Game-Labs Forum
SteelSandwich

Alliances - Feedback topic

Blkmgc    27

The biggest problem is is that this system is to easily manipulated by larger clans.Dont get me wrong, clans themselves can be a good thing. But when voting in allies , the larger clans can make back door deals and use the system to achieve their goals. These goals may not be in the best interest of a nation as a whole. Since there are many active clans on each nation, my suggestion would be that each clan (with 5 or more members) only have one vote war and ally as a group made by the clans creator, and that vote is then in turn reported to every one in the clan via the clan interface. This way if a creator does not vote what the clan as a whole wants then they can squabble among themselves to settle it. But the point being is that there would be a broader , and better, representation of what a whole nation wants instead of what one big clan wants. When the voting opens , the active clans have say 24-48 hrs to get their vote in. The ones who aren't active , chances are they'll miss it anyways.

Edited by Blkmgc

Teutonic    1,054

The biggest problem is is that this system is to easily manipulated by larger clans.Dont get me wrong, clans themselves can be a good thing. But when voting in allies , the larger clans can make back door deals and use the system to achieve their goals. These goals may not be in the best interest of a nation as a whole. Since there are many active clans on each nation, my suggestion would be that each clan (with 5 or more members) only have one vote war and ally as a group made by the clans creator, and that vote is then in turn reported to every one in the clan via the clan interface. This way if a creator does not vote what the clan as a whole wants then they can squabble among themselves to settle it. But the point being is that there would be a broader , and better, representation of what a whole nation wants instead of what one big clan wants. When the voting opens , the active clans have say 24-48 hrs to get their vote in. The ones who aren't active , chances are they'll miss it anyways.

I have been on both sides of the table on this.

On one hand you have the biggest clans controlling the diplomacy in a way, which I am not against.

On the other hand those same big clans or alts of players can make it so a nation, IF they wanted to, has no chance of having a "true" enemy. You can manipulate the voting to always have the same allies and enemies or stop other factions within your nation from doing what they want.

I was a big supporter of adding the Alliances into the game, like I wanted nothing more then for the Devs to do it so that I could support my friends in a different nation in their Port Battles and OW more effectively. The alliance implemenation in the game was sound, but  I don't like how it has played out.

In truth, alliances added 2 things. 1 - so that we can enter each others ports without issue and 2 - so that we can support/enter into each others Port Battles. We were already able to enter OW PvP and overall Clans from differing nations agreed not to hit each other and understood that there are some privateers and players who do not agree. It just came with the territory. Honestly....I kind of want to go back to that :(.

the port reset patch boasts that it'll update the alliances/war portion, so I am most interested what exactly that will entail.

Only thing I don't like about this system is being forced to vote negative the same number of times as positive. If I have 12 votes, I should have only 12 votes to place precisely how I want them each time. The up and down buttons should always be available for every nation. Not a back and forth system that has blackouts after rounds.

Loco Bandito    543

What about the guys who log on from other servers just to vote to influence the vote?

I still think voting should be worked for so alts don't interfere. Make it off PvP kills or fleet mission kills. X amount kills credits you tokens you can trade for votes? 10 tokens max per week or something. This will limit people using alts as this will force people to be active?

Teutonic    1,054

originally I believe it was going to be based off participation in port battles and controlling "land" on top of the base votes we get. so everyone had a vote, but if players fought in port battles, they would get more votes

Hello Gents,

I understood the idea was to make 3 blocks of alliances. As this is a game based on historical principes, and the playerbase that is interessted in these kind of games often have historical knowledge about the timeframe this game is about. It's logical that the alliances turn out to be alliances based on historical foundation. Which mean British faction will be opposite of France and Spain. Trafalgar battle being the biggest battle historical in the frame of this game, where these naval powers met in battle with the ships in the game. So the possibility of France being allied with British nation will become small. As is now the reality.

It makes the game and the group of gamers start to become polarized in their way of thinking to one and another if playing for a certain nation/faction. An option would have been to add more nations, so there would be more options. But that would mean you need to lose a bit of the historical frame and reality.

I think i the situation atm, there will be no changes in alliances in the near future. It has been stabilized. So didn't think it worked out the way the Dev's had it in mind.

Chijohnaok    475

This may have been raised before, (perhaps by Sea Archer on September 12) but I must ask again "Why can't you vote to renew an alliance even if the term of the existing one is still 14 days?"

The United States voted Britain as an ally.  A week later we voted the Dutch as an ally.

Then we came to a point where we could not revote the British as an ally until  the alliance lapsed.

Now we vote the British back in as an ally but in the meantime, the alliance with the Dutch will lapse, meaning that for a second week in a row the United States will be without one or the other of its allies.

Sea Archer's post was three months ago, and here we are still going through the same issue.  

PIerrick de Badas    1,121

Alliance feedback.

I don't have vote for alliance for ages as thé last Time i didn't have any choice.

Or could be great tout test n'est thins on future PvP Europe like 3 personne alliance max.

Karpfanger    62

... because all nations in history had alliances ... we aren't playing as pirates ...

@devs: make it easyer to change alliances pls ... but bring it back into the game

1 hour ago, Jœrnson said:

Why?

Because of the smaller nations. And I want to know my enemy and my friends. Dont like this shitty chaos without ally system. But there should be more options, not only enemy or friend like suggested in several other posts.

Aegir    1,670

Usually the friend is the one who doesn't shoot at you ^_^

Quite like it without alliances, if it's brought back to it oughta be exclusive to low-pop nations and no-one else.

Farrago    309

While it's nifty to be able to join an ally's port battle or have him join yours if needed the alliance system caused more problems and restrictions than it was worth. Every solution I've heard seemed too exploitable, too inflexible, or causes the game to stagnate. So, barring some sort of really improved system, I prefer our current player negotiated version of alliances.

Uilleam    36

Bring them back please.  People are resorting to making ad hoc alliances now as it is, both to avoid PVP while rebuilding ships, and to have PVP when ready.  Might as well have an official way to do this, as it causes a lot of hate and discontent if you accidentally attack someone you're not supposed to...even though you didn't know...