Game-Labs Forum

Port changes next content patch - September

If I have goods in a warehouse in a FreeTown that is becoming a Nation port  (Sunbury becomes a USA port)  are my goods and ships placed there at risk?

According to the map Sunbury doesn't become a US port. It will remain a Freetown. 

(not in the first patch anyway)

Edited by Anolytic

But this is a shit. All nations will have to declare war to Spain in order to get the ports. Spain will get no allies because of this.

Havent we learnt anything since January?

Much like last time this happened...  Just because you STAART with them doesn't mean you should be able to keep them...  Everyone will be stretched thin trying to hold areas..

• Like 1

Before you reset the ports and especially the free towns, please set the teleport to capital cooldown to 15m or something and allow us to attack smugglers again. 

If you don't it's gonna be a boring week long of no playing and only moving shit around...

This is extremely exciting...a new map...new mechanics....can we please have one of two things :

1) A FAQ so that we can move stuff around with 100% certainty

2) or do it like a server transfer...but transfer us to our own server and give us all our stuff as redemables...this would be a great idea for long term "seasonal resets"

Option 2 protects players AFK for a few weeks and makes it clean each time. Just Server Transfer us to ourselves and all is lubbly.

If for some reason you don't do option 2 (an idea so good I deserve a L'Ocean BP for it btw)....then questions for the FAQ

1) The new Port Battle Mechanic is in Yes/No

2) If you are in a Freetown...you do not have to move anything and it is all normally accessible Yes/No

3) If your in a town whose nation is NOT swapping then all your shizz is good Yes/No

4) If your in a neutral port in YOUR OWN Region then .... Y/N

5) If your in a neutral port in  NOT YOUR OWN Region then .... Y/N

6) If your in a Indepenant port in YOUR OWN Region then .... Y/N

7) If your in a Independant port in  NOT YOUR OWN Region then .... Y/N

8) The changes will be in effect on release date...as of that date you CANNOT recover stuff in a 'baddie' port Y/N

• Like 6

On the map there are two sizes of orange stars. The big orange stars seem to clearly indicate regional capitals. The smaller orange stars I am more unsure of. In some regions they are almost on top of the big star (i.e Margarita region), only a bit further in on land. In some regions they are far inland from the shore, like in La Vega region and Merida region for instance. Could you reveal what those stars indicate on the map? They have no corresponding yellow pixel, so I am not sure they even refer to ports/towns.

Also, what do the thick yellow lines indicate? Like the lines next to the ports Casigua and Piritu.

Can't await to transfer >20 ships to ehm where? Ah yes to Gustavia as this will be only port kept by Sweden? Oh damn, Gustavia parking ground is already occupied. Is that to force actual players of the sverige faction to buy more copies of the game in order to get more docking slots? :wacko::blink:

Despite of that there will be some new ports as it looks like. That is nice :)

Edited by Guest

Here in the USA September is all full of election circus to keep us off balance and now this .....

September is a long month - its like 30 days or something - is there any coherent guessing going on as to which ONE of those 29 or 30 days might be the day this goes live?

• Like 1

I can only speak for my personal expectations. I do not know the details of the mechanic.

For the Free Empire I advice we move everything into the closest Free Port. (Given that the Free Empire is everywhere, this doesn't really say anything. :ph34r::D )

The current known Free Ports should not be changing at all.

After the Regions kick in, we'll pick one or two for a 10-12 conflict zone and start kicking of the hostility counter.

(At least that's the idea for the 10-12 crew. :))

If no enemy will come to that zone, we'll see how fast we can capture it completely.

Should an enemy come to the zone, then we'll see how the PvP works out. :)

Meanwhile we will look at where to place shipyards. Maybe already at the conflict zone edge, maybe not. Given that at some point TP-ing of warships is going out the door.

As an individual Captain you can be part of as many timeslot crews as you want. Just make sure you have the appropriate Free Port outposts.

On the map there are two sizes of orange stars. The big orange stars seem to clearly indicate regional capitals. The smaller orange stars I am more unsure of. In some regions they are almost on top of the big star (i.e Margarita region), only a bit further in on land. In some regions they are far inland from the shore, like in La Vega region and Merida region for instance. Could you reveal what those stars indicate on the map? They have no corresponding yellow pixel, so I am not sure they even refer to ports/towns.

Also, what do the thick yellow lines indicate? Like the lines next to the ports Casigua and Piritu.

Small stars are the historical regional cities if they weren't on a coast. For example we can see Merida and Valladolid in Yucatan here: https://www.loc.gov/resource/g4390.ar174600/

Yellow lines are typos of an old draft.

• Like 2

Most importantly get your asses to the front lines, instead of wasting time trying to increase hostility in the non-capturable Capital regions. ;)

Safe those for last. :P

Edited by Skully

Admin stated in post #7 that free town will stay where they are until the October patch. So the only ports affected by the September patch are National ports and Pittstown, Therefore you can stay in freetowns. The risk is that they will be on the edges of national territory so risky to use - kind of like now. 

Problem is that a lot of free ports ARE actually marked in the map ALSO as national port, so things are not clear as you may suppose.

Small stars are the historical regional cities if they weren't on a coast. For example we can see Merida and Valladolid in Yucatan here: https://www.loc.gov/resource/g4390.ar174600/

Yellow lines are typos of an old draft.

Thanks!

Problem is that a lot of free ports ARE actually marked in the map ALSO as national port, so things are not clear as you may suppose.

The national port markings (i.e letter (B )) only indicate historical ownership. They don't mean ports will have that nationality.

Edited by Anolytic

Please take necessary action to reposition resources, ships, or outposts.

In October resource map will change requiring reset of production buildings. Some free towns will be repositioned. More detailed information on this will be posted later. 

By all means do this, but please increase the cap on the number of ships you can have in port (at least your capital) from 5 to 20-30 or so.

By all means do this, but please increase the cap on the number of ships you can have in port (at least your capital) from 5 to 20-30 or so.

Or - at least - create a drydock system in the capital city, as it was in POTBS

• Like 1

free towns will stay in the same place until october or maybe later.  We want free towns to be located on the borders of regions.

no time yet

safe until october content patch.

So does that mean places that are already on regional borders like Cape Canaveral and Key West will remain Free Towns, or are Free Towns to be dispensed with completely?