Game-Labs Forum

Hurry Up and Merge the PvP Servers

With all due respect to your experience on each server, mine , my friends (who moved on but one) our ping experience was and is way different as well as a clan member from western south america.

As far as RvR im a pirate so i dont get involved in the war but that mechanic is so broken its not even worth talking about.

If wanting to play with a good ping and good people i know and have something in common makes me an elitest then so be it.

P.S i dont think anyone has ever said anything aboyt you not getting your stuff. In fact most people gave said let anyone who wants to transfer thier accounts to either server but its the pvp1 toughs that keep interrupting our posts anywhere they find it insisting wr are hold outs or eletist who need to get over it and play with them. Trust me ive never heard one person suggest here or in game that you cant gave your stuff.

Maybe someone else knows.

Really ? Naval action is one of the best Game i know for playing with bad Ping. You have no problem playing with a 400-500 Ping.

no merge indeed no one from pvp2 wants to merge so get over it stop trying to influence us end of story if you reply with you're opinions on this comment like all the others pvp1 elitest that means you're a salty pvp2 to pvp1 player that wants his stuff from pvp3 or some foreigner that just wants more people joining thier server and is not thinking of other players set opponions when we say no we mean no get over it were tired of you..... l

Despite our own options there is always a financial and technical side of things.

Let's say PvP2 remains in place and PvP1 is merged into it, would that be an option ? Or are you really keen on population segregation based on.... !?

Despite our own options there is always a financial and technical side of things.

Let's say PvP2 remains in place and PvP1 is merged into it, would that be an option ? Or are you really keen on population segregation based on.... !?

Only dire needs would justify it....

People that remain in the separate server are quite sure by election , reasons can be as personal as the number of players...to name a few, main server primetime, perceived PvP1 toxicity, stablished community, relative importance of guilds in a different environment ..... Merging PvP1 on PvP2 or doing the other way (as you know for sure) means no diference.... only current nations positions , would be no harder than a soft port reset

Then there is the "alter" problem, as long as the character/server restriction is enforced (and t is indeed a good restriction),  you can only have  different play experiences on separate servers (and alt-aholics are not a minor number in  the gaming community  ) - two accounts needing two steam accounts is not a choice for everyone ..moreover that allows playing in the same server with both...with all related problems

• Like 2

no merge indeed no one from pvp2 wants to merge so get over it stop trying to influence us end of story if you reply with you're opinions on this comment like all the others pvp1 elitest that means you're a salty pvp2 to pvp1 player that wants his stuff from pvp3 or some foreigner that just wants more people joining thier server and is not thinking of other players set opponions when we say no we mean no get over it were tired of you..... l

There are a number of players I know of with many assets on PvP2 that stopped playing when the coming merge was announced in wait for the merge to take place to come back in.  As to what the proportional numbers are, I can only speculate over - but the resilient few left on pvp2 at the moment seem to represent about 1/8th of what the population used to be back in February. 

I also think that it would be nice to have a more constant population on the servers (my play time hours tend to see 300 players on pvp1 and maybe 160 or so on pvp2).

There are a number of players I know of with many assets on PvP2 that stopped playing when the coming merge was announced in wait for the merge to take place to come back in. As to what the proportional numbers are, I can only speculate over - but the resilient few left on pvp2 at the moment seem to represent about 1/8th of what the population used to be back in February.

I also think that it would be nice to have a more constant population on the servers (my play time hours tend to see 300 players on pvp1 and maybe 160 or so on pvp2).

So these people are so stubborn that they would rather just never play rather than admit thier folly? Personally they dont seem like they will be missed.

The rest of us dont or need to be punished because people heard a rumor and prematurely evacuated a server. Thier faults not ours.

So these people are so stubborn that they would rather just never play rather than admit thier folly? Personally they dont seem like they will be missed.

The rest of us dont or need to be punished because people heard a rumor and prematurely evacuated a server. Thier faults not ours.

I'm sorry Doomed but your wrong on this. I know of two clans biding their time in other games just because they don't want to have to rebuild all their blue prints and crap from scratch in order to play on a populated server. Pvp2 may be a nice community and I don't doubt that but the population just isn't there. We're talking about guys that want to compete on the 25v25 level with first rates. In order to get all those blue prints back they would have to re-collect up masses of materials on Econ competitive pvp1. Then they will have to spend a month cranking out ships they don't want just to get up to the 1st rate bps again. Meanwhile they already have all that stuff on pvp2 that they already spent all that time getting. The promise comes up if a merge. Pvp3 does the merge and it works. Logically why shouldn't they just stay in other games and wait it out? Besides no one ever expected the merge to take this loooooong. It's been nearly a quarter year since the Dev discussion that prompted the exodus from pvp2.

Now all that said, I'm no longer sure merging pvp2 is a good idea. All that matters is the blue prints and ships locked in it. It has been so long pvp2 has been running, mostly barren, that there are huge stock piles of cheap raw mats in the hands of the players that stayed there. Also in the hands of Econ minded that may have been hording mats on pvp2 to take advantage of a future merge. Players from pvp2 could merge into pvp1 with so many stock piles of mats that the pvp1 economy just stalls for months. At this stage it might be better just to give those that wanted to merge their blue prints, ships and call it good. Leave PvP2 running as long as they can afford rent on the extra server.

I'm sorry Doomed but your wrong on this. I know of two clans biding their time in other games just because they don't want to have to rebuild all their blue prints and crap from scratch in order to play on a populated server. Pvp2 may be a nice community and I don't doubt that but the population just isn't there. We're talking about guys that want to compete on the 25v25 level with first rates. In order to get all those blue prints back they would have to re-collect up masses of materials on Econ competitive pvp1. Then they will have to spend a month cranking out ships they don't want just to get up to the 1st rate bps again. Meanwhile they already have all that stuff on pvp2 that they already spent all that time getting. The promise comes up if a merge. Pvp3 does the merge and it works. Logically why shouldn't they just stay in other games and wait it out? Besides no one ever expected the merge to take this loooooong. It's been nearly a quarter year since the Dev discussion that prompted the exodus from pvp2.

Now all that said, I'm no longer sure merging pvp2 is a good idea. All that matters is the blue prints and ships locked in it. It has been so long pvp2 has been running, mostly barren, that there are huge stock piles of cheap raw mats in the hands of the players that stayed there. Also in the hands of Econ minded that may have been hording mats on pvp2 to take advantage of a future merge. Players from pvp2 could merge into pvp1 with so many stock piles of mats that the pvp1 economy just stalls for months. At this stage it might be better just to give those that wanted to merge their blue prints, ships and call it good. Leave PvP2 running as long as they can afford rent on the extra server.

I totally 100% agree that bp should go with account but i dont think im wrong about not wanting to give in to people who jumped the gun.

If there are seriously entire clans rufusing to play because they left waiting for a rumored merge then wont come back because there was no merge and refuse to play till they can take everything from pvp2 to pvp1 and start there EXACTLY where they currently are now in pvp2 lol. To me that is the logic of the insane.

Also if there are even half the numbers of players waiting to come back as there is posts about players wanting to come back then pvp2 would be over populated if they came back lol.

While ido sympathize with those who made a mistake i just (and many others )feel tht if these people quit over a rumor and now refuse to come back them that's on them.

Hope tht clears it up a tad. Btw you can play both servers too and play whichever one you feel like that day ! Juat anther option for em.

What happens when they wipe all assets except XP? Does everyone quit then too??

No, it then becomes a level playing field again for a time. Alot of us assumed they would wipe servers before a merge (ports, assets) instead of asset transfer but who knows at this point. I'm starting to think they might wait till all the servers are merged (pve in Pacific separated ect.) But who knows I've been wrong more then right as far as their decisions are concerned.

• Like 1

No, it then becomes a level playing field again for a time. Alot of us assumed they would wipe servers before a merge (ports, assets) instead of asset transfer but who knows at this point. I'm starting to think they might wait till all the servers are merged (pve in Pacific separated ect.) But who knows I've been wrong more then right as far as their decisions are concerned.

Exactly. Having to start from scratch on a new server, is a pain in the ..... backside.  Still, players that migrated in anticipation do not get any consideration for assets earned on other servers.

Not entirely unrelated is also the issue that people have with wanting to change factions, but not doing so because that would mean losing all their assets.  At that point, we have already seen folks just leave the game instead.

Mistakes were made by many players along the eras. The biggest one is still made today with the support of many "veterans" - grind grind grin rank rank rank get bigger sail bigger ... all with assumptions this works like a world of thunder.... exactly everything NA is not.

• Like 1

If they need to re-set assets, then there is something wrong with the basic design of the game from an MMO persistence point of view.

Proper design would accommodate any number of people at any level, with any amount of assets, and use game play mechanics to balance individual contests.

The way to do this is with an increasing level of diminishing returns for expenditure of resources the higher in assets a person gets, to restrict power no matter wealth, to create scenarios where not having certain assets is not a guaranteed loss, and other scenarios where limitations are set that see's everyone at the ceiling in performance regardless of assets.

If they have to re-set to get balance, then at a core level they have failed to design a balanced game, because unless periodic resets are a planned part of the game cycle, they need to have a system that can survive long term players having essentially unlimited assets, as that is the inevitable outcome of a persistent game.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken
  • Like 1

There is a potential solution to this, build a system where a player can migrate between servers, and move all goods and ships in their capital with them.

Then you will see exactly who want's to move but doesn't want to lose their stuff, and those that stay due to preference.

While your at it, set it up so the same thing can happen nationally.  Build a "Switch Nation" feature that lets you take all the stuff in your capital with you.

Then you would see people migrate around based on Clan/Friend loyalty, and not on server or national loyalty.  It would also end the bitching about pirates having an unnatural influx of players due to the "turning pirate" mechanics, which should be replaced by a locked "Smuggler" check box for 24hrs per Green on Green action.

Couldn't have said that better myself. Bravo!

And yes, I know at least 75% of my gaming community would quit permanently if dealt a setback like an asset reset.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Port control wipes are fine, but individual asset wipes or XP wipes are not.  I hate to break it to folks, but regardless of Alpha, Beta, Gamma semantics, the game's actual launch as an MMO was the day it went live on Steam.  There will never be more players than that unless they have a free weekend after it is at 1.0+ content level, or release massive expansions (doubtful that will ever happen with an indie developer).  Most people don't like wasting their time.  I'm nearing 500 hours of playtime myself, and if that work were to be suddenly stripped, I would not be incredibly motivated do it all over again.  I'm not even one of the ones at max level or that has an insane amount of gold or ships, even after all those hours spent actively playing.  Instead, I'd go play some other game.  There's so many great games vying for a gamer's limited time these days, that all it takes is a little push and they're away and off to something else.

The testing provided us with unlimited and devalued assets. Gold is so abundant it completely inflates the economy.

I would vouch for a rank keeping, sure why not, but without a asset wipte there is little point in re-addressing all that is yet to come.

Regarding the merge, as I said before, not considering technical issues on the devs side and datacenter considerations, I wouldn't mind being fused into PvP2 from PvP1. I think it would be okay with all, EU, US and Asia/Oceania folks.

As a US player, all being merged into the US server would be an even better solution, I just assumed it was less likely to occur.  In regards to the economy the devs have already stated multiple times it is very easy to take a lot of gold and assets out of the economy very quickly if needed.

• Like 1