1. 1. Coward perk - allowing

• Should stay
    • Should be removed
    • Should receive a morale penalty or other penalty
  2. 2. Control perk - allowing distance based exit timer

• should stay
    • should be removed
    • should replace current hit based exit timer
  3. 3. Safe battle result screen (allowing staying in the results forever)

• Ship should only be safe in port - battle result screen should drop the player to OW in 5 mins
    • Should stay as it is allowing life to go on
    • Should send you to the nearest port if you stay there for longer than X mins
  4. 4. Invisibility on exit

• Invisibility should be brought back to allow repositioning after the battle
    • No invisibility

Captains lets discuss the Rules of engagement 

From what we see in your reports there are the main problems currently

1) Ships camping in battle result screens or when logged off.

2) No invisibility on exit. That allows revenge ganks to cast a net around the battle spot and sink you on exit. Because you have no control and do not see what is going on outside of the instance you cannot make a decision forcing you to stay in the battle results increasing the problem of camping battle result screens.

3) Entry circles eliminating the need to sail in a organized force (you will still spawn in one place even if you were far away when the battle started

4) Coward perk is letting people have a safe pass in some situations.

What are the other problems we missed that bother you?

Invisibility itself related to bs screen sitting. I want admit, sending ship to nearest port is pretty fail step, bc lot of pvp in game happens far from homewaters, one side of battle belong, or even far from neutral ports. Bs outside camping in that case will be pressing to forced teleport away and time waste for sailing back

Make distance of reinforcement entry to battle time related. 1000 times said

Edited by Amonacc

Make distance of reinforcement entry to battle time related. 1000 times said

This is possible but it creates a lot of problems with land if battles are close to land

one of the sides will then never receive reinforcements if circle moves into land over time 

the alternative is to use the Battlefield squad spawn system and spawn ship 200 m away from the most distant ships in the instance 

but still it could create cases when your ship can be dropped on land

another drastic solution is to remove land from OW battles and only keep land in coastal battles or in port battles. Then we can bring back normal time/distance based spawns that existed before the land in battles introduction 

Очень бы хотелось выход из боя в том месте куда проплыл в бою а не в стартовой точке.

п.с.

с перками всё нормально, они работают на обе стороны

The entry timer of 2 minutes is too short. The defender side (or the ganked side) should get some extra entry time (at least 30 seconds more) if the difference of BR between ships is big.

In order to dont allow that the ganking side ends ganked you could make that the defenders gets reinforcements until the BR is equal. When the BR is balanced the battle closes no matter the extra time for the ganked side. This way both sides could have the chance of a good battle.

This is possible but it creates a lot of problems with land if battles are close to land

one of the sides will then never receive reinforcements if circle moves into land over time 

the alternative is to use the Battlefield squad spawn system and spawn ship 200 m away from the most distant ships in the instance 

another drastic solution is to remove land from OW battles and only keep land in coastal battles or in port battles. Then we can bring back normal time/distance based spawns that existed before the land in battles introduction 

Well, if there is no way for check is it on land or not, then we in trouble, I guess

Очень бы хотелось выход из боя в том месте куда проплыл в бою а не в стартовой точке.

п.с.

Это tunnel drive. Зашел в бой возле порт моранта, вынырнул у Порт рояля, всех убил, или безопасно проехал с грузом и так далее. Нельзя так делать.

Обьедините с прошлым.

Edited by Amonacc

I'm missing a "no opinion" on each selection.

I haven't seen the "TP back after X minutes yet". I presume it is back to a friendly port. Would that include allied ports?

It makes me rethink as it being more of a "one-way" expedition. I must admit it covers my playstyle perfectly, but being "misplaced" after an expedition has a kind of must-plan-better-ahead feel to it.

It was funny though that nobody noticed what we were actually doing.

But how would we make our escape?

Easy enough, we would take Trader Lynxes in tow. Once we were done at Kingston, we would jump over and sail away.

The French Émissaire would be sailing along in his own Constitution. We also brought along some Cutters to serve as scouts and getaway ships.

If invisibility is reintroduced, you should not be invisible from friends, only enemies. But I would much prefer if we dropped out of battle some way away from the spot of the battle location (semi-randomly determined).

Land in battle is an awesome addition, please try everything to keep it in.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14789-faul-battle-entry-timer-be-gone-with-thou/

Is there anything we can try to salvage or simplify that suggestion?

Это tunnel drive. Зашел в бой возле порт моранта, вынырнул у Порт рояля, всех убил, или безопасно проехал с грузом и так далее. Нельзя так делать.

Обьедините с прошлым.

От Моранта до Рояля час хватит в бою проплыть? На сколько я знаю после конца битвы тебя выкидывает в батлскрин через х минут. Не думаю что смещение будет на столь серьёзным, ну а если после полуторочасовой битвы, пусть будет у Рояля, кто потонул, видели же куда доплыли. Стоять у мечей и ждать ещё больше не логично, так же как всякая невидимость. Хочешь свалить, отступай уже в бою в правильном направлении.

One clarifying question: does log-off automatically result in the TP? (yes, please ;) )

That would make any battle screen markers completely obsolete, because I can no longer find a way to setup a battle screen ambush. After 5 minutes everybody is guaranteed gone.

Battle Results Screen section - What happens if someone exits the game from the battle results screen?  Currently, if memory serves, after two minutes you are disconnected from the game.  In other words, would you still be able to exit the game in this situation, or would you be forced to PvP and be trolled by people who think they should win because they have more time than you?  IE - "They have to go to bed sometime, eventually they'll just surrender so we stop tagging them."

Note - There are two options that both mean, "We want life to go on."  One of those is that people want life to go on from the OW, the other is that life should go on from port.  When tallying votes, I would strongly urge you to consider that, as things currently stand (and as I hope they continue to stand), people that want to just run out the clock on your allocated game time are in the minority.

п.с.

с перками всё нормально, они работают на обе стороны

в инстах дорого обслуживать shallows с открытого мира

то есть вы можете уплыть в мелководье 

- Give 15mn max before sending player automatically to open world, 15 mn to make some real life natural calls or else, spawn invisible for a bit like before, and show OW wind compass in end result screen too, players will decide the most favorable moment to exit without having to bother Nation chat each 2 minutes asking for wind and sometimes getting wrong intel from chat too.

- Allow players to logout from end result screen only once each 6-8 hours minimum with a long 6-8h cooldwon on this logout permission.

player can use this feature when really in need for real life stuff or after a very long battle and he needs to take a break.

players outside will know player had logged out if nothing comes out after 15 mn

player who log out can come back after 30mn , 1h or 3h or more but the next time he will be put in battle and in the end result screen he will be auto pushed to OW after 15mn  if the timer cooldown between previous battle screen result and next one is not superior to 6-8h to avoid abuses of this feature.

- Don't like the TP thing, unless it's part of the cooldown system explained above, and here the cooldown needs to be even bigger like 12-18-24H and tp only to national ports, no tp to free towns outposts possible at all and maybe get ships teleported this way locked for 24h with no way to use them to prevent abuses,  and players outside needs to get a notification, a bit like the xp travel received displayed in global chat , but here in the nation chat , player xzy who was in battle with you have been seen near port xyz ( teleported ).

- Timers to get out after 2 mn or even less using the perk needs to go , the system to keep a player tagged while in a certain range will be better if not a perk but a full mechanic of the game, maybe combined/ mixed with hit tagging like now too.

- Def tags allowing players to spawn so far away that they are not even in cannons range needs to be improved, either 10mn initial timer for those who press attack, 10 full minutes at the start of a battle where they cannot leave while there is still enemies inside the battle, a player being faster in OW will have time to focus on his sailing for 8mn to regain his speed advantage he had in OW then get in the radius where the enemy cannot leave.

This will be a big problem for traders but then it will maybe be time to undo the speed nerfs they received twice to make it fair again, or traders acting under different rules maybe i don't know.

or reduce circles and spawn distances to avoid a slower ships being caught up in OW to get a free exit pass using a def tag .

Thanks for finally bringing those huge problems to discussion.

в инстах дорого обслуживать shallows с открытого мира

то есть вы можете уплыть в мелководье 

Жаль. То же мелководие хотелось и в инстах. Тогда проблем с корректным выходом бы не было, но наверно технически сложно сделать?

Regarding battle screen, IMO let people log off if they have to leave, but pop them into open world when they log back on. Bring back invisibility after exiting battle screen but extend cannot attack timer so invisibility cannot be used to gank unexpected.

Regarding control perk, I like it as it gives ships without chasers a use but then the traders Lynx has no chance against a Lynx as it cannot fight back and cannot outrun.

Tp'ing between outposts, maybe bring back a cooldown timer but no more than 30 min please.

Edited by Anne Wildcat

no tp to free towns outposts possible at all

No! Kills pirates, privateers, traders, shipbuilders that use smuggler, ....

Edited by Anne Wildcat

Regarding control perk, I like it as it gives ships without chasers a use but then the traders Lynx has no chance against a Lynx as it cannot fight back and cannot outrun.

The defense of a Trader's Lynx against a Lynx is being awake at the helm, as with any other trader vessel.  A barely passable counter-tag will still allow a TLynx to escape.

No! Kills pirates and privateers.

I agree for pirates they should be allowed still wiht a cooldwon to use the ship again from there, Nationals shouldn't be allowed to tp from the Battle screen result and respawn in a free town a few minutes away only from an enemy capital. Send them back to them lands , force a cooldown on this feature and a cooldown on the ships using this feature that can not be used anymore for a while to prevent abuses ...

It's quite a bigger advantage than simply camping in BS result for x time before getting out, you are sent directly to a safe port, not spawning where you was with the risk of spawning in the middle of plenty of enemies  ... Needs a compensation for this safety or not only it will make things worse but no sane person will use anything else than this feature if there is a 1% risk to get out of the BS result.

1. Should receive a morale penalty or other penalty                   

2. should be removed

3. Should stay as it is allowing life to go on

4. Invisibility should be brought back to allow repositioning after the battle

Invisibility most important of all...loved this little gamble....

First time I agree with Anne, basically. But why teleport-cooldown outpost?

Maybe, there should be an overview window at where I can do the micro-management.

(checking ressource prices, controlling bids).

>>another drastic solution is to remove land from OW battles and only keep land in coastal battles or in port battles.

>>Then we can bring back normal time/distance based spawns that existed before the land in battles introduction 

REMOVE IT !

(slowed down the game, killed immersion, the feeling being on the high seas....imho)

Edited by Wilson09

But why teleport-cooldown outpost?

I love the no tp cooldown, excellent for micromanagement. Some complain about it. So I'm just saying if cooldown is brought back, please no more than 30 min.

For me land in battles massively increased immersion! Sailing along a coast, you enter a battle and there is the very same coastline. Increased tactical choices in the open world; do you hug the coast? Stand out to sea? The decision is yours and will influence any battle you get into.

I would like to be able to enter ports from the battle instance, imo it would cut down on port hugging gankers.

Edited by Lucien Delmonte

уберете батл скрин - в огромном числе случаев победителей снаружи будет ждать 25 человек, вызванных по радио с координатами по жпс.