there, although it is not justifiable for them to "sabotage" the server, it is understandable.

Stop steamrolling the small nations and let them build up. When new players join and see their nation has ports they won't re-roll or leave.

That isnt a solution, also I assume your speaking of Spain which is being attacked by a 'rogue' usa clan.

Although I do think PvP2 will be important upon release, I do think that as of now PvP2 is of much importance due to the low pop. Latency does not matter, with a ping close to 400ms I can still board in PvP and win, as it has been said a thousand times by devs,moderators and users like myself, this is not a ping based game, it will slightly affect your boarding game but is quite easy to get over.

As for the "Rumor" I think it is genuine many people "from the US and Asia" would have started on that server, they may have moved for whatever reason and they still have ships and money there, although it is not justifiable for them to "sabotage" the server, it is understandable.

It matters when the game stutters. But like I said this isnt the main issue. Its a matter of scaling the game itself.

PVP1 already has its fill of players, its as simple as that at the moment. In no way am I saying its not possible but its not as easy as some think it is.

I find it odd indeed that the server was experiencing such issues. However this was not the first time that the server has experienced such.

I would implore people to wait and see what the devs have to say abut this matter.

Loose lips sink ships after all :)

Other reason maybe people are sick of empty port battles.

This is why I had a chat with 3-4 US clans on teamspeak to organize a pvp zone where 1 flag was agreed to be bought at a time and when that PB was done another flag be bought, so for our new low levels to get some pvp and it was agreed we would let each other know numbers to bring a similar force to have fun and learn the mechanics of pvp and port battles.

They see empty port battles and maybe that's why they want a merge or are leaving for pvp1. You want the server to thrive then we are the community to make it I've tried to be civil and organize meetings on TS and have had good chats with my fellow enemy but then to be backstabbed really shows the gentleman who they are.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 4

The other issue I see is server queues would make a comeback.

Unity can scale but the engine is close to its limits already on PVP1, if the base netcode is still being used it may take a move to a 3rd party netcode that is built for MMOs.

The real issue is money, even if they are using a 3rd party netcode module it doesn't just increase your ability to scale. It cost more to handle more connections, some of these SDKs and distributed computing platforms aren't cheap.

This is a niche game already, if what has been heard is true your just destroying it for all of us.

There would be no problems with Server Queues, We push maybe 1000 tops on Pvp1 never had a Q when we had 2000. as far as ping issue we have west coast and aussie players with little problem. I know for some there would be an issue but large majority would be fine.

• Like 4

There would be no problems with Server Queues, We push maybe 1000 tops on Pvp1 never had a Q when we had 2000. as far as ping issue we have west coast and aussie players with little problem. I know for some there would be an issue but large majority would be fine.

I play at least 16 hours a day maybe more for the last 2-3 months, and at the moment I'm unemployed. Server pop is like this for a few hours when servers are up after maintenance floats around 50 people. At peak floats around 200. Few hours before it goes down between 100-150. Rarely does it crack over 200 that I've seen, seen it a few times but yeah. Plus this isn't counting the alts people have and I know of at least 3 players with 8 alts.

On the special event 3 hours before the ship wreck appeared it was way over 300 before I went to bed. So it's upto the devs to merge it with these numbers the PB's are getting boring, looking for pvp is getting boring. It's why we camped KPR looking for a fight and the call went out to stay in port. Like I said we as a community can make it better or keep flogging the same dead horse.

• Like 3

Not from what I've experienced, maybe its changed but ive seen the queue many times. 

None of this changes the fact that people are trying to ruin a server that stands today. Excuses all around here...

• Like 1

I play at least 16 hours a day maybe more for the last 2-3 months, and at the moment I'm unemployed. Server pop is like this for a few hours when servers are up after maintenance floats around 50 people. At peak floats around 200. Few hours before it goes down between 100-150. Rarely does it crack over 200 that I've seen, seen it a few times but yeah. Plus this isn't counting the alts people have and I know of at least 3 players with 8 alts.

On the special event 3 hours before the ship wreck appeared it was way over 300 before I went to bed. So it's upto the devs to merge it with these numbers the PB's are getting boring, looking for pvp is getting boring. It's why we camped KPR looking for a fight and the call went out to stay in port. Like I said we as a community can make it better or keep flogging the same dead horse.

See thats your opinion, there are many that would like to keep PVP2 and have no problem with the lower population. My solution for people that want PVP1 is to move there. 

Instead some are trying to ruin the server to force the Dev's hands. Simply because they rather not lose their items in their move to PVP1.

• Like 1

So it's upto the devs to merge it with these numbers the PB's are getting boring, looking for pvp is getting boring. It's why we camped KPR looking for a fight and the call went out to stay in port. Like I said we as a community can make it better or keep flogging the same dead horse.

Well said. There's such a lack of players by the west-indies that my clan have moved ships close to Kingston to simply get some fights.

In regards to pvp it is indeed very low for the size of the map, however I don't believe a merge is necessary just yet. 

For a solution, I think the answer lies with supporting new players - People start the game & there is little support for them due to lack of proper tutorials etc. I think it's time the devs allocate resources to helping new players actually keep playing.

• Like 2

For a solution, I think the answer lies with supporting new players - People start the game & there is little support for them due to lack of proper tutorials etc. I think it's time the devs allocate resources to helping new players actually keep playing.

Agreed, its a huge problem with the game. Its very common however with anything in development. Documentation is not a high priority. Another issue is the number of Pirate ALTs in USA. This wont be fixed however, cant turn away free money.

Edited by koiz
  • Like 1

Agreed, its a huge problem with the game. Its very common however with anything in development. Documentation is not a high priority. Another issue is the number of Pirate ALTs in USA. This wont be fixed however, cant turn away free money.

Oh get over the spy thing man...  People have alts in every nation out there so all you have to do is just keep your trap shut on nation chat and you can plan stuff.  To be frank with you I really don't know any one that has an US alt.   Some of us have them in our own nation and some have put them in the smaller ones to help them grow.

What YOU AND THE BRTIS needs to do is stop all these empty port battles.  You pop one port and we go to defend it you pull 4-5 more.  While we wait you take those ports.  We really only do have about 15-20 members in BLACK kicking two Nations butts in battles cause we are all ways on and work as a team.  All you guys do is making excuses why you keep loosing (and we don't count you taking an empty port battle a win).  There is a reason we show up at Regionals with 1st rates cause we can and aren't affraid to loose them.  We show up with the ships for the battles we are going to fight, but we aren't going to spread our self to 5 diffrent battles when we can make one stand and hopefully Brit/US shows up to the flags they pulled.   I heard tonight the Brits didn't want to show cause we brought "THE FIRST RATES" to a regional port.  In fact we brought them to the US flagged port too but no one showed (I think he ran when he spotted us as he was going to solo the port).  US and Brits are the two largest nations and even working together they can't beat 15-20 guys.   To be honest ya'll should be at war with each others and we should just be the thorn in every ones side.   Oh and now what's up with getting a few other natiosn to attack us on another fronts?  Again does it take 5 nations to beat 15-20 active players?   

As Loco said if you want to the help the server stop pulling multi ports when folks are stuck in a port battle.  We have a bunch of new guys wanting to play in shallow water, but they don't want to get jumped showing up to random battles with 3 vs 1 odds so the one small clan that was trying to play and do PB's stopped doing them.    It's US and Brits toxic nature with smaller nations that is hurting this server.

OH AND STOP RUNNING When you have the other team out number.  Just cause one person sinks doesn't mean your going to loose.   I'm sick of seeing nothing but the sterns of US and British ships in most battles.    Stop fitting your ships to run and learn to fight.  Take away those speed mods and you will be forced to fight and maybe just maybe win with those larger odds ya'll tend to get.

• Like 1

Oh get over the spy thing man...  People have alts in every nation out there so all you have to do is just keep your trap shut on nation chat and you can plan stuff.  To be frank with you I really don't know any one that has an US alt.   Some of us have them in our own nation and some have put them in the smaller ones to help them grow.

Who said anything about spies?

What YOU AND THE BRTIS needs to do is stop all these empty port battles.  You pop one port and we go to defend it you pull 4-5 more.  While we wait you take those ports.  We really only do have about 15-20 members in BLACK kicking two Nations butts in battles cause we are all ways on and work as a team.  All you guys do is making excuses why you keep loosing (and we don't count you taking an empty port battle a win).  There is a reason we show up at Regionals with 1st rates cause we can and aren't affraid to loose them.  We show up with the ships for the battles we are going to fight, but we aren't going to spread our self to 5 diffrent battles when we can make one stand and hopefully Brit/US shows up to the flags they pulled.   I heard tonight the Brits didn't want to show cause we brought "THE FIRST RATES" to a regional port.  In fact we brought them to the US flagged port too but no one showed (I think he ran when he spotted us as he was going to solo the port).  US and Brits are the two largest nations and even working together they can't beat 15-20 guys.   To be honest ya'll should be at war with each others and we should just be the thorn in every ones side.   Oh and now what's up with getting a few other natiosn to attack us on another fronts?  Again does it take 5 nations to beat 15-20 active players?   

As Loco said if you want to the help the server stop pulling multi ports when folks are stuck in a port battle.  We have a bunch of new guys wanting to play in shallow water, but they don't want to get jumped showing up to random battles with 3 vs 1 odds so the one small clan that was trying to play and do PB's stopped doing them.    It's US and Brits toxic nature with smaller nations that is hurting this server.

OH AND STOP RUNNING When you have the other team out number.  Just cause one person sinks doesn't mean your going to loose.   I'm sick of seeing nothing but the sterns of US and British ships in most battles.    Stop fitting your ships to run and learn to fight.  Take away those speed mods and you will be forced to fight and maybe just maybe win with those larger odds ya'll tend to get.

On your other comments, You guys don't even travel in groups sometimes, you spread out to try and defend all the ports that were pulled. Maybe you should pick one. You blame the USA saying this is zerging but there are other people playing this game that dont talk to other clans and you dont even realize it. You act as if the USA is out to wipe all nations off the board when in reality that BS is created by you guys and the limited port timer window.

Edited by koiz

Koiz sometimes its splitting up to see if we can tag the flag carrier to see if its real. Today you all said you coming to Saint Nic we waited but I guess you guys got scared of our first rates. You said pick a spot we did. You just dont make sense at all. You dont want a server merge yet you do nothing for its sustainability. 

You say you have other clans you dont talk to, then why blame us that Spain is getting hit. Us and Spain have been allies and helped them grow when US wouldnt help. More like your US alt clan is stirring the pot. Grow up Koiz. Kill the server mate.

US, Brit, Dutch, French agreed to wipe out Pirates. That is fact from Cordova telling someone the plan and they didnt agree to it.

I say bring it as long as you promise pvp and dont run. Im all down for it.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 1

On your other comments, You guys don't even travel in groups sometimes, you spread out to try and defend all the ports that were pulled. Maybe you should pick one. You blame the USA saying this is zerging but there are other people playing this game that dont talk to other clans and you dont even realize it. You act as if the USA is out to wipe all nations off the board when in reality that BS is created by you guys and the limited port timer window.

There was a "Pile of Pirates" who went to Saint-Nicholas last night. All ready/waiting for a fight to happen, but nothing came. Out of all those flags the US/Brits pulled last night I think only one turned into an actual port battle at Watling?

The current map means absolutely nothing anymore. New port mechanics and a reset are coming soon. This can't be stated enough and for some reason some of you guys in US/Great Britain can't seem to wrap your minds around it. Forget the stupid dots on the map and come fight. This whole grand strategy of trying to sucker us into spreading all over the map is asinine because it's wasting people's time.

I'm going to completely ignore PB's until the patch comes and brings in the reset and new unrest system. I've got better things to do with my game time.

• Like 3

Today you all said you coming to Saint Nic we waited but I guess you guys got scared of our first rates. You said pick a spot we did. You just dont make sense at all. You dont want a server merge yet you do nothing for its sustainability. 

US, Brit, Dutch, French agreed to wipe out Pirates. That is fact from Cordova telling someone the plan and they didnt agree to it.

Who is 'all said' No one went there no one cared about saint nic. Spain is getting hit by pirate alts, the only clan we dont speak to since they dont speak to us. Funny how they also run early hours too similar to some of the ex-spanish players and we know where those came from. Above all is the information leaking from your people about pirate plans.

Also check that ego, No one agreed to wipe out the pirates, we don't care about you and any idiot that thinks a nation can wipe out another clearly doesn't understand the games limits. On Cordova, keep playing the he said she said game, always worked well in the past.

So let me get this straight with you about Spain. US told Spain they would not give them ports under the small nation agreement. Spain came to Pirates and asked to switch alliance with US and be allied with us. We said ok we will help. We went there and got Spain their ports back with no help from US. In the process we BLACK clan went and screened numerous times for Spain when US flags were pulled on Spain. I even capped Halakala's Victory that was screening outside the port and Spain was defending the port 6v9 I think.

You know nothing about the lengths our clan has gone to protect Spain our ally and yet you throw it in our face to smear our clan. Even though the clan left who we were allied with we still go and protect Spain. We offered Corrientes to Spain and Cordova said no. Farkwulf said they want Pinar del Rio. The two biggest nations are so greedy yet they choose to blame one clan on a Pirate faction, yet we went out of our way to go help and we had to fight for a port to get close there to get a flag there. All in the mean while the US where crying that we wouldn't hold up our end. Guess what we did. You guys never have held up any agreement. Even the agreement on a pvp zone you broke that the next day.

Koiz mate we don't care. Port wipe is this month, who cares. We our clan have moved all our assets ready for wipe and we just want to pvp on a pvp server. You making these false claims is going to ruin people's gaming time.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight with you about Spain. US told Spain they would not give them ports under the small nation agreement. Spain came to Pirates and asked to switch alliance with US and be allied with us. We said ok we will help. We went there and got Spain their ports back with no help from US. In the process we BLACK clan went and screened numerous times for Spain when US flags were pulled on Spain. I even capped Halakala's Victory that was screening outside the port and Spain was defending the port 6v9 I think.

You know nothing about the lengths our clan has gone to protect Spain our ally and yet you throw it in our face to smear our clan. Even though the clan left who we were allied with we still go and protect Spain. We offered Corrientes to Spain and Cordova said no. Farkwulf said they want Pinar del Rio. The two biggest nations are so greedy yet they choose to blame one clan on a Pirate faction, yet we went out of our way to go help and we had to fight for a port to get close there to get a flag there. All in the mean while the US where crying that we wouldn't hold up our end. Guess what we did. You guys never have held up any agreement. Even the agreement on a pvp zone you broke that the next day.

Koiz mate we don't care. Port wipe is this month, who cares. We our clan have moved all our assets ready for wipe and we just want to pvp on a pvp server. You making these false claims is going to ruin people's gaming time.

Sadly you guys are the ones trying to pull the strings, say what you will but its clear what you guys are doing, trying to stir it up and blame it on the big old USA.

• Like 1