Game-Labs Forum

>>>Feedback for Ultimate General: Gettysburg v0.9+<<< (Update 15/10/2014)

Nick Thomadis

just for pure aesthetics, it would be nice to be able to turn off the flags/labels during gameplay. When playing a defensice games, sometime I go a while without ever needing to see the names of the units, and just watching the battle unfold would be more emersive if there were not any oversized flags and unit names all over the place (no, I'm not suggesting changing the labels on the beautiful map)

Being able to turn off the music would be nice also.

Hi, guys

We had found that the issue is XP3 compatible mode. Please remove compatibility with XP3.

1. Go into game folder

2. Delete register.vdf file

3. Select game executable (single and multiplayer)

4. Right mouse button click

5. Open properties

6. Go into compatibility tab

7. Disable check box in compatibility mode panel.

It must solve your issue with screenshot and video recording.

• Like 1

15/10/2014

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is scheduled for release tomorrow and we are offering you one last patch for testing. A big thanks to everyone for helping us launch this product.

You can read the patchnotes in our blog (Includes important images):

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/ultimate-general-pre-release-patch-7

or below

http://steamcommunity.com/games/306660/announcements/detail/130928148939672911

(PS. Includes instructions how to clean up installation folder and fix the screenshot/recorder programs issues.)

Ok 1.0: 1st battle against the union defensive AI - excellent, it was like I was fighting a real battlefield situation.  Do not change a thing - don't unbalance it again!  Well you could change the terrible charge bugle... 

Also an idea for the unrealistic viddetts who were in reality scouts.  So why not give them a similar code to that used by corps commanders who automatically back off from danger.  That way they would not engage and act the role of scouts for both yours and the AI's main force.

• Like 1