Game-Labs Forum

PvP EU One Server crashed?

Time to give devs quetions

If thise was a server blackout then it shall be up in houers. in Europe we have emergency power on server hall and a power blackout dont last 12h.

so

1. what have the server provider sad to you about what is exactly the problem?

2. do they not have spare parts? what is the name and location on the server provider? I dont want to rent anything ther

3.  How is the backup file system works standard of provider? same rack different HD? separated backup?

4. or is it HD crash and the backup is also corrupted? so you trying to fix it?

Edited by Kronans

@Kronans

The Devs already have stated that it's an ISP's issue not a server issue.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15330-pvp-one-eu-server-connection-issue/page-1

if that was tru the supplyer have backups to prevent that uselessly 2 -3 total different lines out. and it whudent be down for 12 hours. that is why I have problem to think that is the real. maybe they saying that.

So even if I am wrong the dev can give out were the server is and what isp. then I can look at what they say. I have and are admin on gaming servers that are around Europe and all those games servers are up and running.

STILL if you dont understand it I have read that. OR I dont post it. THAT is not anser to the question.

If something gets corrupted.. they will do a rollback.. to last maintanace or patch or so.. fixing corrupted files is mostly unrepairable.. And if people lost ships or dura's they will ask u to put it somewhere on the forum of what u lost or so.. so they will do something for u.. they can see if u lost something.. so no worries for losing dura's or whatever.. on normal missions u wont lose anything.. But losing things in an alpha stage game.. is just the part of an alpha.. i heard ping is there again so will be up soon again i hope..

GD luck devs !

wowzers, so after like 2 months i think 'i feel like shooting some balls at some sea mans' and update/boot up naval action...

did they end up fixing all that shit with the balls bouncing off all the ships and stuff and the invincible masts?

Masts were like toothpicks at some point.

You did not have bouncing balls, you just had to get a clean shot.  People had hard time understanding that.

I would create char at pvp2 but the game happily informs me that my LH will be reset on every server. So yeah, no game for me...

same here ,for me... no switch...

but id understand one thing ..this happened now ,it can not happen a next time(for various reasons)

i hope the dev s learned a lesson about whats going on with the servers 

this can not happen again (fatal  and  disastrous )( precautions should be made)

i wonder what the players drop tells them..

because it will give damage to the amount of players for some time (i hope not)

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:southparkstudios.com:f7fd0bd4-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30"

fire a warning shot at it ^^

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/efo5tk/close-encounters-of-the-internet-kind?xrs=playershare_digg

Edited by Thonys

If something gets corrupted.. they will do a rollback.. to last maintanace or patch or so.. fixing corrupted files is mostly unrepairable.. And if people lost ships or dura's they will ask u to put it somewhere on the forum of what u lost or so.. so they will do something for u.. they can see if u lost something.. so no worries for losing dura's or whatever.. on normal missions u wont lose anything.. But losing things in an alpha stage game.. is just the part of an alpha.. i heard ping is there again so will be up soon again i hope..

GD luck devs !

if the backup is on separate server/hd that works yes..

And the server was up some minutes with ping and not working then it went down again.

if the backup is on separate server/hd that works yes..

And the server was up some minutes with ping and not working then it went down again.

The ISP will normally always work with raid 1 so if one HD gets faulty they have a second one.. but yeah u never know..

About the ping.. hmm so they are working on it ;) thats still gd better then see no difference :P

maybe this is the perfect moment for a complete reset of the game ...everyone knows that it will happen sooner or later

Ahoy Matey o/ hehe :) Yeah soon or later they will.. true that.. :)

Edited by THC_JOHN

Exceptional Cutters for everyone \o/

after a hard wipe, ofc.

I wouldnt mind tbh, i like doing stuff in this game the hard way (even the recent changes killed my preferred fail: being in the middle of the seas and not nowing for sh...ts where i am at) :D

Just keep up the work devs *cheers

Unfortunately, owing to major provider fault part of the physical servers of PVP-1 are still not working properly, as well as reserve servers are also partly down.

We are forcing resolving of the situation and at the same time considering and testing migration to alternative reserve servers group.

We will keep you posted.

Sorry for inconveniences.

• Like 13

Unfortunately, owing to major provider fault part of the physical servers of PVP-1 are still not working properly, as well as reserve servers are also partly down.

We are forcing resolving of the situation and at the same time considering and testing migration to alternative reserve servers group.

We will keep you posted.

Sorry for inconveniences.

No problem, Hope the migration works out :)