1. 1. Coward perk - allowing

• Should stay
    • Should be removed
    • Should receive a morale penalty or other penalty
  2. 2. Control perk - allowing distance based exit timer

• should stay
    • should be removed
    • should replace current hit based exit timer
  3. 3. Safe battle result screen (allowing staying in the results forever)

• Ship should only be safe in port - battle result screen should drop the player to OW in 5 mins
    • Should stay as it is allowing life to go on
    • Should send you to the nearest port if you stay there for longer than X mins
  4. 4. Invisibility on exit

• Invisibility should be brought back to allow repositioning after the battle
    • No invisibility

Kanay    632

I love the no tp cooldown, excellent for micromanagement. Some complain about it. So I'm just saying if cooldown is brought back, please no more than 30 min.

What i said was about this feature in the pool that is basically a tp from BS result to a safe port ,  not about tp from outposts to outpost (even if i'd like to see some cooldown there too but yeah 30mn)   : 

Safe battle result screen (allowing staying in the results forever) : Should send you to the nearest port if you stay there for longer than X mins

What are the other problems we missed that bother you?

Change Tack Circle: Tacking Ships behind you: impossible or much closer. Because this is a big problem espacially in combination für BS camping/logout

Edited by Sven Silberbart

Prater    5,325

Battle screen should never be done away with.  If people have to log off, they have to log off.  Battle campers (revenge gankers), need to get to the fight prior if they want to take part.  Otherwise people who want to log off will be griefed the entire way back to port, which may take several hours, considering a battle can last 90 minutes.

Anne Wildcat    1,300

No! Kills pirates, privateers, traders, shipbuilders that use smuggler, ....

Sorry Kanay, misread. Thought you were against tp'ing between Freetowns all together. My fault.

Siegfried    850

Both perks erased (and all perks BTW). Perks make this game gear based and not skill. In no time will be only one ideal perk and upgrade combo that all people must to use or die and the perk system will be a false feature.

Post battle screen stay. When someone exit from battle people must to assume the other guy would loged off or camping. This way you never will waste your time awaiting for someone who never will back

No invisibility is more realistic.

akd    2,622

I would never play your game again if you force players from end battle screen to OS. I don't care if you send to port, or give massive penalties (can't join / can't attack) when rejoining OS after long wait in end battle screen, but if you give no choice but to lose or fight multiple 90 minute battles, then viability of the game is done.

I can't believe you are even opening such a crucial, PvP-only factor to a community vote. There is a substantial set of PvE-only and port-hugging, mostly-PvE players that will only engage in PvP as part of an overwhelming revenge fleet in the community that can vote forced exit for their own benefit without ever experiencing the consequences.

Also control perk "should replace current hit based exit timer" does not make sense without further modification. If all players could simply leave instantly as soon as they are 500m+ from an enemy, OS combat would be mostly impossible. It only makes sense if control is added to timer, i.e. cannot exit until XXXm from enemy, then 2 min no damage timer.

OlavDeng2    1,500

Regarding the end screen, I disagree with being put into battle since people dont necesarilly have the time. If you for whatever reason while sailing to port before logging off you meet an enemy ship, you fight it out and you win or escape, i think it would be within your right to log out instead of just being put back in the open world and spend another x amount of time trying to get away while you have to go.

TommyShelby    3,166

I agree with Olav and the others when it comes to BattleScreen. 

About Control perk. 

I would like a 4th option!

- Control perk in combination with hit based system should be implemented.

I think that is the best option :) 

Sire Trinkof    113

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15680-battle-timer-entering-exiting-battle-pvp-ow/

(more details there on my proposition)

My Main concern is : We have actually a lot of battles, all of them can be refered as gank, all in the same spot of OW (so very unrealistic) If all those people were in the same battle, the fight could be ten time more fun, and less "ganky" so : 

Battle should stay opened longer (like forever....)

Spawn location of enemies entering the circle before they join should be displayed in battle with a fake sails on the horizon white or red

There should be a timer before you can join a battle depending on the battle rating difference (disdvanatges, reinforcement will be able to enter shortly ... and the opposite)

The later you join, the farer you spawn, regardless of your postion in the battle circle in OW

Circle should be 5 time larger than now, and joining circle should be a "safe area" 

-> Why not go back to only one circle, larger (instead of now one by side), but the circle is "safe zone", and the joining of a battle automatic (player draged to instance, with timer depending of battle rating inside, and spawn location depending of the already elapsed tie of battle

Leaving a battle spawn you in the battle circle in OW, so safe zone, no attack or battle dragging, and circle stays 4 minutes after battle ends, leaving the opportunity to teleport to capital, but being seen by enemies. 

With this option player should be forced out of Battle screen, if they do not have their teleport ready ... well they should have prepared more :)

Edited by Sire Trinkof

Prater    5,325

We already did open ended battles.  They don't work.  Trust me.  Everyone within 60 minutes of the battle will hurry there or use teleports to get there.  Gank squads can spread out to cover more ground and find juicer targets and targets all by themselves.  People will hide in port or in battles against the AI or use smuggler so they can set up the perfect gank and the victims don't know they are there.

Sire Trinkof    113

We already did open ended battles.  They don't work.  Trust me.  Everyone within 60 minutes of the battle will hurry there or use teleports to get there.  Gank squads can spread out to cover more ground and find juicer targets and targets all by themselves.

Well I was there at this time and .... the actual system works no better :) we wtill have the same amount of ganks .... nothing changed much... Instead of having a 20 vers 5 , we have sometime several 1vs 4 at the exact same OW location .... the 20vs 5 at least give sometime a sense of epicness ;)

We have to bring something which make people to fight rather than flee, hide and run. 

I must admit, as much as I love the game, I spent 250 hours   in it (since I installed it back after a full year of break, 500 or 600 hours total), and sadly I start to be really bored ...  Finding a good PVP fight seem much less likely than finding a sealed bottle ... Sad no ?

Edited by Sire Trinkof

The Red Duke    6,298

Coward. I can see it being useful but it has no downside. Maybe it requires something.

Control. Should stay. It is the gamble versus Coward. Such is life at the high seas.

Battle results screen. Not even a doubt that life must go on, so many apologies if some of you spend the day and night in front of the screen. If anything "logoff option plus 5 minutes timeout" on the screen would make everyone happy.

I came to love the no Invisibility. So it is fine for me as it is.

Coward Perk....don't like it, but I think could stay with some penalties.

Control Perk...like that mechanic but not as a perk...it should replace current system to keep enemy tagged in instances.

Battle Result Screen...people should be not allowed to stay there forever...5 minutes (we could discuss a time between 5 and 10 minutes max) and you should be back in OW. In that case it would be good to bring invisibility back to give a captain a little bit of time to organize his escape. Just my two cents :);)

akd    2,622

we have sometime several 1vs 4 at the exact same OW location

There are a lot of people who sail on OS with poor situational awareness. This, rather than RoE, generates most "ganks" (but in my opinion 4 vs. trader or 4 versus SoL is not a "gank").

.... the 20vs 5 at least give sometime a sense of epicness ;)

No it doesn't.

Prater    5,325

Well I was there at this time and .... the actual system works no better :) we wtill have the same amount of ganks .... nothing changed much... Instead of having a 20 vers 5 , we have sometime several 1vs 4 at the exact same OW location .... the 20vs 5 at least give sometime a sense of epicness ;)

The actual system is 1000x better, because you can get 1v1s and fair fights.  The old system you could not.  If you want open ended fights, you need to do away with time compression.  So everyone travels at real time instead of 75x faster.  It will take several hours to go between Martinique and Guadalupe.

Sire Trinkof    113

There are a lot of people who sail on OS with poor situational awareness. This, rather than RoE, generates most "ganks" (but in my opinion 4 vs. trader or 4 versus SoL is not a "gank").

On this we agree, privateering should not be seen as a gank 

Wraith    1,348

I would have to agree with much of the general commentary.  Keep battle screen logoff an option but implement on-screen indicator for ships in battle screen with a 5 minute auto-logoff timer. When someone logs off the indicator disappears letting people who got to the battle late or exited know that there's no one left to fight.  When logging back on, the indicator reappears and you cannot leave the battle screen for 5 minutes... This is the penalty for logging off, essentially giving away that there are enemies in the area and alerting anyone to either prepare to fight or run.

As far as Control Perk goes, I think that the combination of hit based outside of some threshold distance, and non-hit, distance-based within the distance threshold should be the standard.

The two circle battle join is dumb and limiting strategically.  An expanding, "doughnut"-shaped battle join area should be the standard since the rate it expands could be related to OW sailing speed/compression vs. battle, and it would do away with your need to estimate join locations and whether you pop on land, since where you join in OW will relate 1:1 with where you spawn in battle.

Sire Trinkof    113

The actual system is 1000x better, because you can get 1v1s and fair fights.  The old system you could not.  If you want open ended fights, you need to do away with time compression.  So everyone travels at real time instead of 75x faster.  It will take several hours to go between Martinique and Guadalupe.

This is why, in my suggestion (link in my post) I suggest to force battle sails into the circle in OW, to slow down incoming opponents, as well as tha battle rating ratio having a huge influence on the time you will have to wait before entering. 

...as well as marking the spawning point of a joining player in battle instance few minutes before he spawns

... as well as the distance of the spwn point depending of the time elapsed. 

We had none of those back in the days of the endless opened battles

But yes : I fully agree, the main problem with ROE are and have always been the time compression

Edited by Sire Trinkof

Prater    5,325

I would have to agree with much of the general commentary.  Keep battle screen logoff an option but implement on-screen indicator for ships in battle screen with a 5 minute auto-logoff timer. When someone logs off the indicator disappears letting people who got to the battle late or exited know that there's no one left to fight.  When logging back on, the indicator reappears and you cannot leave the battle screen for 5 minutes... This is the penalty for logging off, essentially giving away that there are enemies in the area and alerting anyone to either prepare to fight or run.

As far as Control Perk goes, I think that the combination of hit based outside of some threshold distance, and non-hit, distance-based within the distance threshold should be the standard.

The two circle battle join is dumb and limiting strategically.  An expanding, "doughnut"-shaped battle join area should be the standard since the rate it expands could be related to OW sailing speed/compression vs. battle, and it would do away with your need to estimate join locations and whether you pop on land, since where you join in OW will relate 1:1 with where you spawn in battle.

The problem with this is those who are on the outside can maneuver for optimum position in fast time while those in battle are going off real time.

Wraith    1,348

The problem with this is those who are on the outside can maneuver for optimum position in fast time while those in battle are going off real time.

Maybe you missed the expansion to keep pace with time compression bit?

Prater    5,325

Maybe you missed the expansion to keep pace with time compression bit?

What I am saying is that someone can sail through the circle to get to the other side.

Wraith    1,348

To expand, the whole point is to allow for strategic positioning.  If we have ships converging on a pirate raiding party from N and S, why should the northern fleet sail all the way to a battle join circle on the southern side of the battle?  Furthermore, why shouldn't you be able to join a battle from the other side of an island if that's where you're coming from and sail around it, potentially trapping a ship attempting to escape? All of this would be achieved with a tuned, expanding join area.