Game-Labs Forum

Question on alliances

Seems that voting and alliance set up systems are working well

Should we increase voting times and alliances length to the intended long times?

Current voting 3 days

Current alliance length 9 days

Final voting 1 week

Final alliance length 3 weeks

Should we also allow 3 alliances instead of current 2?

• Like 4

I think maintaining at 2 max increases balance , allowing 3 would too naturally drive us to a 2 sides scenario.

But then  should be  voting 1 week,  alliance length 2 weeks ,  as otherwise (not multiple) could leave with strange results

• Like 1

3 day voting does not take into account all players who logs in once a week (on weekdays for example)

Very true, i personally could go up to 4, but voting that would take a week to ratify would just not keep up pace with the ongoing ingame diplomacy.

Albeit that quick voting prevents some people from voting, It allows for flexibility.

We ended up in a two-side scenario even without any in-game alliances, so it seems like that's where we will end up regardless of limitations, which is unfortunate but appears to be unavoidable because of...people.

Since limiting it just provides yet another advantage for larger nations I'd say 3.

As for length, 1 week of voting and 2 weeks duration seems appropriate to keep things malleable enough - prior to in-game diplomacy things could turn on a dime, hope we wont lose that by having to wait for several weeks for things to change.

PS. As others have mentioned, neutral status would also be neat.

Edited by Guest

length of alliance must divide into length of voting

the ratio = Length of alliance/Length of voting = determines how many alliances the side could have

So if voting is 1 week and alliance is 3 weeks - nation can only have 2 alliances because they will have to revote every 2 weeks.

What we were asking is this:

Should we go to long alliances already or we should stay on short ones for 1-2 more weeks.

what happend inf a nation that got 2 alliances vote for a third one? Does it change the older alliance? As french we would love to ally with dans and spain and sweden on pvp1. Sadly it's not posible atm

it could be possible if alliance length is increased from 9 days (3 weeks new system) to 12 days (4 weeks new system)

I would say make them longer. It gives players and especially casuals more time to set up shop in different areas with their new alliance partners.

Also it is just interesting to see what it will do with the world map. Right now we have short time alliances and they are most frutile if they get renewed, but fact of the matter is you do not know that upfront. With an extra week or two it might smoothen things out naturally.

• Like 1

Final voting 1 week

Final alliance length 3 weeks.

2 allies.

Sounds just rigth. No need for bigger allies.

1+2 allies and 1+2 = 6 nations can already fight together 1 nation, if they wanted.

assumption: Shorter system will soon "piss off" players.

• Like 1

assumption: Shorter system will soon "piss off" players.

the reason for shorter system is in patchnotes 

players are testing it now. 

if testing pisses off players - well. how do we test then in the open development?

I agree.  It seems to be working well...

I vote for 1 week/ 3 weeks.

Now, can we test that tagging system you mentioned a week ago with the small tag circle and large pull circle with no join timer??  PLEAAAAAAASE?

• Like 1

About amount of allies. Depends what u prefer? 2 blocks? Or 3?
If two, you can allow 3 allies but still imo 2 will be better.

If you look for three powerblocks i would go for 1 ally.

Also we need neutral status between nations.

It`s simply allow to attack eachother in open world but dont allow us to craft flags ( engange conquest in new rvr mechanic ) against each other.

Atm there is no difference between having someone in war and not. Thats bad.

Also 1 week for voting and 1 month for alliance.

Edited by Leku

the reason for shorter system is in patchnotes 

players are testing it now. 

if testing pisses off players - well. how do we test then in the open development?

Alright, thats true.

Well, then keep it. My "assumption" is not a suggestion, rather as "hypothesis"

(or a desperate try to imitate Greek mythological prophet Cassandra)

Sure, test until players complain. But, not sure IF they complain.

So, you need to test. (and I guess that s a tricky task to find out what´s most liked...)

Maybe, you track participating / voting numbers and "normalize" them with players logging in...

No idea...

Edited by Wilson09

7 days voting

4 week alliance

2 allies

this is not posible ...if I am not doing math wrong....  the ratio between days voting and days allied must be = max-number-of-allies + 1.  (so if 2 max allies 1/3 not 1/4 as in your example)

otherwise you have a useless vote period......as long as we can not beak an alliance