Game-Labs Forum

Official declaration of alliance between GB and the US

Gooneybird

You "Council types" need to change your style a bit. As a council you seem to always be after alliances, peace and other things that sound good but are ultimately bad for war games. The day we all achieve peace is the day NA dies as a game. You want to be a Generals and Admirals figuring out how to conquer and secure the best territories for your nation. Not politicians.

Consider this:

Time zones are more powerful than alliances. Closely followed by Capital locations. Simply put. Some nations are designed to fight in certain areas better than others. Most Spain, Swede, France, Dane, Dutch are Euro time. USA, Pirates are mostly USA time zone. GB seems split.

So if your playing USA in USA time zone the population you can fight is likely only Pirates and British. You can say your at war with Spain but it's got a high likelyhood of being empty battles due to time zone. So if you ally to GB then you are really only fighting pirates. And if the new Pirate system removes pirates from being a nation then you just screwed yourselves into boredom play again. Ideally, as USA time zone players you never want to be allied to either Pirates or GB unless you need to to match the size of the third one.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 4

My own opinion and it is just my own. The Spanish should be wiped out to one port by the allies along with the pirates, Then while they are recovering head east and pay the Danes and French their just deserts.

Every time eyes turn to the East the Spanish emerge in the west and force a return. If the Spanish wont fight, even better get them off the map quickly and put them in a place where a campaign in the east could be fought without any Spanish interference. Do you think any of these people ( French Danes Pirates Spanish )would of offered Britain a peace treaty? No they wanted the whole of Jamaica rest assured of that fact, the campaign was called make Britain quit.

Its peace that will destroy the game and turn off the player base on a PVP server. Unconditional warfare on the other hand is well worth login on for.

My own opinion and it is just my own. The Spanish should be wiped out to one port by the allies along with the pirates, Then while they are recovering head east and pay the Danes and French their just deserts.

Every time eyes turn to the East the Spanish emerge in the west and force a return. If the Spanish wont fight, even better get them off the map quickly and put them in a place where a campaign in the east could be fought without any Spanish interference. Do you think any of these people ( French Danes Pirates Spanish )would of offered Britain a peace treaty? No they wanted the whole of Jamaica rest assured of that fact, the campaign was called make Britain quit.

Its peace that will destroy the game and turn off the player base on a PVP server. Unconditional warfare on the other hand is well worth login on for.

You just show yourself as the biggest ***** of the entire forum hahahahha

• Like 2

First off, I want to thank the Councils for making it clear that the US will not be left isolated in the face of Spanish aggressions and intransigence.

I note that already the latest map a Don posted has changed their claimed border to not include the Florida Keys. A baby step in the right direction.

Secondly, as for the monotonous 'time zone' excuse the Spanish always roll out to explain their latest failures, and bearing in mind I am not a PB enthusiast so I do far more combat patrols, the notion I and my fellow Yanks only fight pirates because of the clock is laughable. I fight the Spanish, French and Danes far more often.

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 1

Tell me... how interesting is the game now, in that moment you are taking ports without defense? Interesting to play in a game with no action, is funny? :)

Im'ma leave this right here.....  

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/map

If British&USA use port timers = game feature

If Spain & France use port timers = exploit!! EXPLOITTT !!! SHAAAAMEEEE! REVENGEEEEE!

• Like 1

. I fight the Spanish, French and Danes far more often.

I'm guessing your talking about fighting them on patrols. Which makes sense. Treaties and alliances are about the port battles and that's the point we're talking from. If you have recently captured French, Danish and reasonably defended Spanish ports then perhaps I am wrong.

Tell me... how interesting is the game now, in that moment you are taking ports without defense? Interesting to play in a game with no action, is funny? :)

If British&USA use port timers = game feature

If Spain & France use port timers = exploit!! EXPLOITTT !!! SHAAAAMEEEE! REVENGEEEEE!

Game is great , had really good fights with the danes over the last couple of nights ..two great port battles where the attackers and defenders fought well and with skill ..both ports defended 1 each to Danes and Brits ..Danes did a great job  in stopping us getting into Bani but lost ships in doing so ..Brits lost ships after getting out of battle and trying to return to port .... its refreshing to be in a port battle where the opponent wants to fight rather than sail around the circle taking pot shots at sails until the timer runs down .... so the question is who is missing chasing the spanish around the circle ...nobody

It's funny cause danes/pirates were the ultimative bully/zerg coalition and talked spain and france into war to make it 4 vs 1 and tried to get dutch and usa too into war to make it 6 vs 1.

As a Dane I'm kind of flattered by still, after all this time, being accused of being the zerg/bullies of this server. Our 25-30 RvR players must have made quite an impact if our strength has spurned such legends. When the stories are retold it sounds like we were ten times that many.

I wonder, if the SLRN after being crushed (in 25v25 1st rate battles) two nights in a row at Aves, if they came home to the British nation those nights and told the British Nation they were only beaten because they were outnumbered 2:1? (Which is not entirely untrue, as those who survived were indeed outnumbered 2:1 by the time they fled - after we sank half their force)

And what, was the story told by RGL and SINK after they came home from Bluefields, where they faced 11 1st rates, with their 22?

Danes have really much salt at the moment cause they couldn't crush every nation and they couldn't "make the brits quit" (what a great statement from the danish/pirates coalition at the beginning of their british campain).

"make the brits quit" was never ever a statement of "the Danes". Our only concern has ever been fighting port battles (with defenders) and if Brits quit where would we get any fun. On the contrary a bulk of our RvR force took a break from the game because the tactics of our enemies evolved into avoiding facing us in port battles and rather trying to make sure that they could take empty or almost empty ports from us.

Tell me... how interesting is the game now, in that moment you are taking ports without defense? Interesting to play in a game with no action, is funny?  :)

It's why they all come here to NN. To get their fun from forum PvP since there is no in-game PvP. But I don't mind, I can't play at the moment so I'm confined to forum pvp for a while.

you have allies? i thought this was the whole server against poor old you?

q2Br7kD.png

Just point out what should be obvious: There are number of nations and there are number of players, and it's pretty clear which is referred to in that signature. I'll leave it to someone else to judge the actual relative numbers.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

Sigh, if we could take off our roleplay pantaloons for a second.  Of course Spain complained and the British listened not because they're gentlemen but because having watched the player populations of France and Denmark plummet they didn't want that to happen to Spain.  Why? because winning isn't coloured dots, it's fun, engaging battles with a competent enemy and at the moment the British have boxed in their RvR by being allied to over 3/4s of the map.  Now the previous British declaration about Cuba is good for Spain sure (and much appreciated) but it's just as good for the British and the game overall, as would be the unsigned treaty.  Now I don't want to sit here and whine about being ganged up on being treated unfairly what I want is:

Firstly, to clarify whether the Brits (and possibly the Dutch) will try and conquer Cuba or whether they would simply be screening/PVEing to help the USA (I think it's the latter)

Secondly, to point out that as long as there's a grand alliance and as long as France, the Pirates and Denmark hibernate Spain is needed, yes NEEDED in RvR; unless you want to spend your time on bottle fetch quests or fighting empty PBs. 

Let's, if only for a moment, remember we're not actually the Duke of such and such representing the imperial Crown of whatever.  We're a bunch of fellas on our computers playing a game which requires a whole lot of other fellas playing to be fun.  Speaking of fun, it might be for the best if the British come up and help the yanks because if Cayo de Sal is anything to go by we won't see an enemy ship otherwise.....

Yep. Terribly uneven fights are not fun, in my opinion, whether you are winning or losing. I just hope the developers give us something really dynamic for the port battle re-work. I imagine that people are gonna be fighting all over the place. We will hopefully no longer be limited by 'front lines'. Sure, it'll probably be harder to keep the ports you've got, but maybe it'll be easier to fight your way out of bad situations.

Edited by ajffighter86

What is the status of your alliances when the patch comes....will you be upholding them regardless of mechanics?

just curious as to how you intend to deal with it because as far as i can tell the reality is you have major advantages over the others based on locations and the fact that pirate aint going to be a thing anymore for PBs

Edited by Fastidius

What is the status of your alliances when the patch comes....will you be upholding them regardless of mechanics?

just curious as to how you intend to deal with it because as far as i can tell the reality is you have major advantages over the others based on locations and the fact that pirate aint going to be a thing anymore for PBs

Unless a massive influx of alts is able to manipulate the system - not much will change in my opinion. We became attached to our Pirate, French and Spanish counterparts. Don't see that will change in the near future.  :lol:

Unless a massive influx of alts is able to manipulate the system - not much will change in my opinion. We became attached to our Pirate, French and Spanish counterparts. Don't see that will change in the near future.  :lol:

Don't bother Gooney - it is pointless to argue with the delusional and self centered.

Just a quick reminder for you guys - one of the reasons Spanish, Danes and French aren't able to fight at all times is the reason how you treated people in your nation chat that weren't able to speak French or respectively Spanish or Russian (quick example - Sea Lords' French fleet left your nation with a bunch of Australian players due to this behaviour) - you have only yourself to blame but now you sit here demanding our port timers to be adjustied to your liking and accuse us of not playing in your favour.

Edited by JollyRoger1516

...Danes...aren't able to fight at all times is the reason how you treated people in your nation chat that weren't able to speak Russian you have only yourself to blame but now you sit here demanding our port timers to be adjustied to your liking and accuse us of not playing in your favour.

This is now officially the biggest pile of steaming nonsense I have ever heard :)

80% of D-N is EU. Some 15% rus. The rest is everywhere.

• Like 1