6. 7. Mast damage

• too low
    • just right
    • Too high
  7. 8. Raking (cannon loss + crew loss)

• Underpowered
    • Just right
    • Too strong

I've used F5 in at least group fleet PVE battles where we just plow through instead of linefight.  Shoot my left broadsides at one ship, shoot right at another, now I turn right.  As there is nothing on my left but there are ships on my right, I turn my left cannons off so I do not need to wait for them to reload before my right reloads. 

I had batttle yesterday, me in a frigate another player in pirate frigate. It was quite fun, having a skilled opponent, but when it came towards the end, the other one had repaires about 3 times his ship, me only once, for lack of repair kits, finally the reason why I was sunk. I personally do not like this multiple repair option.

I would like to see one repair for sails and one for hull during battle, if sufficient repait kits are in the hold.

Many have cried for the one dura ships to make the game more "historical", but this repeated repair is less historical than several duras.

A naval battle should be decided by the skill of the players not the repair kits they have abort. I don't see the fun in having to sink a ship twice for all the repair that is done during battle. I would even prefer to no repair option during battle than the current system.

3 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

I had batttle yesterday, me in a frigate another player in pirate frigate. It was quite fun, having a skilled opponent, but when it came towards the end, the other one had repaires about 3 times his ship, me only once, for lack of repair kits, finally the reason why I was sunk. I personally do not like this multiple repair option.

I would like to see one repair for sails and one for hull during battle, if sufficient repait kits are in the hold.

Many have cried for the one dura ships to make the game more "historical", but this repeated repair is less historical than several duras.

A naval battle should be decided by the skill of the players not the repair kits they have abort. I don't see the fun in having to sink a ship twice for all the repair that is done during battle. I would even prefer to no repair option during battle than the current system.

While I agree with the concept of player skill should be winning the battle there are a lot more things going on than just repairs.

What about the books, mods, wood trim/planking, ships involved and/or getting ganked by multiple players equate into "the battle should be decided by the skill of the players and not by all the above"

Edited by Rigs

4 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

Although I would also prefer just single repairs in battle instances, YOU also have the option to carry more repairs. Part of the skill you mention is knowing how many repairs you need and when to use them while still knowing that each repair you carry is going to affect your ship's performance. In fact I can trace a good percentage of the times I have been sunk to my poor choices in this area, usually not repairing soon enough.

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

poll is too outdated for both

Goddamnit, yet another necro'd thread. For a second there I thought the devs were looking at some actual feedback and the number of "it's fine as it is" votes surprised the hell out of me. Now I know why.

Edited by Aegir

On 18.10.2017 at 9:42 PM, Farrago said:

Although I would also prefer just single repairs in battle instances, YOU also have the option to carry more repairs. Part of the skill you mention is knowing how many repairs you need and when to use them while still knowing that each repair you carry is going to affect your ship's performance. In fact I can trace a good percentage of the times I have been sunk to my poor choices in this area, usually not repairing soon enough.

I do not complain about being sunk, the other player has used his possibilities and deserves to sink me, I simply do not like the mechanics. When we want to have a somewhat historical game, only battle repairs should be possible, but not building up the whole ship twice. Battle repairs should be something like setting a few guns up and stop leaks for the hull and repairing some lines and sails for the rigging. Setting up a new mast can never done during a battle.

It's been a loooooong while since I looked at BR ratio and XP gained, but I had a quick look today.

Brig (BR 50) vs. Ventre (BR 110):

a5b119131eaf05ec3de63e4de8119377.png

TSnow (BR 10) vs. Ventre (BR 110):

6c13781096bca137feaa02c62951509c.png

How does this work these days?

BR ratio does not affect XP?

It's not THAT important, but a BR multiplier to XP could bring more smaller ships out in the OW. Should everything steer people towards bringing the biggest, baddest and fastest out?