Game-Labs Forum

The Vereenigde Provinciën declares war on Spain

pietjenoob

Lord V "Jeheil as i told you many times, dont talk if you dont know the facts"

Don't talk if you don't know the facts. What a silent world we would live in LV.

I have an opinion, I have the right to state my understanding and position on something.

In a dispute, there are two or mores sides/positions/agendas. There is rarely just one fact.

I love playing with you and yer buddies LV....but you cannot tell me not to talk buddy.

• Like 3

So at this point i prefer pirates to lose all, until people understand that the only way for have a comeback vs superior numbers is have superior quality standards and organization, when they got enought they now where to find me, SORRY is going to do mainly OW pvp not helping anymore pb , until pirate clans figure out that running stuff in that way is ridiculous  :) SORRY not need any territory we have hundreds of millions gold, dozens of firstrates and other ships stockpiled, 50ml in resource, We not need any ports for sustain our economy, is the average pirate player/clan who need it, and will suffer from it. 

But tbh it seams that people not are willing to do what is needed until they suffer a bit

I seem to remember us saying this exact type of thing and you mocking everyone because of your "Dread Fleet".  The US needed good example of why it needed to stop assuming it was safe around Charleston and that everyone should become more active and helpful.  Mission accomplished, so thanks!   Your fleet was impressive in that you could keep that many people online at one time, yes.  Other than that, meh....

just a moment here, If your clan is as big as a nation if not bigger than a nation, then don't even mention it when you beat someone using your clan member only.

If I remember correctly, most of the port battles I led, we always had around 4 or 5 different clans work together and sometime, a big chuck of them didnt listen to me but we still made it somehow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Nash
  • Like 2

We initiated contact with the Spanish with a simple invite and question: give your view on the issue of the Spanish-Anglo war and come with ideas we could consider.

Our invite was met by an unrealist demand of 30 ports (which they do not own, nor do we). Obviously the British council rejected this unreal and chaotic idea. Instead we decided to unilaterally proclaim a Gentlemens war. 

No bilateral treaties, peace and/or discussions have been involved in this decision. We thank the Spanish for a good fight over the last weeks and hope to continue our future biffs without terriorial claims in western Cuba.

Best regards,

Gooneybird

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 1

The US-Dutch-British and Sweden coalition against Spanish nation move to offer to Spaniards a peace agreement based in the actual ports situation and they refuse the idea about to give a security area for every activity.

If there is a peace agreement , ALL nations involved should be safe against port attacks in the border areas...Otherwise, what a peace treaty !

So, I can understand the british proposal in that way, they want be safe in Jamaica, but Spaniards request the same around Cuba. To prevent any wrong movement in these areas, Spain nation want a shared control of the hot zones (Southern Cuba and Northwestern Yucatan and Cayman Island leaving a twice control of all these ports)...but it seems invalid for Brits.

the same thing for brits, same for spaniards. Who is blocking then ?

Edited by Magallanes

The US-Dutch-British and Sweden coalition against Spanish nation move to offer to Spaniards a peace agreement based in the actual ports situation and they refuses the idea about to give a security area for every activity.

If there is a peace agreement , ALL nations involved should be safe against port attacks in the border areas...Otherwise, what a peace treaty !

So, I can understand the british proposal in that way, they want be safe in Jamaica, but Spaniards request the same around Cuba. To prevent any wrong movement in these areas, Spain nation want a shared control of the hot zones (Southern Cuba and Northwestern Yucatan and Cayman Island leaving a twice control of all these ports)...but it seems invalid for Brits.

the same thing for brits, same for spaniards. Who is blocking then ?

Our unilateral decleration should be comforting sir.

• Like 2

Britain wants a buffer around Jamaica. If you want to claim caymans and or south Cuba, you're welcome to try to take it from us.

You want a buffer around Jamaica, we want the same around Cuba.... Mugeres and Contoy area and all northwestern Yucatan... is a very huge buffer, isnt it ?

• Like 1

Sorry mate: These two positions just go against each other. We faught the war to ensure our buffer and we succeeded.

Accept it or come fight for it.

Btw: you have the whole of western Cuba as a buffer around havana.

From Portillo it's a 10 minute sail to Jamaica. You must be out of you mind if you think we would allow a Spanish presence there.

Edited by Chimera

[..]So, I can understand the british proposal in that way, they want be safe in Jamaica, but Spaniards request the same around Cuba. To prevent any wrong movement in these areas, Spain nation want a shared control of the hot zones (Southern Cuba and Northwestern Yucatan and Cayman Island leaving a twice control of all these ports)...but it seems invalid for Brits.[..]

Mugeres/Conttoy are the closest ports to the Spanish Capital. From there to La Habana is 35 minutes at 15 knots.

The ports of the proposed 'shared buffer' are much closer to the British Capital: Portillo to Kingston is 25 minutes, and our reaction time would be even less for Santiago.

If we were to agree to your demands for the ports on the Yucatan this would mean even more than those 35 minutes - we would be out of striking distance of your capital but you remain within reach of ours. There needs to be a better compromise than that.

Lots of people asking why Spain requested all those ports. We went to the meeting knowing that agree a peace with brits and dutch....and americans, they weren´t invited, but they came becasue Murica fuck yeah !!!, supposed to leave arround our french and pirates enemies. So, after all, we didn´t want a peace, we know we cannot sign a treaty with the most treacherous enemy, GB.

Usa come becouse they are a british pet since 4 months, one of the reason i left USa with my clan. They do whatever brits told them. Not a case that in the meeting there was Thomas pain, if the british leadership suddenly stop, the tongue of thomas pain will endup into their ass.

• Like 3

So...you sign a Peace agreemeent!!...and you continue with the war in your mind (your arguments seem that and like spaniards will broke the peace in the first time..but the history tell to everyone on these game..just the opposite.

Nothing to do...if you dont understand these two words: Peace and security area.

Beat you cleanly in battle at Santiago. You were sitting in port with your first rate fleet and lost. What are you talking about?

The game clearly needs a mechanism (and I think it's coming) that ends wars when they are lost by a nation. Makes no sense that the winner has to make a decision where they simy quit fighting the looser because they are like disgruntled kids stamping their foot at the ground before they would accept defeat.

Edited by Chimera

Also @ Captain Sanchez, what you just said about multinational zerg attacks, is exactly the same thing that was put in place by the Pirates, Danish, Spanish and French towards Great Britain. 

Half of my clan, including myself, quit the game for a month or two due to it being - exactly as you point out- more like a job than for entertainment/enjoyment.

Now that we have returned to Naval Action, the shoe is on the other foot.

• Like 1

The thing is very simple. We can win to USA, we can win to Dutch and we can win to Britain. We don´t bother about three enemies, we can even fight various fronts and beat the three at the same time as we have demonstrated during weeks.

The only thing we can not face are 12 flags from three nations and a fourth nation screening in an interval of 3 hours. This is a game and is suppossed to be fun (yes, also for us) and not to be a job. Multinational zerg it is not a coalition of war, it is not a legit strategy. It is a sign of your frustration at not being able to beat us cleanly. For weeks you have attacked Santiago one day each, wear down us, until our people have started to get tired and our ships to be lower quality than yours. This is the key of your success, you are not Nelson.

But you will not win this war until we decide that we have been defeated and that will never happen.

We will not give your share of fun at our expense. We will adapt and find our fun elsewhere.

You can throw your offer in that dark hole of yours where the sun never dawns.

You are telling us that you are seriously complaining about having to fight against 4 nations (when you actually have 3 allies) who are constantly attacking your ports, pulling flags and making playing the game feel like a job?

You have a very short memory it seems:

Welcome to what the British faced for months on end. Except that the Brits were genuinely on their own against four coordinating nations (of which you were one - the wheel turns does it not?) and gave their enemies a damn-good fight.

Absolute hypocrisy - if you can't take it, then don't dish it...

• Like 1

BTW Alex: no one has said you guys didn't put up a good fight.

When the SLRN faught for Jeremy over weeks. Two Port battle every day (one against pirates and one against Denmark) and where finally beaten by the pirate coalition in an epic and close battle they went out congratulating their foes for their achievements.

Grateful in victories, humble in defeat

• Like 1

We will not give your share of fun at our expense. We will adapt and find our fun elsewhere.

You can throw your offer in that dark hole of yours where the sun never dawns.

Dear Sir,

To make it clear again; we have not offered anything; We made a unilateral decision. But regardless... yours and similar comments by your fellow faction members in here do indeed entertain us. The sheer drama you continue to spout, matches the quality of the theatrical duet 'El Gato Montes' performed by Placido Domingo and  Montserat Caballe. :D

Best regards,

Gooneybird

Edited by Gooneybird

Let's keep our hair on.  Everyone in the TS was aware of the recording and consented to it, as is borne out in the recording itself, with the strong implication being it would be published.  I'm also not a lawyer (they're a bit thin on the ground apparently) but unless there's been an issue been raised by anyone else who was recorded I think this is pretty harmless.  For my part If you want to suffer my stuttering voice for 50ish minutes then go nuts :P

Actually, there is a big difference between asking to record the conversation for later reference, and publishing the conversation on public forums. If I had known, I would not have consented.

Edited by Stephen_Decatur
  • Like 2

Actually, there is a big difference between asking to record the conversation for later reference, and publishing the conversation on public forums. If I had known, I would not have consented.

At the end of meeting I had announced i´ll upload it to internet and send links to everyone and made public. No oposition as I understand.

I cant understant why dont you want transparency on this process.

Next time, if I´ll record, I´ll ask for permision to record and upload to public forums.

Please, this is a game, if a made a joke about someone, its a joke inside the game. For me was impossible to follow SenhorLenhador, his british accent make me think he is a insider in Spanish faction!!!!:-)

Regards and apollogies, next time I´ll take care, ask for permision typed on chat of everyone.

To be very clear: the game needs a mechanic to protect the gaming community from people like you, that are unable to swallow their ingame pride and take this shit personal.

If we don't stop taking you ports it hurts the game. That's why we stop despite the fact you continuously insult us

• Like 2

My response to all this:

Spanish - This should never have been posted without explicit consent of all involved. I did not expect this. So many treaties have been made and broken with no evidence of who is in the right and who is in the wrong. My assumption for the recordings which were done on both sides was so that we would have proof of any agreement made and not for the purpose of airing private discussions without due cause. Posting this was bad form.

It is a minor mistake though and hopefully a learning experience to the new diplomats of Spain.

To everyone else - Since it has been posted, context is important. The US was brought into this discussion by our allies and the Spanish were not expecting us. We agreed to go as observers. At the end we took the opportunity to state our position. It was a simple position and included elements (not screening) that the Spanish had asked of us in the past and we had granted. There was precedent. If you don't like, so what.

I could care less about Lord Bullshitters opinions.

Johny Reb/Thomas Pain

edit: Thank you Spain for the conversation. Even though the discussion didn't lead to anything productive, it was cordial and it was nice to meet your new representative.

• Like 1

It is also weird that in a thread dedicated to the relations between Netherlands and Spain the most vocals are english.

Dutch honored the defense pact with the british/US by joining into this war, so they should have a voice here too, isn´t it?

And as dutch we are simply tired I would say, of all that flame wars, propaganda, "national pride I do not surrender"-stuff and so one... That´s why we leave you alone with that here. We already had that a few weeks ago and do not need more of it. If the spanish nation wants to invest in our bilateral relationship, we would welcome them on our teamspeak. 

Edited by praefect
  • Like 1