Game-Labs Forum
Loco Bandito

Sealed Bottles as of 3-08-16

Loco Bandito    543

So the servers came back up and alot of people are mentioning in global that their wrecks are at least an hour to 90min away.

So Devs, that minor patch did you put the bottles far away again after mentioning in the patch notes wrecks will be close?

Mine is a 90min sail there and 90min back. 3 hours of wasted time. Before 15min there and 15min back was great. Had time to do other stuff.

Edited by Loco Bandito

Sir Texas Sir    3,662

Was looking to see if there is a patch note yet.  I'm about to open a bottle so lets see where it puts mine compared to the others.

It was a lot farther than it has been last week, but not as far as it use to be when they where all ways down south of cuba.   Now I have to move that dang cutter trader some where closer lol

Ctulhu74    6

Well 3 hours for all the goodies you get is not that big of a deal. You can always sell the bottle in port as well if you dont want to sail so far. And on the other hand you will have 3 hours of fishing as well that will bring some money and maybe you find also get some expensive fishes.

Dont think that making the bottles easy to find and close by will do any good. Its more of a special thing to find these and shouldnt be something common.

Alado    213

90 min its fine, now i can read a book, watch a movie or go to swiming pool, while navigating towards the wreck. :D  :D

Kanay    632

I don't mind much a long trip but bottles need to be rare and the loot collected very nice, only not craft-able upgrades ( and please no fireship stuff ) , a few Lh's contracts guaranteed unlike now where some get 1 or 2 others 0, some already crafted notes mid or high or even low grade ones, this will help players to get nice ships, a good load of silver and gold coins and other materials again helping in getting a crafted ship when players bring materials or worth a nice load of cash if sold .

Sailing one hour to get a not much useful upgrade, 60 silver coins + some tobacco + rum or sugar and no Lh's contracts will be a bummer .

Sailing long way to get a real treasure once in a while will be nice and exciting, this said i'm happy i collected all 12 bottles i got last 2 days :P

Sir Texas Sir    3,662

That bottle took me about 2 hours to get.  I opened one and it send me right back along the Florida coast line.  I think it's more random but not as easy as it was the past week.

Primus    42

The bottle drop rates are still too high. I mean if you get one once a week or so, ity would make them nice and rare. That way there isn't an overabundance of yellow mods all over the place.

If you do keep the current drop rates, then make the sail, not be so ridiculously long. If you want to nerf something nerf the ammount of goodies. (ie. no more yellow mod drop every time, make it a chance drop. ie more blue or purple drops and have a rare occassion a yellow drop.) Besides that, labour contracts should be taken out, (and make it something like when you cap a ship and reduce the hours you receive), as well as many of the other insane bonuses like gold and silver coins. 

While the general idea of getting something nice is good, I think this is a typical dev strategy of tweaking through extremes.

Why is it never a small adjustment? Its never a tweak, its always going from one extreem to the next. The major problem you face with the changes you make is that gold is soo  easy to make in the game, and that the gold sinks are ill conceived/ placed. While crew replacement is high, its an extreem once again. There should be a middle ground found with balancing how much money people make and how hard it is to make it. If tweaked properly you can get a nice and balanced system going. However right now econ is a joke and until you get that right, open world will only consist of No Action. Too many people these days are talking about the good old days in sea trials. The game should be fun and not sail there for 3 hours and you get a prize. There is no challenge, its an afk time sink, that nobody is wanting in a sense. We want a challenge, and rewarded for that challenge no busy tactics.

Fletch67    285

Tell you what, instead of having to find bottles and sail to the wreck, why don't we simply ask the devs to credit every ones account with 2 mill just after the daily down time?

Seriously though, if you cant be arsed sailing a couple of hours to a wreck crack open another bottle and hope its closer. Its not as if you have to pay for them they grow in the sea.

Or better still if you don't like sailing sell the bottles for cash.

At the end of the day its a freebee just enjoy it.

I would much rather have the bottle drop rate decreased as well as distance. Make the bottles very rare, but not 60+mins away.

I picked up 3 bottles last night, for a total profit of 1.2mil in less than 3 hours, just from selling the labor contracts. Haven't even finished selling the cargo yet. I'm only a 1st Lieutenant. I don't think this kind of cash flow is necessary so early in the game..... or for anyone, for that matter? Why would I want to do anything other than fish right now for that kind of risk vs reward?

Loco Bandito    543

I do enjoy them but to spend 3 hours sailing after working all day. When you have a spare 4 hours to play the game.

I didn't know the bottle would have popped over there otherwise I would have sold it smart ass. I'm merely giving feedback from my perspective and others that the distance has increased when the patch notes said situational.

GrapeShot    534

Making traders sail distances, and perhaps even into enemy waters, is good thing.

When the bottles were first introduced Yanks had to sail deep into Spanish waters and, as a result, trader vs small warship pvp blossumed.

Edited by GrapeShot

Ned Loe    3,790

So the servers came back up and alot of people are mentioning in global that their wrecks are at least an hour to 90min away.

So Devs, that minor patch did you put the bottles far away again after mentioning in the patch notes wrecks will be close?

Mine is a 90min sail there and 90min back. 3 hours of wasted time. Before 15min there and 15min back was great. Had time to do other stuff.

Let's be honest. If you are going on expedition it's not going to be 10 min sail. In addition to that, you will be able to find more bottles on the way + fish money (you will get 100k easily from that trip). Get your fast trader ship ready for an adventure Captain and it doesn't mean adventure has to end in one day sail. 

Prater    5,325

3 hours each? I still have 23 or so :blink: . However, I do agree that bottles should focus players towards the middle of the map and into pvp areas.

Lord Vicious    1,438

I cant sail for more then 5min before i get a bottle, they are too easy to get, you got for a bottle and return with 2-3 more

Unnecessary crassness edited out. Please be appropriate.

CaptVonGunn    322

I cant sail for more then 5min before i get a bottle, they are too easy to get, you got for a bottle and return with 2-3 more

Unnecessary crassness edited out. Please be appropriate.

Must be nice I sailed from Bensalem to TOrdo and then Bensem to Ruatan and found 1

SeaMist    147

Bottles are fun. There is probably a bit too many at the moment but I would not like to see it rare........maybe two or three a week on average. What is very apparent is that the bottle distribution needs a bit of work. Those of us into long sails can sail for hours without a thing. Yet others have bottles by the dozen by sailing out of their home port. Perhaps that issue needs a look at. I don't have an issue with a long sail to pick one up but I like long sails anyway :-)

BallsOfSteel    195

Bottles were fun, people simply dont have the time to sail for hours with no chance of action on the way, They should drop much closer and a lot less often. Wont be bothering with them at this rate

BusterGut    20

Only just found this thread. Yesterday morning pre server downtime I had 2 bottles in my hold, after the servers started again I attempted to use one and it just vanished, nowhere on the map had a wreck marked, so re-logged and tried the next one with the same result. Personally I don't care if its a 2 hour sail to get the loot, but to just vanish well you might as well stop giving them out.

Brogsitter    242

Let's be honest. If you are going on expedition it's not going to be 10 min sail. In addition to that, you will be able to find more bottles on the way + fish money (you will get 100k easily from that trip). Get your fast trader ship ready for an adventure Captain and it doesn't mean adventure has to end in one day sail. 

This is still a game and the players have a real life too. The current system is absurd. The bottle / wreck feature is useless by now.,