Game-Labs Forum

PVP One EU server connection issue

Are you serious? Ranting because of a server crash?

I'm personally ok with server crash, however I also have experience of managing game projects that require central server. Developers should be aware that every crash means loosing large percent of users. This should be a priority for them to handle and prevent situations like this in the future. One day of crash per year is ok. A three day crash will cost them a lot of users, as people WILL switch to playing "betafield or bugtivision". They won't be able to inform everyone "hey, come back to Naval Action. We don't crash any more".

For this particular reason it's also worth to gather user emails at some point.

btw, why not use Amazon, Digital Ocean or Azure? It should prevent situation like this in the future. Some time ago Azure would give you 5k of free hosting credit per month for one year for switching to their servers. I guess a credit like this could be enough for NA :)

Edited by vazco

Any chances of anticipating "the merge" and get us all from pvp1 into pvp2 for good ? I wouldn't mind.

Sure think about yourself. I would mind, as well as many other player that can't play on US Servers. There are many more countries able to connect with 200ms pings to the EU servers than to US servers. Where as with US players, they have good internet and can easily connect to EU Servers.

I tried a US server last night and had a ping of 600ms to the US Servers. When firing your cannons you have to wait about 3 to 4 seconds before it actually starts to fire, by that time the ships you are firing on moved and 90% of your shots miss.

Well, that's because you're a pirate :) I would mind if port assignment changes :P

Will happen when the big war,peace, diplomacy, etc hits IIRC. Port wipe. So hang tight to them, very very tight. muahah harr harr harr

As for this Naval Action addict I can only say THANK YOU DEVS for working so hard to get the server back up and running.  The frustration of not being able to play this awesome game is nothing compared to what this outage is costing you in terms of data gathering, project progression, and worry of player/monetary loss.  I hope my fellow game captains could find it in their hearts to send words of encouragement and support instead of pessimism and beratement.

• Like 8

As for this Naval Action addict I can only say THANK YOU DEVS for working so hard to get the server back up and running.  The frustration of not being able to play this awesome game is nothing compared to what this outage is costing you in terms of data gathering, project progression, and worry of player/monetary loss.  I hope my fellow game captains could find it in their hearts to send words of encouragement and support instead of pessimism and beratement.

Hear hear.

^this.

yaarrrr

Thank you devs.  Keep working hard to develop this beautiful game.