Game-Labs Forum

"Invisible Alliances"-bug

Anolytic

F11 report submitted 15:13 UTC

Today's server reset marked the end of a round of voting. From what I can see according to the Politics tab, none of the voting from last round went through. 
The History dropdown only shows from this round that two Votes failed to go through. It does not show the votes that went through. 
Danmark-Norge had an alliance with France that expired this round, so both factions voted to renew that alliance. Our alliance is now expired according to the politics tab, but not renewed. It does not either say in History that it did not go through.
However, Danmark-Norge players still have access to French Nation chat. When I check the Conquest tab I also still cannot see timers for French ports or buy flags against France. Afaik (though I haven't had time to sail out and check) we still cannot attack French vessels at sea.

From this I conclude that the alliance vote did go through, but the Politics screen is bugged so it is invisible there. The system works correctly, but the Alliance screen is bugged.
This has one graver consequence however. All random players of Danmark-Norge look at the politics tab and see that we have no alliance with France. In fact according to it we are enemies. They want to be allied with France, hence they vote for a new alliance with France. If the system worked properly they should not be able to vote to renew an alliance that was renewed just last round of voting (at least that is how it worked last time). The problem is that Danmark-Norge has an expiring alliance with Sweden running out next turn. Our vote for alliance with France will be nullified by the system anyway, and it would be in Danmark-Norge's interest and within the majority's intention to renew the alliance with Sweden this turn (assuming - based on earlier votes - that if France wasn't possible to vote for, as it shouldn't be, most players' next choice would be Sweden).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug report for devs:

Action:
Danmark-Norge (mutually) voted for France as Ally last round.
Voted for GB as War last round.

What happened:
France is showing as enemy in Politics screen, and voting for France as ally again is possible.
Also, war with Great Britain is listed as expiring in 0 days.

What should have happened:
France should be listed as Ally (expiring in 9 days).
France should not be possible to vote as Ally again this round.
France should not be listed as Enemy.
Great Britain should not be possible to vote as War target this round.
Great Britain - War should not be listed as expiring in 0 days.
History dropdown should be updated.

------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from fixing the bug, what is needed?: Reset all votes submitted so far this round, so that players can deliver their votes again with the right information and the proper limitations.

Q2VzYnNn.jpeg

TkxLdVpW.jpeg

NzQ4enB6.jpeg

it should fix itself after maintenance

(hopefully)

alliances work from maintenance to maintenance but in some rare cases if maintenance was moved for some reason (patch or hot fix) then it will last longer but not more than 1 day.

it should fix itself after maintenance

(hopefully)

alliances work from maintenance to maintenance but in some rare cases if maintenance was moved for some reason (patch or hot fix) then it will last longer but not more than 1 day.

Okay, thanks.

The only problem that still remains is a LOT of players voting against self interest because the Politics screen is misinforming them.

Hi again,

The bug did not get fixed by maintenance. The previous round of voting has not counted at all and any alliances voted for that round did not take. Same goes for wars. I think the alliance mechanics needs some patching, and that the planned change to make voting periods 1 week should be postponed till we have thoroughly tested the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless I am mistaken this round of voting was also invalidated and all votes delivered the round that ended last server reset has not been counted. If you look at History in the politics tab the only updates from 10/9 are Sverige/Spain alliance and Pirates failed to create alliance. I don't know how Spain/Sverige alliance was registered, but I am pretty sure France and Danmark was able to swing a vote for mutual alliance. Moreover no wars were registered this round.

F11 submitted.

EDIT: We still have the French chat, even though we are listed in the politics tab as enemies.