Game-Labs Forum

Port changes next content patch - September

Captains

Here is the new map of the region. Changes might happen but they will be minor. 

map removed (was too big causing problems loading)

Direct link. http://imgur.com/nLGhbW5

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. No other resets will be done. 

Pitt's town will change nation - if you have assets in Pitt's town - move them out.

Please take necessary action to reposition resources, ships, or outposts.

In October resource map will change requiring reset of production buildings. Some free towns will be repositioned. More detailed information on this will be posted later. 

• Like 24

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. 

This sentence goes a long way to clear up all of the most pressing concerns and questions I have about the regions system. Thanks!

Could we have a map symbols explanation? I know it was mostly cleared up last time, but would be nice to have it in the first post.

EDIT: I'll attempt to make one.

Map symbols:
Orange lines: Region outlines
Red circle: Capital
Orange star: Regional Capital  (1st rate port battle)
Yellow pixel: Port location
Yellow line: Port entrance with direction of inlet
Blue circle: Shallow water port
White line(on blue circle): inlet to shallow water port
White circle: Freetown
Green line underneath name: New Ports
Striketrough text: Pacific ports not open until release

Map letters: (Indicates historical ownership)
N: Neutral
P: Pirate
D: Danish
S: Spanish
W: Swedish
UP: Dutch
B: British
F: French
US: United States
I: Indian/Native

USC: US Capital
SC: Spanish Capital
DC: Danish Capital
WC: Swedish Capital
UPC: Dutch Capital
FC: French Capital
BC: British Capital
B - PC: Pirate Capital, historically British
B - NC: Neutral Capital, historically British
UPRC: Dutch Regional Capital
SRC: Spanish Regional Capital
FRC: French Regional Capital
BRC: British Regional Capital

Some of the regional capitals don't have the label for it, only the Star symbol, like Islamorada, Road Town, Basse-Terre, Roseau, Savanna la Mar, Pointe-a-Pitre and so on. Is this an oversight, or does it indicate something I didn't pick up on?
Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 2

Are there still free ports or do US have to move everything back to US ports to start?  Sorry, wasnt around for previous resets...

free towns will stay in the same place until october or maybe later.  We want free towns to be located on the borders of regions.

ETA of the patch please?

no time yet

Are our assets safe in free ports or do we have to take them out too ?

safe until october content patch.

• Like 3

Some free towns will be repositioned. More detailed information on this will be posted later. 

I have outposts in five Free Towns, I am assuming I will not lose Outposts, that only their position will change.

Is this correct ?

Thanks.

EDIT : Just read above Admin post.

Edited by Captain Boneboys

Although there is no ETA, which I understand,  it may be useful to have a date by which the patch definitely won't have arrived yet.  E.g, let us know that we have at least until September xth to move our ships, although the patch may end up being later.

Changes look exciting.

Looks exciting.  ;)    Just to clarify, if we have production buildings in any port which will change hands, we need to remove those buildings prior to the patch, or else lose them and all their uncrafted product?

And agree, can you please provide a map legend?

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. 

I'm assuming that this does not apply to the region Läöarna, with the Swedish Capital in it, where some of the ports of that region did not historically belong to Sweden (half actually). 

I'm more wondering about the case of some other regions:

Virgin Islands, where all ports are British, except the new town Hat Island which is neutral. Will the region start British or neutral?

San Juan (region), where all ports are Spanish, except Pasaje. Will the region spawn Spanish or Neutral?

Look at PvE server ports and then move your econ accordingly asap. For US players,  Charleston (and ports around it) is the best safe Econ hub. When reset happens we will have Spain at our doorsteps knocking with all they got. 

I advise US fleet to increase patrols around Free Ports and expect Spain to start relocating their fleet during the night. 

If US leaders have any questions please PM me. 

1st US front line will look like this:

TBdf0Nw.jpg

Guess you have to stop using free ports as ship building since all your stuff gets will get removed.

What I understood is that in September patch goods and ships stocked in free ports will just stay there (regardless the new nationality/neutrality of the region they are included in), while they will have to be moved before October patch.

Can the Devs confrim?

Edited by victor

What I understood is that in September patch goods and ships stocked in free ports will just stay there (regardless the new nationality/neutrality of the region they are included in), while they will have to be moved before October patch.

Can the Devs confrim?

I think they will. Same as when port gets captured and once you go outside you can't enter it anymore. This will be risky because you will end up in enemy territory and will get ganked when you hop out. It's recommended to move all your ships and Econ to your Nation starting ports. 

I think they will. Same as when port gets captured and once you go outside you can't enter it anymore. This will be risky because you will end up in enemy territory and will get ganked when you hop out. It's recommended to move all your ships and Econ to your Nation starting ports. 

Let alone the ship building problem, what would be the purpose of free ports if you could not use them as trade bases regardless the current ownership of the region they belong to?

Moreover: free ports are now used by lone wolfs to make incursions deep into enemy territories (with warships of course). Will this be impossible with September patch?

So, in short: please DEVs state clearly which will be the status of the free ports when september patch hits.

- can we still have outpost there?

- can we enter with warships in them or just with traders with smuggler flag on if they are neutral?

- can we enter with warships in them or just with traders with smuggler flag on if they are owned by other countries?

Edited by victor

1) lots of harbors have a white circle ( = free town) but still a nationality ???

eg La Tortue is both free town and French, how is that supposed to work ?

2) where is one supposed to dock their ships ? I have on PvE server 19 ships + 5 for fleet, just to dock them would require me to build an outpost in all Dutch harbors on PvE

3) most crafters on PvE server have their expensive lvl 3 shipyards in free towns to facilitate ship trades, will the price for shipyards and buildings be reimbursed ?

sry, but this patch somehow seems rather weird from a PvE point of view...

1) lots of harbors have a white circle ( = free town) but still a nationality ???

This is the most important point to clarify. Will the actual nationality/neutrality status of the port prevail on its freeport status or not? 

Captains

Here is the new map of the region. Changes might happen but they will be minor. 

Direct link. http://imgur.com/nLGhbW5

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. No other resets will be done. 

Pitt's town will change nation - if you have assets in Pitt's town - move them out.

So here you give those that have mixed noone gets but if a nation even if it is not the same that owns a aria gives them away to history owners..

better is don't give it to the  historic owner and all arias gets neutral. or all goes back to historical. not something propitiate.

Let alone the ship building problem, what would be the purpose of free ports if you could not use them as trade bases regardless the current ownership of the region they belong to?

Moreover: free ports are now used by lone wolfs to make incursions deep into enemy territories (with warships of course). Will this be impossible with September patch?

So, in short: please DEVs state clearly which will be the status of the free ports when september patch hits.

- can we still have outpost there?

- can we enter with warships in them or just with traders with smuggler flag on if they are neutral?

- can we enter with warships in them or just with traders with smuggler flag on if they are owned by other countries?

so how am i supposed to fit all my ships into 1 town if i cant use free towns?

Admin stated in post #7 that free town will stay where they are until the October patch. So the only ports affected by the September patch are National ports and Pittstown, Therefore you can stay in freetowns. The risk is that they will be on the edges of national territory so risky to use - kind of like now. 

Some of the regional capitals don't have the label for it, only the Star symbol, like Islamorada, Road Town, Basse-Terre, Roseau, Savanna la Mar, Pointe-a-Pitre and so on. Is this an oversight, or does it indicate something I didn't pick up on?

Don't rely on the yellow name specificities, those are outdated stuff. Only the orange indications give infos about the regions. More info will be given before the reset about the region ownerships.

Eeerr...  this is getting confusing.

Are ports that are presently Neutral or Free becoming national ports as implied by the (B ), (F), (S)....  on the map?  If that is not the case then why are some ports with an "I"? 

Edited by TaranisPrime

eg La Tortue is both free town and French, how is that supposed to work ? 

Eeerr...  this is getting confusing.

Are ports that are presently Neutral or Free becoming national ports as implied by the (B ), (F), (S)....  on the map?  If that is not the case then why are some ports with an "I"? 

The names in parenthesis are historical ownership. It doesn't mean that those ports will go to that nation. Maybe it will somehow affect trade, culture or AI fleet composition from there (like currently historically French ports gets French AI fleets if owned by Pirates or neutral). If a port is both Free Town and historically British, then it will stay a Free Town.

Also: what are (i) towns ?

It has previously been stated that (I) towns are towns that historically were owned/operated by Natives/Indians.

Don't rely on the yellow name specificities, those are outdated stuff. Only the orange indications give infos about the regions. More info will be given before the reset about the region ownerships.

Ok. Thanks!

Your guys have me raised a doubt.

Will we have only the capital after this port reset?

Does this means that if Jamaica is under british control it will remain british after patch?

It will be pretty much like the last reset of the map/server. Spain will start with by far the most ports/regions.

Some nations, like Danmark-Norge and Sverige, will start with only their capital region, meaning their capital plus the ports in that single region.

Portownership at the time of reset will not matter (which is the reason for dev calling conquest meaningless until patch and suggesting duel week).

Port ownership will be reset to historical (IRL) ownership - except where map regions contain ports that were historically mixed ownership, which will then be neutral regions.

Britain will own Jamaica after reset whether they own all ports there at the time of reset or not.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1