Game-Labs Forum

Hurry Up and Merge the PvP Servers

The reason why PvP2 exodus hasnt caused an uptick in PvP1 population is because most players are waiting for the assets merge. Several hundred players, if not a thousand, are waiting just on that, including most of my old clan.

Sorta my point. You say thousands of pvp2 players are sitting offline waiting all because of a rumor, including most of your clan. By you math that means with no rumors pvp2 would be smoking pvp1s population.

The reason why PvP2 exodus hasnt caused an uptick in PvP1 population is because most players are waiting for the assets merge. Several hundred players, if not a thousand, are waiting just on that, including most of my old clan.

Those hundreds/thousands you are talking about are people who are simply not coming back.  Nobody is sitting on the sidelines waiting for this magical merger to play the game.  They are all playing different games by now.  

Im not ,and i dont believe the others are either, taking it personally but you guys AND admin needs to see it from our pov.

Ive been on pvp2 since it started and have seen the big and small clans leave for pvp1 as well BUT alot of these players have left because of rumors or hints from admin and mods that our server is gonna close. Thats pretty insulting to keep implying our server is weak or deserves to close etc when during US prime time our population is low just like pvp1s and if all those players lured off by rumors or poachers comming in and offering prizes to leave then there is no doubt that during US prime time pvp2 would be the bigger server.

One of our biggest complaints that are ignored is that in a merger not only will the larger European population dictate everything that happens while we sleep or work but the ping is bad. Yes some people dont have issues but when we tried pvp1 we lose every single pvp boarding fight because of ping. Just last night 2 more people came back to pvp2 because they said they keep getting boarded and lose because ping.

As a the pvp1 players can see we are happy with our server and dont see why people keep trolling our post with " just give up and join pvp1" talk.

Agsin its not personal we just like our server like you like yours.

Cheers.

Actually you are not correct.

Me and others also started on PvP2 just like you did. We do know what it was like. It wasn't bad, the ping was good, at first the pvp as good. It had toxic Brits, toxic pirates it had zergs stomping entire nations out of the game or trying to. It had everything personality wise pvp1 did. Just less players

Now where we differ is that some of us actually gave a fair try to pvp1. In that aspect some of us have more information than you do. I play in Pacific zone. I haven't had any ping issues. Neither have my clan mates playing in eastern zone. Pvp1 isn't all that toxic. My guess is those players have long since moved on just like they did in pvp2. This past weekend pvp1 had about 800 players during the day both days. They are a good crowd and the Zerg nation also seem to have died off. I'm not finding any problems playing on pvp1 worth noting over pvp2.

Now to give it a fair look I went back to pvp2 this past week. I did some easy crafting. Other than that it was relatively worthless to try to play as France. Why? Because the entire server is nearly polarized into Brit or USA. There are a few Danes but they mostly just exist to put down the few inexperienced French trying to make a come back. So the overall health of pvp2 is abismal unless you happen to be in the "in" crowd. If it's not there already it's just going to be one an elitist server controlled by specific groups that even decide when and where all port battles will take place. But the Crafting is easy with so many unvisited ports containing thousands of low cost raw materials. Now is say crafting because that is what it is. There is no Econ game to be had there for merchant princes.

Now if the 60-70 steadfast elitists want to hang out on pvp2 I don't mind. Realistically, if you were going to risk RvR in the populated game you would have done it already like the rest of us did. Your the stubborn hold outs and that ain't likely to change. What I would like is my stuff from pvp2 transferred over to pvp1 and for you to stop suggested there is something wrong with us players on pvp1 or that we somehow don't know what both servers are like. Stay there as long as the Devs let you but stop putting up road blocks to us getting our stuff back so the limbo players can come back.

Edited by Bach

Those hundreds/thousands you are talking about are people who are simply not coming back. Nobody is sitting on the sidelines waiting for this magical merger to play the game. They are all playing different games by now.

Thousands may be an exaggeration but at least 30 or so of my old pvp2 clans are playing other games while they wait. They worked hard to be top rate ship Blue Prints and hulls made. Starting all that over on pvp1 is a big turn off for a number of players who choose to wait in other games rather than climb that crafting ladder from scratch again. If the Devs would just transfer our stuff I for one would be happy for you to keep your private little server going. Edited by Bach

Sounds like the big motivation is not to close PvP2 and force the remaining players to use PvP1 only. But what is wanted is for the devs to allow some of the PvP2 players to transfer their assets to PvP1.

Seems simple. Would keep everyone happy. Expect a few who would love to see PVP2 killed and it's remaining players alienated.

Edited by Macjimm

Actually you are not correct.

Me and others also started on PvP2 just like you did. We do know what it was like. It wasn't bad, the ping was good, at first the pvp as good. It had toxic Brits, toxic pirates it had zergs stomping entire nations out of the game or trying to. It had everything personality wise pvp1 did. Just less players

Now where we differ is that some of us actually gave a fair try to pvp1. In that aspect some of us have more information than you do. I play in Pacific zone. I haven't had any ping issues. Neither have my clan mates playing in eastern zone. Pvp1 isn't all that toxic. My guess is those players have long since moved on just like they did in pvp2. This past weekend pvp1 had about 800 players during the day both days. They are a good crowd and the Zerg nation also seem to have died off. I'm not finding any problems playing on pvp1 worth noting over pvp2.

Now to give it a fair look I went back to pvp2 this past week. I did some easy crafting. Other than that it was relatively worthless to try to play as France. Why? Because the entire server is nearly polarized into Brit or USA. There are a few Danes but they mostly just exist to put down the few inexperienced French trying to make a come back. So the overall health of pvp2 is abismal unless you happen to be in the "in" crowd. If it's not there already it's just going to be one an elitist server controlled by specific groups that even decide when and where all port battles will take place. But the Crafting is easy with so many unvisited ports containing thousands of low cost raw materials. Now is say crafting because that is what it is. There is no Econ game to be had there for merchant princes.

Now if the 60-70 steadfast elitists want to hang out on pvp2 I don't mind. Realistically, if you were going to risk RvR in the populated game you would have done it already like the rest of us did. Your the stubborn hold outs and that ain't likely to change. What I would like is my stuff from pvp2 transferred over to pvp1 and for you to stop suggested there is something wrong with us players on pvp1 or that we somehow don't know what both servers are like. Stay there as long as the Devs let you but stop putting up road blocks to us getting our stuff back so the limbo players can come back.

With all due respect to your experience on each server, mine , my friends (who moved on but one) our ping experience was and is way different as well as a clan member from western south america.

As far as RvR im a pirate so i dont get involved in the war but that mechanic is so broken its not even worth talking about.

If wanting to play with a good ping and good people i know and have something in common makes me an elitest then so be it.

P.S i dont think anyone has ever said anything aboyt you not getting your stuff. In fact most people gave said let anyone who wants to transfer thier accounts to either server but its the pvp1 toughs that keep interrupting our posts anywhere they find it insisting wr are hold outs or eletist who need to get over it and play with them. Trust me ive never heard one person suggest here or in game that you cant gave your stuff.

Maybe someone else knows.

Edited by Mrdoomed

With all due respect to your experience on each server, mine , my friends (who moved on but one) our ping experience was and is way different as well as a clan member from western south america.

As far as RvR im a pirate so i dont get involved in the war but that mechanic is so broken its not even worth talking about.

If wanting to play with a good ping and good people i know and have something in common makes me an elitest then so be it.

P.S i dont think anyone has ever said anything aboyt you not getting your stuff. In fact most people gave said let anyone who wants to transfer thier accounts to either server but its the pvp1 toughs that keep interrupting our posts anywhere they find it insisting wr are hold outs or eletist who need to get over it and play with them. Trust me ive never heard one person suggest here or in game that you cant gave your stuff.

Maybe someone else knows.

On pvp1 I play the game as it is with the people that happen to be there. No matter if I like or dislike their comments in global or NAT chat. No matter if their play style agrees with mine or not. No matter if they might have a ping advantage over us North Americans there.

You have stated numerous times that you won't play pvp1 because those players say toxic things. Those players play styles are just gankers. You wouldn't subject yourself to the disadvantage of a less than optimal ping.

Which one of those two points of view seems elitist to you? Not trying to pick on you. As far as I'm concerned your entitled to play how you like. But it is what it is own up too it.

I wouldnt force anyone to do anything. Two months ago it was suggested we should be on pvp1 because it was going to happen anyway. Pvp2 at that time had long sails to pvp and players had to wait 3-4 hours to teleport to other pvp zones. So many of us left to pvp1 and some went into limbo to wait on the merge. At this time we didn't know if we would get our stuff back or if it would be a unilateral wipe to equal starting points. Then a month ago they merged pvp3 to one and suggested we would get all our pvp2 stuff in play to use on pvp1. Then a little over a week ago the Dev forum post on upcoming patches suggested the merge would occur in the June patch. There are about 60-70 steady players on pvp2. That is barely going to make a dent in pvp1 if you merge them. So it's really now just about the gear and limbo players. My clan alone has half as many players waiting in limbo as the entire pvp2 server has left. I suspect limbo out number playing in pvp2. No way to prove that though. One thing that has me a little worried after playing pvp2 this past week is the raw materials farming of that near empty server. The stockpiles of materials harvestable at dirt low prices there could cause an Econ swing if it's all brought to pvp1 at once. So as time goes by a serve wipe is starting to make more in game fairness sense but that also will piss off a lot of players. So the sooner this thing gets resolved the better.

Edited by Bach

On pvp1 I play the game as it is with the people that happen to be there. No matter if I like or dislike their comments in global or NAT chat. No matter if their play style agrees with mine or not. No matter if they might have a ping advantage over us North Americans there.

You have stated numerous times that you won't play pvp1 because those players say toxic things. Those players play styles are just gankers. You wouldn't subject yourself to the disadvantage of a less than optimal ping.

Which one of those two points of view seems elitist to you? Not trying to pick on you. As far as I'm concerned your entitled to play how you like. But it is what it is own up too it.

I wouldnt force anyone to do anything. Two months ago it was suggested we should be on pvp1 because it was going to happen anyway. Pvp2 at that time had long sails to pvp and players had to wait 3-4 hours to teleport to other pvp zones. So many of us left to pvp1 and some went into limbo to wait on the merge. At this time we didn't know if we would get our stuff back or if it would be a unilateral wipe to equal starting points. Then a month ago they merged pvp3 to one and suggested we would get all our pvp2 stuff in play to use on pvp1. Then a little over a week ago the Dev forum post on upcoming patches suggested the merge would occur in the June patch. There are about 60-70 steady players on pvp2. That is barely going to make a dent in pvp1 if you merge them. So it's really now just about the gear and limbo players. My clan alone has half as many players waiting in limbo as the entire pvp2 server has left. I suspect limbo out number playing in pvp2. No way to prove that though. One thing that has me a little worried after playing pvp2 this past week is the raw materials farming of that near empty server. The stockpiles of materials harvestable at dirt low prices there could cause an Econ swing if it's all brought to pvp1 at once. So as time goes by a serve wipe is starting to make more in game fairness sense but that also will piss off a lot of players. So the sooner this thing gets resolved the better.

Yours is the eletist attitude since youre asking.

You- I made this choice on my own to play in a different server for my own reason NOW I DEMAND THAT EVERYONE ESLE DOES

Me- I get a good ping on tje server that says US and therfore is recommended for me. Hmm i think ill stick in this one.

Seems sorta obvious to me. Why are you so damn determined to argue this with us ? Its only you guys telling us we HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT and merge ? Why bach ? Why are you and some others so determined to force us to do what you chose to do intead of have free will ?

I guess we can sit here and argue for all eternity and also if i dont want to play with certain people why again does that bother you ? Why bach ? Im only playing now as it is just whem a friend logs in because this game has changed for the worse to much BUT still shouldnt i be allowed to make my own choice of community?

Its not just me that says this btw its lots of people making the same claims so please bach dont single me out.

Again why is it so important to you that you force me and others to make the choice you did ?

Yours is the eletist attitude since youre asking.

You- I made this choice on my own to play in a different server for my own reason NOW I DEMAND THAT EVERYONE ESLE DOES

Me- I get a good ping on tje server that says US and therfore is recommended for me. Hmm i think ill stick in this one.

Seems sorta obvious to me. Why are you so damn determined to argue this with us ? Its only you guys telling us we HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT and merge ? Why bach ? Why are you and some others so determined to force us to do what you chose to do intead of have free will ?

I guess we can sit here and argue for all eternity and also if i dont want to play with certain people why again does that bother you ? Why bach ? Im only playing now as it is just whem a friend logs in because this game has changed for the worse to much BUT still shouldnt i be allowed to make my own choice of community?

Its not just me that says this btw its lots of people making the same claims so please bach dont single me out.

Again why is it so important to you that you force me and others to make the choice you did ?

I thought I made it pretty clear above that I don't mind if you stay on pvp2. There aren't enough of you to effect anything any longer. It's just about getting the gear and limbo players back.

At some point the Devs will have to weigh the value in renting server space and maintenance for a server supporting a handful of players that can't get a good ping in the part of the world in which they live. That day you will have bigger problems than us players asking for stuff to be merged to pvp1. Good luck with that.

There is a potential solution to this, build a system where a player can migrate between servers, and move all goods and ships in their capital with them.

Then you will see exactly who want's to move but doesn't want to lose their stuff, and those that stay due to preference.

While your at it, set it up so the same thing can happen nationally.  Build a "Switch Nation" feature that lets you take all the stuff in your capital with you.

Then you would see people migrate around based on Clan/Friend loyalty, and not on server or national loyalty.  It would also end the bitching about pirates having an unnatural influx of players due to the "turning pirate" mechanics, which should be replaced by a locked "Smuggler" check box for 24hrs per Green on Green action.

As a side note, its not like the US couldnt use the help on PvP1..   from another thread, it appears that the vast majority of players remaining on PvP2 are US faction.  Come on over and help....  I can assure you that the "toxicity" you mention is greatly exaggerated on these forums.  Most of the "bad apples" have already gone back to COD7994...

Again, just a suggestion...  not a demand.  

* plus, its nice and quiet out in the gulf near texas...  you could set up out there and kick ass.

There is a potential solution to this, build a system where a player can migrate between servers, and move all goods and ships in their capital with them.

Then you will see exactly who want's to move but doesn't want to lose their stuff, and those that stay due to preference.

While your at it, set it up so the same thing can happen nationally.  Build a "Switch Nation" feature that lets you take all the stuff in your capital with you.

Then you would see people migrate around based on Clan/Friend loyalty, and not on server or national loyalty.  It would also end the bitching about pirates having an unnatural influx of players due to the "turning pirate" mechanics, which should be replaced by a locked "Smuggler" check box for 24hrs per Green on Green action.

Due to how they have set this up and that the only thing that is common among all servers are your XP and Ranks due to this information is stored in Steam.

I like the idea you have about switching servers and bringing what you have, and as you state, from the Capital - to Capital. If you were to have other supplies in other wharehouses at other locations, they would have to remain because they are not a constant (Port A is French on PvP1 but its English on PvP2).

They would, also, have to exclude whatever was obtained on the PvE server so that does not get into the PvP server mix; Still need to keep a definate separation there.

I have bounced around among all the servers (including the defunct PvP3) and the thought of a new grind on every server does not appeal with me. Having the gains from PvP3 move to PvP1 makes PvP1 a bit more playable. Although the ping rate is far better for me on PvP2 and given a choice where to have moved the PvP3 supply, I would have choisen PvP2 just because the ping rate is almost half that of PvP1. Yes I can work in PvP1 but that is not my best choice.

And yes, I do enjoy the freedom to choose what server I want to be on.

Due to how they have set this up and that the only thing that is common among all servers are your XP and Ranks due to this information is stored in Steam.

I like the idea you have about switching servers and bringing what you have, and as you state, from the Capital - to Capital. If you were to have other supplies in other wharehouses at other locations, they would have to remain because they are not a constant (Port A is French on PvP1 but its English on PvP2).

They would, also, have to exclude whatever was obtained on the PvE server so that does not get into the PvP server mix; Still need to keep a definate separation there.

I have bounced around among all the servers (including the defunct PvP3) and the thought of a new grind on every server does not appeal with me. Having the gains from PvP3 move to PvP1 makes PvP1 a bit more playable. Although the ping rate is far better for me on PvP2 and given a choice where to have moved the PvP3 supply, I would have choisen PvP2 just because the ping rate is almost half that of PvP1. Yes I can work in PvP1 but that is not my best choice.

And yes, I do enjoy the freedom to choose what server I want to be on.

Actually I just read how they handled it on the Euro Merge, and that mechanic would be fine.

Everything gets itemized, and you have to expand them again once you move. It even lets you switch nations.

Highlights

• Assets are transferred to account - not as players. If you wanted to change the name or nation - its a good chance to do it.
  • All merged assets will be given to as redeemables 

If the option existed to voluntarily start this process, and then just drop the "player" account onto any server you like, and switch nations, that would do it.

The one exploit I can see is if they also let you change name during a switch. You might be able to hide cheating activity by switching to a different name/nation in the process. It would may take bit more forensics to track a exploit report to the originating account if it's been removed from the server, but then again they may already have all that logged, so it may be a non-issue.

Nation flipping/spying could be mitigated by requiring a 1 month cool down before you could switch again.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken
  • Like 1

Admin wrote on May, 12th in the thread mentioned by KrakkenSmacken

Resources merged into PvP EU 1
Gold
Resources from warehouses
Ships
Upgrades
Known blueprints
Outposts and buildings will be lost but the price of construction or upgrades will be compensated in gold

Last line... Worked quite good for me.

Edited by Archer11
  • Like 1

I think its time to start thinking of the survival of this game, now that the devs have once again screwed up by not allowing any transparency into what is going on with the merger. They convey no information, no timeline, not one bit of insight as to what the yes/no condition is for the "possible" part and have never answered a direct question at all about mergers in regards to whn, why, or how until thousands of players ran for the door. the snapshots arent looking good, they are hopefully going to put the game on sale, but the looming merger scare coupled with alot of players simply giving this game a bad review lately (yes i am one of them but thats because this game used to coddle the well, millennials and their special needs and requirements for a safe place) and screaming the game is dead.

So yeah im all for the merger, have been planning for it for some time. now that pvp1 is approx the same as pvp2 in terms of population it only makes sense

Edited by cheatos503

I think its time to start thinking of the survival of this game, now that the devs have once again screwed up by not allowing any transparency into what is going on with the merger. They convey no information, no timeline, not one bit of insight as to what the yes/no condition is for the "possible" part and have never answered a direct question at all about mergers in regards to whn, why, or how until thousands of players ran for the door. the snapshots arent looking good, they are hopefully going to put the game on sale, but the looming merger scare coupled with alot of players simply giving this game a bad review lately (yes i am one of them but thats because this game used to coddle the well, millennials and their special needs and requirements for a safe place) and screaming the game is dead.

So yeah im all for the merger, have been planning for it for some time. now that pvp1 is approx the same as pvp2 in terms of population it only makes sense

If this wasn't an Early Access Alpha, then I would heartily agree with you. Since it is an Early Access Alpha, I don't put any expectations in. That way I can't be disappointed.

I do think however, that this is also a trial run for developer communications and as we get closer to release these should come up to a better level.

(And no I don't want any private chats with developers, or PM-ing them or anything. Just a notice that downtime would be extended beforehand. :P )

Edited by Skully

If this wasn't an Early Access Alpha, then I would heartily agree with you. Since it is an Early Access Alpha, I don't put any expectations in. That way I can't be disappointed.

I do think however, that this is also a trial run for developer communications and as we get closer to release these should come up to a better level.

(And no I don't want any private chats with developers, or PM-ing them or anything. Just a notice that downtime would be extended beforehand. :P )

so then what do you think the conditions shoudl be? when 20 people are left on each server? and when does "early alpha" mean that the devs shouldn't give us more transparency when they make a statement that has a huge effect on game play witrh no supporting information so ppl go nuts trying to interpret what the hell they actually mean.

this game has been in "early alpha" for 2 years. in all likelyhood will live out its game lifespan in "open beta" so what the hell is the difference when terms like alpha and beta are more for marketing now rather than actual statements of development.

Edited by cheatos503

It's too bad that there is hardly any communication regarding the server merge from the developers. I have been on pvp2, started as Great Britain and then switched to Spain, and over the past few weeks all of the people I switched with have stopped playing, we had about 10 guys so we could do port battles and missions together. Now you are lucky if there are more than two players online at a time. I realize that on pvp2 there are 2 or 3 nations that still have an economy/community but right now all of my assets are stuck in a place where I can't enjoy playing the game with others as I am alone. I would like to see assets on pvp2 given as redeemable, even if the developers decide not to have a server merge. This way the people who's clans/friends have stopped playing can switch to a nation with more active players or change servers if they wish. Maybe if this was an option for a week it could give players a chance to switch and you wouldn't be upsetting the players who like the pvp2 server. I could switch to pirate and keep everything but having heard that pirates may be limited in the future I would rather choose another nation. It's crazy to me that the developers can have a full page on fishing but won't say anything on the 'possible server merge'. I think that the new patch has good changes but was fishing more important than deciding if the merger will happen or not? The main thing that is upsetting is the lack of communication, sure we are all having fun but we are also testing this game and out of respect for the testers we should be given information on what you are planning with a merge. Saying 'possible server merge' only causes uncertainty especially when the following weeks we are not given any more information. If a Dev see's this PLEASE tell us where you are at with this decision.