Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.94 - Alliances, New ships, New features.

I like the idea that certain BP's are exclusive and hard to come by, but I agree with you. It should not be THAT exclusive... Give a drop chance when finding a wreck, or with some special missions that will be available to anyone at any time, or as a reward of a long and difficult quest chain. Not on dev or gm arranged events only.

I'm ok with the fact that some BP's might be hard to come by, it was so in february when you had to craft a lot of ships in order to have a real chance of getting a BP (such as the renomée, and navy brig, at the time). My concern is more for the pve server, since we have no pvp, we have less chances to get a rare BP. Maybe it could be some events, maybe it couls be after wining a battle against a challenging npc fleet (based on the BR difference for example to define how challenging it is). I hope you see what i mean. Note that i'm not speaking for the PvP side of the game, since i'm a PvE player only. I know that some things can't be applied to the pvp servers because it would ruin the game, that's why i'm asking if we can hope to see different "rules" or contents for the PvE. I really believe it could attract new players, wich want to play on a more relaxed, casual or i don't know what way.

. My concern is more for the pve server, since we have no pvp, we have less chances to get a rare BP. 

U'mm why exactly do you need the top upgrades for fighting pve, especially boarding parties?  AI ships are so ridiculously stupid and easy to board as is.  They will happily trade broadsides, with you graping the crew to zero, and are entirely predictable.

I just don't see why the devs should spend time worrying about "balance" on the PvE server, when really your not fighting against anyone so any appearance of balance is just a facade.

U'mm why exactly do you need the top upgrades for fighting pve, especially boarding parties?  AI ships are so ridiculously stupid and easy to board as is.  They will happily trade broadsides, with you graping the crew to zero, and are entirely predictable.

I just don't see why the devs should spend time worrying about "balance" on the PvE server, when really your not fighting against anyone so any appearance of balance is just a facade.

That's because you're not a PvE player, and i am a PvE player. that's why i only ask it for the PvE server. i don't say "that thing is useless because i don't play that gamestyle". And i only ask to do so on the pve server, it would have no impact on the pvp. Why is there always denigration from a pvp player when a pve player ask for the pve server if something is do-able ?

Edit: And i don't want the top upgrades. i'm more interested in BP's and labor contracts actually. And if possible the ability to craft all the upgrades, with maybe a lot more materials than usual to craft the best of them.

Edited by Anarcke
  • Like 1

That's because you're not a PvE player, and i am a PvE player. that's why i only ask it for the PvE server. i don't say "that thing is useless because i don't play that gamestyle". And i only ask to do so on the pve server, it would have no impact on the pvp. Why is there always denigration from a pvp player when a pve player ask for the pve server if something is do-able ?

Edit: And i don't want the top upgrades. i'm more interested in BP's and labor contracts actually. And if possible the ability to craft all the upgrades, with maybe a lot more materials than usual to craft the best of them.

So you want the same drop rate and access in PvE as PvP, even though the whole point of the extra drop rates and availability is to encourage and reward PvP play?

Sorry, but I think a part of the trade off you accept by of not participating in the entire experience, PvP included, is to not participate in the entire experience, PvP REWARDS included.

It's not denigration of PvE players to expect them to live with the benefits and DRAWBACKS of making that choice. What you are doing is asking them to add in bonus mechanics to compensate for drawback caused by your election to not participate in one of the core aspects of the game, while continuing to benefit from the missing components that could cause you set backs (loss of ports/supply lines, etc).

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

So what is the point of having a PvE server? And, what soulhd you say is something that isn't what you want is implemented in the pvp server, be it PvE oriented or not? You would "burn it in flame" (don't know if that's the saying), like every time a non pvp oriented thing is done. I'm just talking for the pve server, so i don't understand why you do even care, if you play pvp.

• Like 1

I really dont get people who play a pvp server and then cry about things like ganking...especially in a naval combat age of sail sim...with pirates as a faction..there is a pve server for you play there if you have an issue with "ganking not being pvp"...can barely even type that with a straight face