Game-Labs Forum
Loco Bandito

Double Charge Perk

Starting perk set

• Double charge – officer knows how to efficiently use double charge powder allowing using this option in battle.

Ok anyone got more feedback on this perk, I choose it and i have doubts on it. The Carronade's dont load double charge. would have been nice to know this. Also it seems it is limited use once used up. Also any info on damage, I could not tell the difference.

double charge does not boost dmge.

It might even be the opposite.

You gain penetration - and maybe range (didnt check it out myself yet).

Your ball is propelled faster.

Long guns do a bit lesser dmge cause the faster propellant creates a cleaner hole.

Thus it might be that the double charge makes a very clean hole and lesser dmge.

(thats a question to the devs. I dont know if thats true as I say it, its a guess)

Bah I choose this perk under the impression it was more damage. Devs any feedback?

According to previous "double x" implementation , Double shot means more damage,   double charge only will help you  doing  total damage  if you are having problems penetrating your target

I would imagine, but needs testing, that double shot does more damage IF YOU PENETRATE. And logically, shooting two balls out of the cannon should diminish your penetration so only usefull when you are in point blank range. However might be a great perk for demasting? Again needs testing.

Double charge on the other hand should increase your penetration so would be useful for captains that like to fight from a safe distance.

Any feedback here is more than welcome.

HINT: I heard that the damage log is now fully functional so should be a great source for confirming above hypothesis.

ive tested it in a duel vs a clan mate and it did nothing... sadly the same thing for double shot it did nothing as well!! ><

i Can assure you double shot does more damage, i hav not tried double charge yet but i assume its more penetration so more leaks more damaged cannon and crew?

• Like 1

I saw a video with someone using double charge to generate 33 leaks with a victory broadside on a 3rd rate. Seems little bit OP.

Edited by shaeberle84

i used the double charge at 500 meters (when you can first see the other players name?) and got no difference in damage (i was using 42 lbers mediums) but I guess that is due to them being given only more pen chance (which at that range is not effective due to shaebaerle84's comment).

the double shot I used it at about 50 meters and it didnt do any more damage then single shot. I guess you need to be 5 meters out for it work.

shaebearle how far away was the Victory when it fired on the 3rd rate?

Edited by Chromey

Silly perk. Name is wrong (double charge would result in gun blowing up or dismounting). Should be "full charge" and have negatives (small % chance of gun and gun crew loss per shot).

• Like 4

my appologies for saying double shot did nothing. I was using of course mixed loadout and wasnt firing double shot until the devs fixed it.

If Double Shot and Double Charge are only for cannons do you have any plans to add anything for carronades? I'm not saying they need to be either of those two but it would be nice to have something in game that added some tactical decision making to those who use carronades. Perhaps a faster reload consumable or something similar? 

If Double Shot and Double Charge are only for cannons do you have any plans to add anything for carronades? I'm not saying they need to be either of those two but it would be nice to have something in game that added some tactical decision making to those who use carronades. Perhaps a faster reload consumable or something similar? 

Since most of carronades' supposed inaccuracy was due to difficulty of aiming them using normal methods, an officer perks to put their accuracy on par with long guns would be very realistic. 

• Like 1

I worked in a gun shop making black powder flintlock and percussion rifles and pistols.  You never double charge anything.  Please remove this unrealistic feature. It is embarrassing to see this in game when you know what would happen.

Examples: Weatherby and the shotgun(last pic) show burst barrels.

And something like this:

Ive shot 240 grains out of an 1853 enfield, which has a normal charge of 60 grains. Loaded that much on accident, ( got distracted when pouring powder) but the gun was stress tested at 700 grains.

For all of you wondering how to use double charge, look at this video at around 20.00 minutes; and again at 22.30 minutes.

Edited by shaeberle84

Oh Geez.  Not that battle again.     

Thanks for that posting as it is great to see the strategy that was laid before us by the British.  Impressive.     

Messing around with double shot.   

Silly perk. Name is wrong (double charge would result in gun blowing up or dismounting). Should be "full charge" and have negatives (small % chance of gun and gun crew loss per shot).

standard charge is 1/3rd 

double is 2/3rd

name could be changed but the meaning is historical 

• Like 3

Aye, no one ever defined how much "standard" is in relation to the maximum the cannon can handle. One might think the standard shot is already 3/3, thats the confusion imo.

But tbh, anyone want to have "1/3 powder" instead of the plain "ball" shot?

Edited by Tyrdael

Wish we had an answer here.. I only have double shot and don't see difference of normal damage from broadside right next to ship..might be a distance where it is only effective.