• too low
    • just right
    • Too high
  7. 8. Raking (cannon loss + crew loss)

• Underpowered
    • Just right
    • Too strong

3 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Moving from aim position, hitting keys, moving back will undoubtedly mess up new player firing arc. I want to hear less from you Vets since you do have years of gameplay under your belt. Using this knowledge against new guys is unfair and Devs should fix it.
- I never really used F5, its not the "game changer" you seem to think it is. Atleast not in my experience. 

No tutorial and hidden key combinations will result in players leaving game.

Just so you know. No one will go pvp knowing there are hidden tricks that Vets use in order to be more efficient in battle. So, go figure the damage.  

I never really used F5, it's not the "game changer" you seem to think it is. Atleast not in my experience. 

The fact that newer players might not know about "F5" is a simple issue to solve; Introduce a tutorial to the game as i said before. 

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

F5 is very important, but not in the way players think it is. It does not reduce reload time.

It's really not that important. But yeah, it certainly doesn't do what most people tend to think it does.. :P

10 minutes ago, George Washington said:

So, it does if your crew if hurt. 

It depends.

However most guys dont know exactly how crew management works. I would count you in since you pressed f1-f4 until I told you its not giving you your desired effect.

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

It depends.

However most guys dont know exactly how crew management works. I would count you in since you pressed f1-f4 until I told you its not giving you your desired effect.

So, if I got raked and lost 50%. Now my each deck is let's say -25% and less efficient. I then start to lock broadsides and move all to one side I use in order to restore efficiency. Am I wrong? Am I not restoring reload speed? I am and in order to do all this I have to go through all these keys and camera movements. Why?

I know how it works. if 3 guys operate a gun and 2 are killed, time to load a gun is almost doubled. So, you call guys from the other side to help out. 

Edited by George Washington

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Very important, because it helps you reload the guns you want to be reloaded.

On which ships do you even use this? (Asking out of curiosity because i never sailed a ship where i felt like F5 was needed). 

Just now, George Washington said:

They won't believe you unless you provide hard facts.:D

You can't provide hard facts here man. 

It's all about the experience the different players have had with the F5 Function. 
In my experience, it doesn't make a real difference and someone using F5 won't have an advantage over someone NOT using F5. 

6 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I am and in order to do all this I have to go through all these keys and camera movements. Why?

Its just one key man. 

If this bothers you so much maybe u should do a topic in suggestions instead of spaming the patch announcement

23 minutes ago, Rickard said:

stop whinning, this mechanic is fine.

Yeah...thx for your input.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I know how it works. if 3 guys operate a gun and 2 are killed, time to load a gun is almost doubled

No that is not how it works. A cannon either gets reloaded if there is enough crew available or it does not get reloaded at all. With f5 you can prioritize which side you want to reload FIRST, but its not affecting the actual reload speed of individual cannons. Only skillbooks /mods affect that.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its just one key man. 

If this bothers you so much maybe u should do a topic in suggestions instead of spaming the patch announcement

It's not spam. They mentioned fix about fair gameplay, all I am doing is pointing out what else is broken, but looks like 300 Spartans oppose any changes that could make pvp equal for all. Who cares at this point anyway, I will continue clubbing nubs and reducing numbers since no one cares. ;)

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

On all ships that can't have 100% crew on gunnery.

Sometimes you think forum warriors would know F5, but then you realize they hit fleets fleets in 1st rates and don't require F5. :D Joking.

You only neef this if You use both broadsides at the same time, which lineships usually dont - if the gunnery count is 300 / 500 and you only have to reload one side, f5ing the other side will do nothing in terms of reload. (Some more crew will switch to sailing tho)

• Like 1

So, if I got raked and lost 50%. Now my each deck is let's say -25% and less efficient. I then start to lock broadsides and move all to one side I use in order to restore efficiency. Am I wrong? Am I not restoring reload speed? I am and in order to do all this I have to go through all these keys and camera movements. Why?

I know how it works. if 3 guys operate a gun and 2 are killed, time to load a gun is almost doubled. 

Yes you dont know what crew in gunnary actually does.

Lets say you have 50% crew of maxcrew in gunnary. You can perfectly reload 1 broadside without any efficiencyloss. You could even have 80% crew in gunnary and you would reload the same speed as with 50%.

Whats important is which cannons are fired.

Lets say you fire 1 left broadside and 1 right broadside 2seconds after. Your 50% gunnary will now reload your left broadside perfectly fine. Your right broadside however will be reloaded AFTER the other one finished. If you know you will need your right broadside next you can now press F5 twice on your left broadside and cancel reload. your crew now runs to the other cannons and reloads them perfectly fine with 100% efficiency.

If you have 70% crew in this situation your crew reloads 1 broadside and the rest of the crew reloads as many cannons top to bottom as they can.

So in the end its a thing about maximizing your efficiency. 

• Like 4

Just now, Liq said:

You only neef this if You use both broadsides at the same time, which lineships usually dont - if the gunnery count is 300 / 500 and you only have to reload one side, f5ing the other side will do nothing in terms of reload. (Some more crew will switch to sailing tho)

Shooting both broadsides happen quite often in fleet battles. Maybe not in 1v1s... Also it helps you reload bow/stern chasers when your broadsides are loading and chasers are not. Also... it is must use when you are low on crew after few stern rakes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Washington said:

So, if I got raked and lost 50%. Now my each deck is let's say -25% and less efficient. I then start to lock broadsides and move all to one side in order to restore efficiency. Am I wrong? and in order to do all this I have to go through all these keys and camera movements. Why?

The way you word it, it seems you think the gun reload works like it did way back in the beginning of the game. I could be wrong.

Here is my understanding of reload

All guns have a set reload rate, lets say 50 seconds for 18pder (this is an example) and you need 7 crew to have it loaded. On a ship with 10 guns on each side makes the ship need 140 crew in total to man the guns.

The gun will not load until 7 crew are available to load it. If you have 105/140 crew on guns, this means 5 guns will not load until the other 15 are finished. Gun reloading prioritizes the broadside you shot first.

This is why in many cases when you have shot both broadsides, one side is loaded completely while the other side only is partially done. Essentially, a gun will not load until it has the required crew to load it, but the reload rate is always constant, meaning more crew does not mean guns reload faster, only the slots and refits can change that.

F1 - F4 stop the deck from firing but keep all the "gun crew" at the ready. In a way this can free up crew to reload the otherside, but the crew stays on the guns.

F5 stops the crew from reloading and takes them off "gun crew" essentially the crew moves to sailing, or boarding, or even to repair. This does not stop that side from firing, but once fired it will not reload until you activate the side.

So you can create ways of managing crew in this form.

From my experience though? F5 is not the reason someone wins over another player, it is handy though.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

Yes you dont know what crew in gunnary actually does.

Lets say you have 50% crew of maxcrew in gunnary. You can perfectly reload 1 broadside without any efficiencyloss. You could even have 80% crew in gunnary and you would reload the same speed as with 50%.

Whats important is which cannons are fired.

Lets say you fire 1 left broadside and 1 right broadside 2seconds after. Your 50% gunnary will now reload your left broadside perfectly fine. Your right broadside however will be reloaded AFTER the other one finished. If you know you will need your right broadside next you can now press F5 twice on your left broadside and cancel reload. your crew now runs to the other cannons and reloads them perfectly fine with 100% efficiency.

If you have 70% crew in this situation your crew reloads 1 broadside and the rest of the crew reloads as many cannons top to bottom as they can.

So in the end its a thing about maximizing your efficiency. 

Explain this to new guys who start pvp, not me. Perfect example why many stay out of pvp. On top of that add manual sail control, wind angles, ball ricochet angles and speed required at each point in order to make flawless turns. 

In the end, my request is to make it more simpler and clear for new guys. 

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Explain this to new guys who start pvp, not me. 

You needed explaining too since you thought f1-f4 does the same ^^

new guys have enough to learn with manual sailing. They dont have capacity for micromanagement. Thats something you learn at the end of your battlemechanics learningcurce together with how repaircrew works

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Interesting :P I never really used it and i only sailed ships that couldn't have 100% crew on gunnery. (Funny how our playstyles can differ so much on some points babe) 

6 minutes ago, George Washington said:

It's not spam. They mentioned fix about fair gameplay, all I am doing is pointing out what else is broken, but looks like 300 Spartans oppose any changes that could make pvp equal for all. Who cares at this point anyway, I will continue clubbing nubs and reducing numbers since no one cares. ;)

Oh grow up would you? 
If this is the kind of attitude your going to put on when someone disagrees with you then an open forum is not a place for you. 
I'd like to point out that i did indeed suggest that a Tutorial will fix the issue of some people knowing, and some people not knowing. 

That said i still don't think F5 is enough of a "game changer" to make a battle unfair just because 1 player knows about F5 and the other doesn't. It just doesn't have the impact you think. (In my experience...)

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Sometimes you think forum warriors would know F5, but then you realize they hit fleets fleets in 1st rates and don't require F5. :D Joking.

Sometimes you think the people posting on forums can deal with the fact that others might be of a different opinion than you. Then when they start being smart asses you realize they can't. :D Not joking. :*

Explain this to new guys who start pvp, not me. Perfect example why many stay out of pvp. On top of that add manual sail control, wind angles and speed required at each point in order to make flawless turns. 

In the end, my request is to make it more simpler and clear for new guys. 

Perhaps the "Tutorial" that i've mentioned i think 3 times by now might be able to make it easier for new players? (Just a thought you know)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

You needed explaining too since you thought f1-f4 does the same ^^

new guys have enough to learn with manual sailing. They dont have capacity for micromanagement. Thats something you learn at the end of your battlemechanics learningcurce together with how repaircrew works

I appreciate your help. I am sure many more will learn what F5 can do now. 

3 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Oh grow up would you? 
If this is the kind of attitude your going to put on when someone disagrees with you then an open forum is not a place for you. 

Slow down teacher. All I said there are no regulations and will to make this game equal for all. So, the beating will continue until morale improves. 

3 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Interesting :P I never really used it and i only sailed ships that couldn't have 100% crew on gunnery. (Funny how our playstyles can differ so much on some points babe) 

That's called micromanagenent and multitasking. 

That's called micromanagenent and multitasking. 

lol. 

I just never saw a need for it! Always did just fine without using F5 :D It is funny though, i can compare this to demasting. (EG, SeaWolf and I are about equally good at demasting, funny thing is he uses unlocked sector focus mainly while i use locked sector focus mainly.). 

Just now, TommyShelby said:

lol. 

I just never saw a need for it! Always did just fine without using F5 :D It is funny though, i can compare this to demasting. (EG, SeaWolf and I are about equally good at demasting, funny thing is he uses unlocked sector focus mainly while i use locked sector focus mainly.). 

I use all possible sectors for demasting :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

EG, SeaWolf and I are about equally good at demasting, funny thing is he uses unlocked sector focus mainly while i use locked sector focus mainly.

I use both, it depends of my ship speed.